We're in the news again

ElectLisaPezzolaForMayor

Friday, June 15, 2007

Kearny High teacher suspended after sex allegations

A Kearny High School teacher has been suspended and cops notified following allegations she had "inappropriate sexual activity'' with a boy who attends the school, officials told The Jersey Journal today.

English teacher Celeste Adamski was suspended with pay Wednesday after school officials received an allegation that was later confirmed by the student involved, Superintendent of Schools Bob Mooney said.

“If found to be true, it as a legal matter and a termination matter,” Mooney said. “It is always inappropriate for a teacher to have a (sexual) relationship with a student. A teacher is in an advisory position and there should be no such involvement.”

Mooney said one student approached Kearny High Principal Al Somma on Wednesday morning telling him of the alleged inappropriate sexual activity. School officials then called in the student alleged to have engaged in the activity with Adamski and he confirmed the allegation, Mooney said.

Adamski -- whose husband, John, is also a teacher at the school -- was then called before school officials with a representative of the teachers union, and suspended pending the outcome of the investigation, Mooney said.

“We notified the police department immediately and told them what we were investigation and got advice from the police and have been in contact with them since then,” Mooney said.

Kearny police told the Journal that the investigation was still very preliminary stage and there was nothing to report.

Mooney said the school officials spoke to four boys about the allegations and described them as being 17 and 18 years old and a mix of students Adamski had and hadn’t taught in her classes. He would give no additional details regarding the student among the four who was at the center of the allegations.

According to the school Web site, Adamski teaches Early British Literature and Early English Literature. She’s worked for the school district for just over three years and makes about $36,000.

Kearny High School made national headlines this year after a student secretly taped a history teacher proselytizing in the classroom and saying, among other things, that anyone who didn't believe in Jesus was destined for damnation. The school has told the teacher such statements are inappropriate and made a policy forbidding students from making sureptitious recordings.

Adamski's husband continues to do his job, officials said.

Nearly 1,800 students attend Kearny High, where summer break begins next week, Mooney said.

Look for more information in tomorrow's Jersey Journal.

Michaelangelo Conte

Friday, June 15, 2007

Kearny High teacher suspended after sex allegations

A Kearny High School teacher has been suspended and cops notified following allegations she had "inappropriate sexual activity'' with a boy who attends the school, officials told The Jersey Journal today.

English teacher Celeste Adamski was suspended with pay Wednesday after school officials received an allegation that was later confirmed by the student involved, Superintendent of Schools Bob Mooney said.

“If found to be true, it as a legal matter and a termination matter,” Mooney said. “It is always inappropriate for a teacher to have a (sexual) relationship with a student. A teacher is in an advisory position and there should be no such involvement.”

Mooney said one student approached Kearny High Principal Al Somma on Wednesday morning telling him of the alleged inappropriate sexual activity. School officials then called in the student alleged to have engaged in the activity with Adamski and he confirmed the allegation, Mooney said.

Adamski -- whose husband, John, is also a teacher at the school -- was then called before school officials with a representative of the teachers union, and suspended pending the outcome of the investigation, Mooney said.

“We notified the police department immediately and told them what we were investigation and got advice from the police and have been in contact with them since then,” Mooney said.

Kearny police told the Journal that the investigation was still very preliminary stage and there was nothing to report.

Mooney said the school officials spoke to four boys about the allegations and described them as being 17 and 18 years old and a mix of students Adamski had and hadn’t taught in her classes. He would give no additional details regarding the student among the four who was at the center of the allegations.

According to the school Web site, Adamski teaches Early British Literature and Early English Literature. She’s worked for the school district for just over three years and makes about $36,000.

Kearny High School made national headlines this year after a student secretly taped a history teacher proselytizing in the classroom and saying, among other things, that anyone who didn't believe in Jesus was destined for damnation. The school has told the teacher such statements are inappropriate and made a policy forbidding students from making sureptitious recordings.

Adamski's husband continues to do his job, officials said.

Nearly 1,800 students attend Kearny High, where summer break begins next week, Mooney said.

Look for more information in tomorrow's Jersey Journal.

Michaelangelo Conte

Has this town turned into Bizarro Kearny over the past year or something? :blink:

Guest Twilight Zone

This week its about a teacher and sex allegations and perhaps in the coming weeks its going be about how people knew about an illegal tracking device on a residents car placed there by an obsessed corrupt business owner or some other wild event that stirs the rumor pot.

Guest Guest
This week its about a teacher and sex allegations and perhaps in the coming weeks its going be about how people knew about an illegal tracking device on a residents car placed there by an obsessed corrupt business owner or some other wild event that stirs the rumor pot.

Sounds like SOMEONE got caught cheating on his Wife after the Mussus hired a PI..go figure.

Guest 2smart4u

I heard that next week it's going to be Paul and Strife ****** *** ** *** ******.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
They act when it is necessary to act! Not when a cry baby is always running to the principal's office everytime someone stares at him.  :lol:

No doubt that's how they looked at it, which is why they ended up getting clobbered by the media all over the world.

I'd like to see you putting up with the abuse he took. Then we'll talk about who is the crybaby.

Guest Guest
No doubt that's how they looked at it, which is why they ended up getting clobbered by the media all over the world.

