Checks and Balances in Kearny Government

wu-su

Loved the photo in The Observer with Santos, Booker, and Fitzgibbons. Looks like Santos is asking Booker for trade secrets about keeping his dome sparkling clean. As Fitzgibbons looks on, I can’t only be reminded of the talk I’ve heard that Santos didn’t particularly, or doesn't particularly, care for Fitzgibbons; guess that “strange bedfellows” thing applies here, we know it especially applies in politics, and if it's politics, it doesn't miss any politician making a play in Hudson County.

But thinking of Kearny’s Mr. Clean, our very own Mayor Santos, and his merry band of Molly Maids, his very own Council, pardon me, there is one Marvin Maid in the mix, where are the checks and balances in this government? As Mr. Clean and his merry band clean, or clean-up in their own special ways, why isn’t there any opposition or challenge to this Mayor and Council’s authority and law-making?

From the meeting tapes I’ve seen on TV, Santos doesn’t appear to like to be challenged, and when confronted, he does get rather prissy, and becomes obsessed with a driving desire to have to win his point, at the expense of, without regard to, and with a lack for respect for, anyone’s position or opinion. At Council meetings it does seem to be that it’s his way or the highway. Of course his merry bands of maids, nod, smile and agree with his every thought. If there is a display of resistance, it looks as if it were staged, rehearsed, and presented for the benefit of the public.

Strangely enough, Santos’ whole act is rather reminiscent of President Bush and his band of merry men, women, evangelists, and whoever can be pulled together to steamroll the populace. Why does Santos profess to be a Democratic when so many of his actions are reminiscent of a true and faithful Republican – if he can’t deal in blue, let him change colors, come out of the closet, and admit to the wearing of the red? He does not seem to have any regard or respect for the employees of his own town, he appears to think they are replaceable if they don’t respond to his every whim made through his town administrator's demands, it reminds me of a Republican named Regan. Maybe his admission of republican tendencies would lead to the resurrection of the Republican Party in Kearny, and he can assume his rightful role as its true leader.

The Council backs up everything he wants, his town administrator does his dirty work and enacts every sordid thing he wants done so he looks like Mr. Clean. Santos keeps his hands clean, the administrator builds on his $120,000 salary because he is so accommodating, and the Council gets the benefit of the Santos political machine when election time comes around.

It’s a win-win for the Town Administration, it’s the shaft for Town employees, and an increased burden for Kearny’s taxpayers. Hey, your taxes are increased, but you’ve made some best to live in list, isn’t that just compensation from Mr. Clean, his P.R. Staff, his town administrator, and the merry band of Molly Maids, pardon me, including the Marvin Maid?

Guest Town Watch
Loved the photo in The Observer with Santos, Booker, and Fitzgibbons.  Looks like Santos is asking Booker for trade secrets about keeping his dome sparkling clean.  As Fitzgibbons looks on, I can’t only be reminded of the talk I’ve heard that Santos didn’t particularly, or doesn't particularly, care for Fitzgibbons; guess that “strange bedfellows” thing applies here, we know it especially applies in politics, and if it's politics, it doesn't miss any politician making a play in Hudson County.

But thinking of Kearny’s Mr. Clean, our very own Mayor Santos, and his merry band of Molly Maids, his very own Council, pardon me, there is one Marvin Maid in the mix, where are the checks and balances in this government?  As Mr. Clean and his merry band clean, or clean-up in their own special ways, why isn’t there any opposition or challenge to this Mayor and Council’s authority and law-making?

From the meeting tapes I’ve seen on TV, Santos doesn’t appear to like to be challenged, and when confronted, he does get rather prissy, and becomes obsessed with a driving desire to have to win his point, at the expense of, without regard to, and with a lack for respect for, anyone’s position or opinion.  At Council meetings it does seem to be that it’s his way or the highway.  Of course his merry bands of maids, nod, smile and agree with his every thought.  If there is a display of resistance, it looks as if it were staged, rehearsed, and presented for the benefit of the public.

