Paszkiewicz agrees to Interview

Strife767

Kearny High School history teacher David Paszkiewicz has agreed to give an interview to The Observer. Because of the pending holiday, it will likely take place early next week, and the story that stems from the interview will run in the first edition of June.

This ought to be interesting. :lol:

Guest Guest
Kearny High School history teacher David Paszkiewicz has agreed to give an interview to The Observer. Because of the pending holiday, it will likely take place early next week, and the story that stems from the interview will run in the first edition of June.

Apparently he hasn't had enough media attention yet. If he starts talking, that will soon be remedied.

This could be funner than watching a dog eat peanut butter.

Apparently he hasn't had enough media attention yet. If he starts talking, that will soon be remedied.

This could be funner than watching a dog eat peanut butter.

It's like he barely escaped the frying pan, and immediately thinks, "Maybe I should take a dip in that volcano over there..."

I'm just going by Paszkiewicz's previous display of bad judgment, writing a letter to the Observer that put his incompetence in the subject of US History in full view.

The Observer's interview with David Paszkiewicz has been postponed. We will keep you up to date when a date for the interview is rescheduled.

For some reason, the first thing reading this reminded me of was when Sylvia Browne agreed to take James Randi's $1 million challenge to prove her alleged psychic abilities, and then suddenly changed her mind at the last moment.

But to be fair, it's possible some issue on the 'other end' is the reason it was postponed. Don't know how probable, but possible.

Guest Guest
The Observer's interview with David Paszkiewicz has been postponed. We will keep you up to date when a date for the interview is rescheduled.

For some reason, the first thing reading this reminded me of was when Sylvia Browne agreed to take James Randi's $1 million challenge to prove her alleged psychic abilities, and then suddenly changed her mind at the last moment.

But to be fair, it's possible some issue on the 'other end' is the reason it was postponed. Don't know how probable, but possible.

Yes, that's the first thing I thought of also.

You frickin dunce.

Guest Guest

For your scorecard, the only one that has received money was the LaClairs.

Guest Guest

For your scorecard, the only one that has received money was the LaClairs.

Actually the LaClairs didn't receive any money and neither did their lawyers. The only ones to receive money were the Board's outside attorneys.

Guest Guest

This ought to be interesting. B)

Gee, what happened to the interview? The below says it all

"The one part out of the whole Times article that really bothers me comes right near the end:

"The settlement does not address the status of Mr. Paszkiewicz, 39, who has remained a history teacher at the high school. Mr. Paszkiewicz, who is also a Baptist youth pastor, had his classes switched in the middle of the school year so as not to have Matthew as a student.

"Demetrios K. Stratis, the lawyer for Mr. Paszkiewicz, said that his client was not involved in the settlement and knew nothing about it. "There are people who think my client is the victim," Mr. Stratis said yesterday.

"WHAAAAAT????

"Dude, your asshat client got caught doing something wrong and subsequently got caught lying about it because of a particularly resourceful teenager... and some people think your client is the victim? Give me a F**KING break. He should have, if this was the only incident, been placed on leave for at least a semester at minimum (perhaps at half pay, if my sympathetic side has anything to say about it). However, my less sympathetic side says that he should have been canned outright and had his license revoked. Teachers make mistakes, and that can be forgiven. However, I have approximately zero sympathy for any teacher who lies to the administration at the expense of a student. That sort of person is exactly the sort we don't need in any position of influence. Victim, my ass . . ."

http://pooflingers.blogspot.com/search/label/Politics

"The one part out of the whole Times article that really bothers me comes right near the end:

"The settlement does not address the status of Mr. Paszkiewicz, 39, who has remained a history teacher at the high school. Mr. Paszkiewicz, who is also a Baptist youth pastor, had his classes switched in the middle of the school year so as not to have Matthew as a student.

"Demetrios K. Stratis, the lawyer for Mr. Paszkiewicz, said that his client was not involved in the settlement and knew nothing about it. "There are people who think my client is the victim," Mr. Stratis said yesterday.

"WHAAAAAT????

"Dude, your asshat client got caught doing something wrong and subsequently got caught lying about it because of a particularly resourceful teenager... and some people think your client is the victim? Give me a F**KING break. He should have, if this was the only incident, been placed on leave for at least a semester at minimum (perhaps at half pay, if my sympathetic side has anything to say about it). However, my less sympathetic side says that he should have been canned outright and had his license revoked. Teachers make mistakes, and that can be forgiven. However, I have approximately zero sympathy for any teacher who lies to the administration at the expense of a student. That sort of person is exactly the sort we don't need in any position of influence. Victim, my ass . . ."

