Laughs

Guest Guest

i am a resident of town and have a scanner. yes i need to know what is happening in town for my own protection. the question i pose is why? are cops? dispatchers? laughing on the air? isn't there some sort of fcc rule against that? why are their names given out over the air? i find that too personal and offense. <_<

i am a resident of town and have a scanner. yes i need to know what is happening in town for my own protection. the question i pose is why? are cops? dispatchers? laughing on the air? isn't there some sort of fcc rule against that? why are their names given out over the air? i find that too personal and offense. :o

you must live in the gardens!!! if you are so unhappy then turn off your scanner. oh then you would not hear your son/daughter's name when they get locked up. get a life you loser

Yes. I believe in 1987 the FCC passed a "no laughing" law into effect for all police and fire scanners. (hahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

GET A GOD DAMN LIFE YOU NOSEY LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not a cop or fireman YOU DO NOT NEED A SCANNER!!!!!!!

Nobody with a fullfilled life would want to sit and listen to the annoying sound of a scanner in their home.

Let these people do their jobs. there are certainly ALOT of other things to worry about these days than people laughing.

It is illegal for a person to have a police scanner and the reason it is "too personal" or "offense" (should be offensive) is due only to the fact that people like you are listening when you shouldn't be. Stop worrying about the FCC cause there are LAWS against you owning a scanner with police/fire channels programmed in, moron!

Another nosey Harrisonian with nothing else better to do than to complain . Who cares what is said? Oh wait god forbid if someone actually had fun at work and enjoyed their job! Maybe it just goes to show that not all the cops are as miserable as you people make them out to be.

Guest listen hear

:angry: ditto,scanners are illegal if used for malice intent.(just about every harrison garden resident abuses)one can only pray that when you name is called for the thousand time on a warrant check, attrino is listening too and printing next day, j/o

worry about your next election and or your can goods a hole.

It is illegal for a person to have a police scanner and the reason it is "too personal" or "offense" (should be offensive) is due only to the fact that people like you are listening when you shouldn't be. Stop worrying about the FCC cause there are LAWS against you owning a scanner with police/fire channels programmed in, moron!

If police scanners are illegal, why could I go down to Radio Shack and, along with the scanner, get a book of the frequencies of the local fire, police, ems, airports, security guards, ect.? Really illegal if I can go down to Radio Shack and purchase one.

to the one who calls everyone a loser is the biggest loser. Your on the web everyday complaining. Get a life biggest loser of them all. Stay off the web if you don't like them talking about you.

Guest trickshot

IT'S NOT ILLEGAL TO HAVE A SCANNER IN YOUR HOME . GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! YOU CAN'T HAVE A SCANNER IN YOUR CAR, UNLESS YOUR A COP, FIREMAN, EMT, OR A LICENSED AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR. WHAT'S THE MATTER, YOU DON'T WANT THE PUBLIC TO HEAR ABOUT WHO WANTS COFFEE, OR ONE OF YOU BUTTHOLES SCREWING UP AGAIN. BE REAL....WE'RE NOT ALL STUPID!.

Guest 280alloveragain
:angry: ditto,scanners are illegal if used for malice intent.(just about every harrison garden resident abuses)one can only pray that when you name is called for the thousand time on a warrant check, attrino is listening too and printing next day, j/o

worry about your next election and or your can goods a hole

They should all worry about the next election. I can't beleive no one has posted about the state buying about 6 blocks of Harrison around the existing schools for fields and parking lots for the teachers. Sell-outs. I hope Attrino reports on this!!

worry about your next election and or your can goods a hole

They should all worry about the next election. I can't beleive no one has posted about the state buying about 6 blocks of Harrison around the existing schools for fields and parking lots for the teachers. Sell-outs. I hope Attrino reports on this!!

as for that comment who lives around the corner from washington middle school?

O.J , Joe B. Im sure they will get top dollar for there houses when the state takes them. what do you think?

Scanners can't be used for malice intent (i.e. you are committing a crime, and you are listening to see when the police are coming so that you can run; or you are going to interfere with police response); etc...However, as for those books sold with radio frequencies, they do not include frequences for the private channels that both the police and fire have and are forced to switch to because people are listening. If someone is desperate enough to search (it wouldn't be easy) and find private police/fire channels, and they are hearing names being thrown out over the air or coffee orders (whatever it may be) and has a problem with that, then they need to get a life. These things are not broadcasted over advertised frequencies found in books at Radio Shack, and therefore, that person is in the wrong for listening to that channel. Doesn't mean they won't listen, however, they should not be complaining about what they hear or what the FCC has rules against. If you are a D.O.A., your name would not be sent over the air on the channel you find in your reliable, handy-dandy, little Radio Shack book...it would be on the private channel. The only wrong in this comes from the people who have nothing better to do than be nosey and listen to it, not the cops, fireman, or dispatchers who use it.

Archived