Little League

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*

Little League Opening Day is this Saturday, April 21st

Parade down Harrison Ave from 4th St. (Frank E. Rodgers Blvd) at 9am.

1st of 3 games starts at 10am.

Looks like it should be a beautiful day to play ball for a change so come out and have a great time. See you there !!!

Guest Guest
Little League Opening Day is this Saturday, April 21st

Parade down Harrison Ave from 4th St. (Frank E. Rodgers Blvd) at 9am.

1st of 3 games starts at 10am.

Looks like it should be a beautiful day to play ball for a change so come out and have a great time.  See you there !!!

"QUE" Can you please post this message in spanish so that everyone can understand!!!!!!!!

Guest GUEST
"QUE" Can you please post this message in spanish so that everyone can understand!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT IN MANDARIN (CHINESE)? THERE ARE OTHER NATIONALTIES HERE TOO... OR ELSE PUT IN IT A LANGUAGE THAT WE, OR AT LEAST ALL OF OUR KIDS CAN UNDERSTAND.

Guest Guest
WHAT ABOUT IN MANDARIN (CHINESE)?  THERE ARE OTHER NATIONALTIES HERE TOO...  OR ELSE PUT IN IT A LANGUAGE THAT WE, OR AT LEAST ALL OF OUR KIDS CAN UNDERSTAND.

NO, I THINK IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KNOW SOMETHING FROM THIS BOARD THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ IT IN ENGLISH..........YOU COME TO AMERICA, LEARN OUR LANGUAGE.......................

Guest Guest

I quess these people are forgetting they came to the USA to find a new life but wants everything here to be like home , you can't have it both ways adopt the way of life and language of your new country or go back to the old country and live your life like before.............the american public have become wimps and afraid to speak up , we are losing control of this country to foreniers and are walking to the ovens volentarily, didn't that happen before in history in europe before ?????????? also caused the fall of the roman empire due to the inflow of foreign tongues and cultures.......................

Hey relax.................... the post was just about Little League Baseball. I am going to assume the post about "posting" in Spanish was sarcastic in nature and everyone replying got it wrong. KOTW is an English language web site and I have never seen a post in anything but English. Fear (yes fear) of this magnitude over the language issue is irrational at best ..... it is something entirely else at it's worst - and it is not nationalism.

Guest Guest

IF THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WE SAY THEN HOW ARE THEY PASSING IN SCHOOL WITH ONLY SPEAKING SPANISH. tHAT'S A DISGRACE THAT THE ONES THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH THE TEACHERS CATER TO AND THEY DON'T TEACH THEM ENGLISH.

Guest Guest
Hey relax....................  the post was just about Little League Baseball. I am going to assume the post about "posting" in Spanish was sarcastic in nature and everyone replying got it wrong. KOTW is an English language web site and I have never seen a post in anything but English.  Fear (yes fear) of this magnitude over the language issue is irrational at best ..... it is something entirely else at it's worst - and it is not nationalism.

First thing I thought when I read it sarcasm as many just like to be an annoyance here.

How is the state of our little league today. How many teams? Enough players? Competition any good. Would love to watch it or possibly volunteer but like many, work gets in the way. Thanks to all who do volunteer time.

Guest Guest
IF THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT WE SAY THEN HOW ARE THEY PASSING IN SCHOOL WITH ONLY SPEAKING SPANISH. tHAT'S A DISGRACE THAT THE ONES THAT DON'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH THE TEACHERS CATER TO AND THEY DON'T TEACH THEM ENGLISH.

Must be doing something right if passing and many going on to post secondary schools. Also, look at English as second language classes, many attend.

Many know both languages but prefer to speak non-English. I think great to speak as many languages as possible, and would prefer English spoken here, but not the way it is. It is becoming more of a National issue and who knows what will become of it.

I think it also makes everything a little more expensive. Many costs involved.

Guest Guest

Kids should be taught spanish in the lower grades so they would have an easier time learning it. Most people in the world speak two languages. There is nothing wrong with learning the spanish language.

Guest guest
I quess these people are forgetting they came to the USA to find a new life but wants everything here to be like home , you can't have it both ways adopt the way of life and language of your new country or go back to the old country and live your life like before.............the american public have become wimps and afraid to speak up , we are losing control of this country to foreniers and are walking to the ovens volentarily, didn't that happen before in history in europe before ?????????? also caused the fall of the roman empire due to the inflow of foreign tongues and cultures.......................

The foreigners who came in the past, were 'proud' to be in America, looked to leave the 'old' ways behind and tried to be as American as they could. If they had a hard time learning English, they felt 'ashamed' and took their kids with them to translate. and didn't 'demand' to have the govn. cater to them by putting any signs or notices in their old country language. They 'rarely' ever accepted charity' or' any type of' church or govn. welfare, because it would 'offend' their pride. and when they did out of necessity, they were very ashamed. They never missed a Memorial Day' Veterans Day or 4th of July parade because they thought of themselves as 'loyal' Americans only.

There are old pictures of the new immigrants on the ships, arriving in the US, smiling & excitedly waving little US flags. During WWI &WWII; etc. there were many US flags waving outside of the homes in the immigrant areas of towns across the US. Do we see that today?

If todays immigrants were like those of old; native Americans, who are decendants of those past ones, would be a 'lot more' welcoming of the ones coming today.

