Dear Byran, 2smart4u and Bushbacker

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do. :)

That's a joke guys, I would like to think that for all of the discourse that we have here you still posses a sense of humor?

That's a joke guys, I would like to think that for all of the discourse that we have here you still posses a sense of humor?

Not quite worth its own thread, but it's a good one (not exactly novel).

I always liked "I must catch up to the others ... for I am their leader."

Guest Autonomous

I have to say-it seems unfair to lump Bryan in with the Kool-aid drinking sheep. They offer nothing but snide, asinine remarks. While I agree with Bryan on some issues and disagree with him on others, I don't doubt his sincerity or intelligence (or for that matter sanity) like I do the other two.

Guest KearnyKard
I have to say-it seems unfair to lump Bryan in with the Kool-aid drinking sheep. They offer nothing but snide, asinine remarks. While I agree with Bryan on some issues and disagree with him on others, I don't doubt his sincerity or intelligence (or for that matter sanity) like I do the other two.

Kool-Aid ?? That's a descriptive term of the radical left, like yourself.

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

Point taken

Guest Autonomous
Kool-Aid ??  That's a descriptive term of the radical left, like yourself.

Actually it refers to the Jonestown mass suicide. It compares the person in question to a brainwashed cultist.

I don't suppose you'd like to give a single example of me supporting the left's positions? Just one? If you had read any of my posts you would realize that I'm a real conservative like Ron Paul, Barry Goldwater, or Ronald Reagan rather than a Faux News zombie like yourself.

Kool-Aid ??  That's a descriptive term of the radical left, like yourself.

All you right-wing idiots seem to forget the historical background of the Kool-aid jibe. Jim Jones, Jonestown, religious fundamentalist loonies -- ringing any bells yet?

I've seen it used on FreeRepublic and on Daily Kos. As a witty riposte, it's just . . . lame. It's used only by those who have no cogent argument to make and who rely on name-calling instead.

Leigh

Guest Autonomous
All you right-wing idiots seem to forget the historical background of the Kool-aid jibe.  Jim Jones, Jonestown, religious fundamentalist loonies -- ringing any bells yet?

I've seen it used on FreeRepublic and on Daily Kos.  As a witty riposte, it's just . . . lame.  It's used only by those who have no cogent argument to make and who rely on name-calling instead.

Leigh

It is fun to use it back at them though. Ironically, at Jonestown they used grape Flavor-Aid, yet Kool-aid is used for the insult. :huh:

All you right-wing idiots seem to forget the historical background of the Kool-aid jibe.  Jim Jones, Jonestown, religious fundamentalist loonies -- ringing any bells yet?

Why does the religious fundamentalist nature of the Kool-aid drinkers matter? Isn't it plain that the jibe intentionally compares the blind belief of X to that of the Jonestown group, regardless of the ideology of the former?

I've seen it used on FreeRepublic and on Daily Kos.  As a witty riposte, it's just . . . lame.

Well, yeah, but only because it's been overused to the point of being trite.

It's used only by those who have no cogent argument to make and who rely on name-calling instead.

You should consider keeping the "Kool-aid" jibe in your arsenal, then. When have you ever posted a cogent argument here at KOTW ("right-wing idiots")?

Edited by Bryan

Guest KearnyKard
Actually it refers to the Jonestown mass suicide. It compares the person in question to a brainwashed cultist.

I don't suppose you'd like to give a single example of me supporting the left's positions? Just one? If you had read any of my posts you would realize that I'm a real conservative like Ron Paul, Barry Goldwater, or Ronald Reagan rather than a Faux News zombie like yourself.

DUH !! Do you really think anyone doesn't know the origins of Kool-Aid ?? The term is now used to describe the radical left (or as you put it, the brainwashed cultists).