west hudson hospital

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I can't understand if west hudson hospital is owned by St.Barnabas,then why can't they reopen it. My mother was in clara maass last week for 3 days which 2 were spend in the emergency hallway. West Hudson is still doing out patient and surgeries. Why can't they reopen emergency room and one floor of the hospital. If clara maass if over flowing with patients at least we can have them go there. It really doesn't make any sense that there other hospital is so overcrowed when they have the other one empty. Please think this over. There are no major renovations that have to be made. Repaint and reopen and that would be all.

Guest Guest
I can't understand if west hudson hospital is owned by St.Barnabas,then why can't they reopen it. My mother was in clara maass last week for 3 days which 2 were spend in the emergency hallway. West Hudson is still doing out patient and surgeries. Why can't they reopen emergency room and one floor of the hospital. If clara maass if over flowing with patients at least we can have them go there. It really doesn't make any sense that there other hospital is so overcrowed when they have the other one empty. Please think this over. There are no major  renovations that have to be made. Repaint  and reopen and that would be all.

max profit for minimal expenditure, it has nothing to do with serving the surrounding community

Guest guest
I can't understand if west hudson hospital is owned by St.Barnabas,then why can't they reopen it. My mother was in clara maass last week for 3 days which 2 were spend in the emergency hallway. West Hudson is still doing out patient and surgeries. Why can't they reopen emergency room and one floor of the hospital. If clara maass if over flowing with patients at least we can have them go there. It really doesn't make any sense that there other hospital is so overcrowed when they have the other one empty. Please think this over. There are no major  renovations that have to be made. Repaint  and reopen and that would be all.

Could it be because of the way some citisens used to talk about the hospital?

of course people didn't know how good the hospital was until it was gone, I wish the hospital was still open, it was my hospital all my life and I hope I can be there in the future when I no longer can do by myself.

Guest Guest

They can't talk about west hudson anymore so now its clara maas. And if they didn't close our hospital clara maass wouldn't be as bad and overcrowed like it is. I won"t go there for anything. As far as surgery goes I had it done twice at W.H.The place is spotless and the people that work their are so nice.So when you need same day surg,think about W.H.

Guest Steve A

The bulding is no longer owned by Saint Barnabas, they are leasing they space they utilize. The hospital was never appreciated by the surrounding communities and with the population change over the past ten years, and with most of that population choosing Newark area hospitals such as St James it was a nail in the coffin of West Hudson. In part it's own residents closed it and it's a shame because it was a great hospital.

Guest Guest

West Hudson was a great community resourse. The Doctors, Nurses and staff were great with the patients and the care was top notch. A few years back Doctors Siwek and Madan actually saved my life, after I was misdiagnosed at a major medical center.

As a community we are worse off losing such fantastic Doctors as Madan and Siwek both of whom are now retired.

Guest Guest

of course people didn't know how good the hospital was until it was gone, I wish the hospital was still open, it was my hospital all my life and I hope I can be there in the future when I no longer can do by myself.

"...how good the hospital was until it was gone" ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? You have got to be out of your mind with that comment. They were the worst thing that has ever happened to our area. My Mother, may God rest her soul, went to that dive the day before she died, 4 months pregnant may I add, complaining of pains in her chest. The clowns there gave her oxygen and told my father, "Theres nothing wronge with her. Its all in her head." Needless to say, we lost her and our would-be sibling less than 24 hours later. All that hospital was ever good for was easy scripts, dr.'s notes for work and really expensive tylenol and band-aids. So, forgive me if I dont share your sentiment! All I can say is, IT WAS ABOUT TIME!

Guest Guest

I'm very sorry for your lost, but its not the hospital to blame its the Dr. your mother had. He or she should of been called in to the hospital to check their patient.

Guest Guest
I'm very sorry for your lost, but its not the hospital to blame its the Dr. your mother had. He or she should of been called in to the hospital to check their patient.

a$$ wipe why didn't the hospital call the doctor wasen't that their responsilility to the patient to contact their doctor ?

Guest Guest

The argument shouldn't be about how good of a hospital West Hudson was it should be the fact that it WAS a hospital. Not having some kind of emergency room on this side of the river puts West Hudson at enormous risks. Remember before it shut the article in the paper that timed how long it would take to get to University, Clara Maass and a few others? The towns should have done anything possible to keep open, even just the emergency room. If you ask a doc, SECONDS are critical when it comes to serious problems ie heart attacks, accident victims. We are left out on a cliff with at least one crowded bridge to cross in order to save ourselves.

Guest Guest
why would they lease w.h. but own the rest of the hospital.

They are only running services out of the building, such as the Same Day Surgery. The bottom line is that the building was worth a lot of money, some say they took the money and ran. With the pending closure of Union Hospital and no doubt Kimball Medical Center how long before they state looks into Saint Barnabas business practices...more than just the Medicare scam.

Guest Guest

The problem, is that in order to repoen even just an Emergency Department, it would cost them MILLIONS of dollars to bring the building up to current Dept of Health Specs. before they closed, they were covered unde Grandfather clauses, they could upgrade as they went. Once they Closed the doors though, then they no longer had the protections of being a "Operating Facility", and all of the grandfather clauses in the standards were now void. It would be cheaper to buold a wole new hospital, than to bring the existing building to where it would need to be to get a license form the State. This is the reason that JC Medical Center had to be moved, the original buildings were so old, that they literally COULDNT cram any more capability in there, and couldnt maintain the minimum state standards, especially since they had to keep their "Trauma Center" status..

Guest Guest
The problem, is that in order to repoen even just an Emergency Department, it would cost them MILLIONS of dollars to bring the building up to current Dept of Health Specs. before they closed, they were covered unde Grandfather clauses, they could upgrade as they went.  Once they Closed the doors though, then they no longer had the protections of being a "Operating Facility", and all of the grandfather clauses in the standards were now void.  It would be cheaper to buold a wole new hospital, than to bring the existing building to where it would need to be to get a license form the State.  This is the reason that JC Medical Center had to be moved, the original buildings were so old, that they literally COULDNT cram any more capability in there, and couldnt maintain the minimum state standards, especially since they had to keep their "Trauma Center" status..

This is CRAP. The WH emergency room was just renovated before they closed.The ER there was as good as any other except for UMDNJ.

Guest Guest
This is CRAP. The WH emergency room was just renovated before they closed.The ER there was as good as any other except for UMDNJ.

I wouldnt go quite THAT far, but it was certainly as good, or better than any other Community Hospital. It wasnt "Just Renovated" it had been almost 10 years since it was re-done, and they did a GOOD job with it. But, there had been new standards set by the state that even the renovated ER was grandfathered under. As far as "Crap" you might not like it, but it's the way it is. Once you close a facility, getting it re-opened again is virtually impossible.

Guest Guest

What kind of education do you have? Learn on how to spell. citisens that is not the CORRECT spelling. It is Citizens. You must not be a person with correct grammer, or spelling.