Guest Guest
The foreigners who came in the past, were 'proud' to be in America, looked to leave the 'old' ways behind and tried to be as American as they could.  If they had a hard time learning English, they felt 'ashamed' and took their kids with them to translate. and didn't 'demand' to have the govn. cater to them by putting any signs or notices in their old country language.  They 'rarely' ever accepted charity' or' any type of' church or govn. welfare, because it would 'offend' their pride. and when they did out of necessity, they were very ashamed.  They never missed a Memorial Day' Veterans Day  or 4th of July parade because they thought of themselves as 'loyal' Americans only.

There are old pictures of the new immigrants on the ships, arriving in the US, smiling & excitedly waving little US flags.  During WWI &WWII; etc. there were many US flags waving outside of the homes in the immigrant areas of towns across the US.  Do we see that today?   

If todays immigrants were like  those of old;  native Americans, who are decendants of those past ones, would be a 'lot more' welcoming of the ones coming today.

In reply to your statement I have to agree. As for Native Americans, that would be the American Indian. But today the people coming to the country do not care about learning the American way. Not only learning the American way but also the language.

Guest Guest
WHAT ABOUT IN MANDARIN (CHINESE)?  THERE ARE OTHER NATIONALTIES HERE TOO...  OR ELSE PUT IN IT A LANGUAGE THAT WE, OR AT LEAST ALL OF OUR KIDS CAN UNDERSTAND.

Why not read, write, and speak ENGLISH!!!!!!LEARN IT OR GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY. If you think there should spainish, than what about every language that is out there. AS I REPEAT LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

It's also a disgrace that instead of having the american flag waving,they are waving their own country. Well then if you love your country go back with your flag and wave it there. Your in America so its american flag or nothing.

Guest Guest
The foreigners who came in the past, were 'proud' to be in America, looked to leave the 'old' ways behind and tried to be as American as they could.  If they had a hard time learning English, they felt 'ashamed' and took their kids with them to translate. and didn't 'demand' to have the govn. cater to them by putting any signs or notices in their old country language.  They 'rarely' ever accepted charity' or' any type of' church or govn. welfare, because it would 'offend' their pride. and when they did out of necessity, they were very ashamed.  They never missed a Memorial Day' Veterans Day  or 4th of July parade because they thought of themselves as 'loyal' Americans only.

There are old pictures of the new immigrants on the ships, arriving in the US, smiling & excitedly waving little US flags.  During WWI &WWII; etc. there were many US flags waving outside of the homes in the immigrant areas of towns across the US.  Do we see that today?   

If todays immigrants were like  those of old;  native Americans, who are decendants of those past ones, would be a 'lot more' welcoming of the ones coming today.

could not have said it better myself. These new immagrants do not need to learn English because we put every thing in their language. My parents had to learn English and learn it fast or you did not survive. This goverment caters to the new immagrants and turn their backs on the people born here. Glad im old enough that I will not be here when these people start taking over the goverment. God help my grandchildren.

Guest Guest
In reply to your statement I have to agree.  As for Native Americans, that would be the American Indian.  But today the people coming to the country do not care about learning the American way.  Not only learning the American way but also the language.

Enough with the Indian being the only native American. My parents were born here and so was I, what does that make me? You are making me sound like a foreigner in my own country. Why should we be on a guilt trip like we don't belong here?

Guest Guest

Sentiments of many, unfortunately not the way it is today. Many put their heritage first and foremost. Great to be proud of your ancestry but US should come first. A few laws can change things, but the ACLU woud be screaming.

Guest Guest
It's also a disgrace that instead of having the american flag waving,they are waving their own country. Well then if you love your country go back with your flag and wave it there. Your in America so its american flag or nothing.

The flag thing kills me more than anything. An ultimate slap in the face. Take a good look around Harrison and Kearny. I don't think you need to fly large foreign flags on a flagpole to tell everyone your heritage.

And the non US flags I saw hanging on Public Service trucks gets me even more. I have called and written to PS several times and no one has followed thru. Still trying to remove all non US flags from PS trucks.

See there are some tips but no rules on how to display a flag alongside the American flag. If we pass laws it is basic violation of freedom of speech. What to do. Civil war????

Guest GUEST
Kids should be taught spanish in the lower grades so they would have an easier time learning it. Most people in the world speak two languages. There is nothing wrong with learning the spanish language.

TRUE, MANY PEOPLE SPEAK 2 LANGUAGES, BUT DON'T THEY USUALLY GET A CHOICE IN SCHOOL OR 2-3 LANGUAGES? SO WHAT ABOUT CHINESE, OR ARABIC OR JAPANESE OR RUSSIAN? THERE ARE OTHER LANGUAGES BESIDES SPANISH, THAT WILL BE HELPFUL IN BUSINESS WHEN THEY GROW UP.

Guest GUEST
Why not read, write, and speak ENGLISH!!!!!!LEARN IT OR GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY.  If you think there should spainish, than what about every language that is out there.  AS I REPEAT LEARN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE-READ MY LAST SENTENCE, SAYING THAT IT SHOULD BE PUT IN A LANGUAGE THAT 'WE 'ALL' CAN UNCDERSTAND.' PERHAPS YOUR NATIVE BORN ENGLISH SKILLS WERE NOT TOO GOOD IN SCHOOL; SINCE IN THE USA, THAT WOULD HAVE REFERRED TO 'ENGLISH'.

Guest Guest

I would call a higher up on the public service truck. If you want your flag waving put ours up with it. Then we would'nt be pissed off. You's are the one's that cause all the bullshit. We are right and that's that.

Guest Guest

Why spanish? Second language should be choice. If have anything to do with traveling for business you will find the most used language is actually French.