I'd like to see you putting up with the abuse he took. Then we'll talk about who is the crybaby.

What kind of people do we have teaching our kids?? :angry: What about her 2 year old son and her husband? I feel bad for the family.

Guest Guest

Asked him who abused him, Mr. LaClair, the we will talk..we want names....

Guest silas dogood

I think this situation is a little bit different.

The kid only got abused because he started the whole thing. Just because he's afraid of GOD doesnt mean we should feel sorry for him. Actually, maybe we should. You reap what you sow, and he did.

As for this situation, the teacher obviously has bigger issues and is in need of some medical help...

The kid only got abused because he started the whole thing.

Throw the guy in jail who called the police to tell them the house next door was being robbed--he "started the whole thing!" :lol:

Just because he's afraid of GOD

It's more likely you're afraid of REALITY.

Guest Guest

The kid only got abused because he started the whole thing. Just because he's afraid of GOD doesnt mean we should feel sorry for him. Actually, maybe we should. You reap what you sow, and he did.

As for this situation, the teacher obviously has bigger issues and is in need of some medical help...

The BOE says the boys a hero, end of story!

Guest Guest

Do you people RTEALLY think this is the only one? Hells bells folks, she's just the only teacher (Except for one recenttly move one one that is) who got CAUGHT!!! ANYONE who's gone to KHS in the last 25 years, and who has a shred of honesty can name 2-3 teachers, of BOTH genders who diddled a student or two.

Guest the woodsman

you guys are really wacko. that kid had every right to say that he wanted the law enforced. ya know, the one that says "separation of chuch and state". but you guys are awfully great christians, thinking he deserved to get beat up or harrassed because he doesnt want to hear a sermon in history class about who gets to go to heaven and who gets to go to hell.

its funny how jesus always hates all the same people you do....

as for celeste, we'll see what happens...but yes, she does need help and i feel so bad for john and the rest of her family and everyone else she hurt because she couldnt control herself.

Guest Guest_anonymous_*

Seperation of church & state my ass. every since about th 6th grade, my history books have had some type of religion in it. I'm a Sophmore going into my Junior year & i've read a lot about god, jesus & religion in my history books. he had no right to do what he did. he's not a bad kid, but what he did was wrong

As for Mrs.Adamski, tisk tisk. I liked her & was looking forward to being in her class next year if she was on my schedule. she seemed like such a nice teacher. i just can't beleive the pain Mr.Adamski & their family has to go through. I loved Mr.Adamski. He is such a nice teacher & he's funny. I feel bad, but i wish them the best of luck with this situation. and yeah Mrs.Adamski isn't the only one who's done this. I know a couple of other teacers but i just "heard" im not a good source. Mr.Somma chose a bad year to be Principle.

Seperation of church & state my ass. every since about th 6th grade, my history books have had some type of religion in it.

This thread is about the OTHER thing that's put Kearny in the news lately. Let's try and stop derailing it, yes? You can post this in one of the myriad threads about the Paszkiewicz issue.

everyone is saying how terrible celeste is. not true. i was a student of hers, and to say the least, she was an AMAZING teacher. she was also a very nice person who did everything she could to help any of her students.

as far as these "sexual" allegations, how does ANYONE know whether they are true or not? stop jumping to conclusions. high school students are extremely vindictive. point is that any false accusation could ruin a teacher's life and career.

and yes, i completely agree. ITS HAPPENED BEFORE. especially in kearny high. if you were a student, you would know exactly who im talking about. give her a break. it could be a load of sh*t. give her the benefit of the doubt over a 17 or 18 year old boy.

everyone is saying how terrible celeste is. not true. i was a student of hers, and to say the least, she was an AMAZING teacher. she was also a very nice person who did everything she could to help any of her students.

As we have already seen in the past, this is wholly irrelevant to the accusations, since the accusations have nothing to do with what kind of teacher she is.

Guest Guest
Seperation of church & state my ass. every since about th 6th grade, my history books have had some type of religion in it. I'm a Sophmore going into my Junior year & i've read a lot about god, jesus & religion in my history books. he had no right to do what he did. he's not a bad kid, but what he did was wrong

As for Mrs.Adamski, tisk tisk. I liked her & was looking forward to being in her class next year if she was on my schedule. she seemed like such a nice teacher. i just can't beleive the pain Mr.Adamski & their family has to go through. I loved Mr.Adamski. He is such a nice teacher & he's funny. I feel bad, but i wish them the best of luck with this situation. and yeah Mrs.Adamski isn't the only one who's done this. I know a couple of other teacers but i just "heard" im not a good source. Mr.Somma chose a bad year to be Principle.

Here's a perfect illustration of the reason why someone had to remind Kearny of the law regarding religion in public schools. How did this kid get into high school, let alone through the tenth grade? Is he really so stupid that he doesn't understand the difference between teaching the history of religion and preaching? How can a kid go through the system for that many years and have absolutely no clue about this issue? This is disgraceful.

Guest Guest

Since Paul has the market sewn up on punishment and justice, the question needs to be asked.

What would Paul do?

Maybe we can get some tee shirts and bracelets made up.

WWPD

Guest lover of the town of kearny

I love Kearny, such a vital and diverse community, and I think the public school system rocks. I think we must remember that our Constitution says you're innocent until proven guilty.