teachers/rapist

Guest dumbfounded

Guest dumbfounded

Is it true Harrison teachers reach a salary of $91,000!!!!!!!

With that pay you would figure these kids would have scored better on the state tests

NOT BAD $$$ FOR 9 months worth of just showing up,

because stats do not lie ....right!!!!

Guest Appointed Board of Education

With that pay you would figure these kids would have scored better on the state tests

Take a walk over to the Board of Education office on Hamilton Street and ask for a copy of the Salary guide for the district, both Instructional and Administrative, especially Administrative, to see where your tax dollars are well spent! Also, ask for the Abbott District Funding and allocation for Harrison School District over the last three years? Then, make a phone call to Mr. Anthony Comprelli, Supt. of Schools, and Board of Education TRUSTEE Mr. James Fife, to arrange an Open Forum for questions by the Town residents regarding Accountability.

Guest Harrison Alum

I live in Morris County, a teacher with a master's degree at top of range makes over 100K. Sounds like you didn't do well on the state exams.

Guest Guest

You're right stats do not lie-but sometimes the teachers cannot do it alone. Children also need their parents support and help!!! YOu can't expect the teacher to reach every child in their class - the classes are just too big!!! Not every child learns the same - some children need more help than others. Sometimes you also have to get tudors or you as a parent have to start doing your part also. Some kids are afraid to ask for help and sometimes the teachers don't see that because they trying to teach a class as a whole - yes, some teachers can't teach - granted - but most of them are good teachers and need the parents help also. You think $91,000 is good when you have to teach between 25 - 35 kids day in and day out - no its not a lot at all. Look parents can't deal with 1 kid sometimes - so stop bad mouthing!!!

Guest guest

first off dumbfounded it is 10 months and you fail to realize that the students that do not do well on the test fail because of more reasons then just a good or bad teacher. It is very easy toassault teachers but everyone forgets that three sets of people are responsible for the success of students 1. the student 2. the parent(s) or guardian 3. the teachers

some kids fail because they aren't prepared to be students because they are malnurished, sleep deprived, and do not possess a foundation for learning. Everyone that works a so-called regular job always has problems with teachers they forget that their jobs require them to work with adults and inanimate objects try dealing wit 15 to 30 young children or adults then you can talk about salaries

Guest Just observing

Not to stick up for them, but some of them have masters degrees and make only $84G. I think that's low considering their education level and the fact that most of them have over 20 years experience. Masters degrees command higher salaries in the private sector.

Guest Guest

Teachers start off making little money i may be wrong but i believe starting pay in Harrison is 27,000- 30,000 ..Salaries can increase in two ways. Either you seek a higher degree (Masters, Phd) or one could be teaching in the school system for years. Teachers deserve to be paid a respectable salary. Its not easy to stand infront of a class room and direct the attention of 30 or so kids to a topic many of them have no interest in. There are teachers with-in the Harrison school system that have the ability to take kids that do not want to learn and make them focused enough to understand and relay the material in a educated manner.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Summer Splash 2007
NOW HIRING: Waiters & Waitresses for LBI Beach Bash Memorial Day Weekend.  Inquire Blg #1

Where are the applications, Bldg#1, is that the Harrison gardens? If so, the LBI

Beach Bash waitresses, are there any specific qualifications, what LBI address

will the festivities be held at? Is the Housing Authority Super. handling the application process? I'm a definite for you Mikey!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Not to stick up for them, but some of them have masters degrees and make only $84G.  I think that's low considering their education level and the fact that most of them have over 20 years experience.  Masters degrees command higher salaries in the private sector.

Lets be clear No they don't Masters do not I have seen many fired work ethic and ability does the private sector pays based on results not prep. I guess you missed that course huh teach.

• 1 month later...
Guest brooke
PLEASE TELL ME HOW NICOLE CATRAMBONE MAKES $50,000 AND HAS BEEN THERE A LOT LESS TIME THAN MANY OTHERS?  IS THIS  A CORRECT FIGURE? IF SO, THIS DEFINITELY SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO

Did you stop to think that she has more education than the others who have been there>

Guest Guest

So what stopped you from going to college and becoming a teacher?

Guest Guest
I did not have a relative to get me "in"...

funny...just look a list of the teachers..manymany are related to politians..hhmmmmmmmmmm

So you went to college, got your degree and teaching certification, couldn't get a job in Harrison and gave up.

That's funny.

Guest Guest
I did not have a relative to get me "in"...

funny...just look a list of the teachers..manymany are related to politians..hhmmmmmmmmmm

to get you IN college????/You see you have to graduate college to get one of those plum jobs and you have to continue to go to school to keep them.....my guess is you're just not a school person.