Strangely enough, Santos’ whole act is rather reminiscent of President Bush and his band of merry men, women, evangelists, and whoever can be pulled together to steamroll the populace.  Why does Santos profess to be a Democratic when so many of his actions are reminiscent of a true and faithful Republican – if he can’t deal in blue, let him change colors, come out of the closet, and admit to the wearing of the red? He does not seem to have any regard or respect for the employees of his own town, he appears to think they are replaceable if they don’t respond to his every whim made through his town administrator's demands, it reminds me of a Republican named Regan.  Maybe his admission of republican tendencies would lead to the resurrection of the Republican Party in Kearny, and he can assume his rightful role as its true leader.

The Council backs up everything he wants, his town administrator does his dirty work and enacts every sordid thing he wants done so he looks like Mr. Clean.  Santos keeps his hands clean, the administrator builds on his $120,000 salary because he is so accommodating, and the Council gets the benefit of the Santos political machine when election time comes around.

It’s a win-win for the Town Administration, it’s the shaft for Town employees, and an increased burden for Kearny’s taxpayers.  Hey, your taxes are increased, but you’ve made some best to live in list, isn’t that just compensation from Mr. Clean, his P.R. Staff, his town administrator, and the merry band of Molly Maids, pardon me, including the Marvin Maid?

Very well said!!!! Couldn't have said it any better!!!!!

Guest Some people call me Maurice

Why not get a ticket toether and run baby run!

You complain that Santos and his Merry Maidens, and by the way there are two Marvins, not one, have no competition-so why don't you change that?

No you'll just yap on this site and do nothing of any consequence

Typical

At the alleged prodding of the Sheriff of Kearnyham, aka Mr. Clean, (the Mayor, let us now bow), his very own Sir Guy of Gisborne (the Business Administrator, let us kiss the ring) has decided to take no prisoners. Of course, tagging along and sucking on the underbelly is the merry band of Molly Maids (the Town Council, let us witness true parasites in action).

It is my understanding that Kearny’s Clean Machine no longer has much faith or confidence in their employees, let alone in its leadership and heads of departments; primarily because they want them dumped for cheaper, part-time labor, devoid of benefits.

And, there is certainly no longer any respect or regard for the intent or purpose of the town’s various unions, the Sheriff and Gisborne appear to despise them, except of course, when Sir Guy, in tandem with the Sheriff lose law suits in Court or in arbitration (after spending a considerable sum of taxpayers’ money on high-priced attorneys, who may actually it is said, be friends of one or both of them, to defend their interests, of course).

Is the reason the Sheriff is pushing Sir Guy, who truly relishes the role of the henchman for the Sheriff (who wouldn’t at the Administrator’s salary?), to virtually dismantle the current employee structure, and work hard to replace most full-time employees with part-time help, without benefits, even though the part-timers’ competency levels are lower and talents much more inferior? Despite the fact that this part-time help will never be able to deliver the same services, let alone, the same quality of services as existing help, it doesn’t matter to Kearny’s Ruling Class. Fool us all into believing that we are getting what’s best, when in fact we never will.

I would venture that taxes will still go up, that they will never decrease, and that they will rarely even remain stable. Its smoke and mirrors, it’s not really a matter of saving taxpayers’ money, is it Gisborne, Sheriff, Molly Maids? It’s about appearances, which is most important to the Mayor, and for Sir Guy of Gisborne, it’s about bowing to the whims of the Sheriff and the Molly Maids, who pay his way.

OK, so the entire Kearny Clean Machine wants us to believe that it has the interests of each and very one of us at heart. If we are fools enough to believe it, so be it. An awful lot of rhetoric, to lure us into their trap, can be effective and go a long way.

The Sheriff and Guy of Gisborne act more like Republicans than Republicans, no regard for unions, for the worker, only their own self-preservation. And it’s said Kearny is a Democratic Town? Now we know, if the Sheriff can be compared to a Republican, so can his Molly Maids. The Republican Party does exist in Kearny, just in sheep's clothing.

We can’t fight City Hall, no one person can dispute what the Governing Body does when the Governing Body is nothing more than a solid, coherent, and monolithic sledgehammer.

No checks, no balances – Kearny Elected Officials and Anointed Ones 100 – Kearny Citizens 0.

At the alleged prodding of the Sheriff of Kearnyham, aka Mr. Clean, (the Mayor, let us now bow), his very own Sir Guy of Gisborne (the Business Administrator, let us kiss the ring) has [bla bla bla]

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=50993

Can you answer this post, or are you a complete broken record of convoluted conspiracy theories?