Build Up Kearny?

Guest For a better tommorrow

Guest For a better tommorrow

Has anyone else noticed that no one in power really seems to be doing anything to build up the town? I've seen the nice bricks that have gone in, not to mention the fancy lamp posts and such. I've also seen the town try to fix their finacial woes by cutting back on services, such as downsizing the municipal services. Why has no action been brought to get businesses to come into town? We are just miles from NYC and the Meadowlands Sports Complex, yet not a single hotel stands in town, or malls, mini or maxi. No Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart. Why don't we try to build up our town instead of bashing it and all of the services in it? I put the question to you. What do you think?

Guest Guest 99
Has anyone else noticed that no one in power really seems to be doing anything to build up the town? I've seen the nice bricks that have gone in, not to mention the fancy lamp posts and such. I've also seen the town try to fix their finacial woes by cutting back on services, such as downsizing the municipal services. Why has no action been brought to get businesses to come into town? We are just miles from NYC and the Meadowlands Sports Complex, yet not a single hotel stands in town, or malls, mini or maxi. No Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart. Why don't we try to build up our town instead of bashing it and all of the services in it? I put the question to you. What do you think?

What do I think? I think you're so far out of touch with what is going on in town that you must be living in Pennsylvania.

Applebeys will be open on River Road by May. WalMart will start construction on Harrison Avenue in Kearny within the year. Lowes is looking into building on the property next to WalMart.

Guest guestfromK

Why would you want a hotel in Kearny?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Kearny should remain a quaint small town, what good would a hotel do besides congest the already inundated Passaic ave.

Archived