Parking in Harrison for Protest in NYC(via PATH)

Guest Protester

Guest Protester

Hello,

Perhaps starting this Friday I will having a Protest(illegal immigration) in front of WABC Radio at Penn Plaza, Manhattan. Coming from Somerset County and instead of going through the nightmare and expense of driving or taking NJ Transit into Manhattan, I decided perhaps parking in Harrison and taking the PATH to the 33rd st station.

On the path website, there are numerous places mentioned to park in Harrison. The closest seems to be a Municipal Lot which states the Hours of 9-5. Does this mean the lot closes literally at 5 or as I suspect the meters no longer need to be fed, meaning one can park at 3:30 pm, feed to meter to 5 pm and then return at 7-8 pm to drive away.

Thank you,

Keith

Guest Guest
Hello,

Perhaps starting this Friday I will having a Protest(illegal immigration) in front of WABC Radio at Penn Plaza, Manhattan.  Coming from Somerset County and instead of going through the nightmare and expense of driving or taking NJ Transit into Manhattan, I decided perhaps parking in Harrison and taking the PATH to the 33rd st station.

On the path website, there are numerous places mentioned to park in Harrison.  The closest seems to be a Municipal Lot which states the Hours of 9-5.  Does this mean the lot closes literally at 5  or as I suspect the meters no longer need to be fed, meaning one can park at 3:30 pm, feed to meter to 5 pm and then return at 7-8 pm to drive away.

Thank you,

Keith

Lot never closes but unless early you won't find a spot. There are meters on the street which can be used and work the same hours. You can find one a little further away from PATH. There are plenty of local lots all about same price and some never close, but others close at 7-8pm so watch where you park.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Lot never closes but unless early you won't find a spot. There are meters on the street which can be used and work the same hours. You can find one a little further away from PATH. There are plenty of local lots all about same price and some never close, but others close at 7-8pm so watch where you park.

here's the thing, you get a ticket forgetaboutit you call up and tell them the meter is not working bingobango ticket recalled! catch my drift there paulie!