Hear, hear. It was truly jaw-dropping to read Stratis implying that Paszkiewicz was a victim in all of this.

Guest Guest

"WHAAAAAT????

Love the word asshat - should be used more in contemporary American society.

That being said - I think an open-minded approach to Mr. P's interview is entirely warranted. We've all heard the recordings. We've all read Mr. P's (woeful) letter to the editor in the Observer. What we do not know (and for which I have a fool's hope that it will be part of the interview) - is what happened when Matthew was not recording. I think the only unopened chapter in all of this was how the teacher and administration interacted with each other behind closed doors (should there be closed doors in a public institution?). Would be interested to know the depth of the rabbit hole on Devon Street.

Guest KearnyChristian

"WHAAAAAT????

"Dude", The teacher is a hero for standing up to the moronic separation of church and state "rules". These are the same "rules" that the ACLU tries to use to force the removal of crosses from war memorials of our christian veterans. While the radical left meekly follow the "rules", the heros of our society stand up to be heard.

"WHAAAAAT????

"Dude", The teacher is a hero for standing up to the moronic separation of church and state "rules". These are the same "rules" that the ACLU tries to use to force the removal of crosses from war memorials of our christian veterans. While the radical left meekly follow the "rules", the heros of our society stand up to be heard.

..and it's precisely because of people like you that I'm awefully glad we have a Constitution, and a Supreme Court, and the historicial documents that support the precedents and tests that accompany the Establishment Clause. You are no less frightening than fundamentalists of any religious persuasion, and no less a danger to the fabric of our democracy. When you call Paskiewicz a hero and the separation of church and state "moronic," you illustrate perfectly why it was so risky a thing and so important a thing that Matt LaClair chose the path he did. Constant vigilance against your ilk is the only choice.

Guest Guest

"WHAAAAAT????

"Moronic separation of church and state" What other ammendments to the constitution do you flippantly refer to as "moronic"?

If you had any capacity for logic and rational thought, you would understand that this ammendment is actually protecting your faith by making sure that "no religion" shall be endorsed by the state. I have yet to see a single so called christian on the board actually answer the question as to "what if M.r P. and been preaching islam or any religion other than christianity. If it has been answered, I haven't seen it.

I can only assume that you are a Christian and therefore is easy to understand why you might make such a statement. In this country Christians are in the majority so naturally they should receive special consideration under the constitution when it comes to that pesky "moronic separation of church and state" ammendment.

Government recognized religeons are already subsidised by waving taxation but that's not enough for you, is it? No, because "your" religion is the "right" religion and therefore you can do what ever you want.

If there was no such thing as "moronic separation of church and state" who knows were we would be now. Would we be an idealistic Christain nation or possibly a radical Muslim nation? I guess that would depend on who was in charge of the govt' wouldn't it?

Sadly, even with"moronic separation of church and state " we seem to have become a "Radical Christain Nation" . While maybe less perverted in your tactics, you are no different that any other radical religeous zealots.

If as a Christian you feel that these days you are being picked on then how can you be surprised when you make comments like "moronic separation of church and state".

You can no more prove a single passage of the bible than you can prove a chapter from a Harry Potter novel yet you would still demand that our govt. grant your religion, or any religion some sort of special privilage so that you may further indoctinate a youthful audience who has no choice. Should we give a pass to pedophilic priests just because they are Christians?

Once again, your tactics may not be as radical as some but it would seem as if you share the same goals.

You should be ashamed of yourself and if not, I'm ashamed for you.

Guest Guest

"WHAAAAAT????

Yeah, once they learn how to spell. Then they can start being heard while people like Matthew LaClair meekly follow the rules.

Moron.

the ACLU tries to use to force the removal of crosses from war memorials of our christian  veterans

Liar.

"The ACLU vigorously defends people’s freedom to choose their religion under the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Furthermore, the ACLU would defend the first amendment rights of all veteran Americans and service members to display the religious symbol of their choosing on their grave. Therefore, the vehement attacks on the ACLU claiming that gravestones and markers at federal cemeteries, including Arlington Cemetery, are in danger is patently false and misleading, serving as nothing more than a red herring to the constitutional issues at stake." --www.aclu.org/images/asset_upload_file399_26244.pdf