Debra's comments mis-reported

Guest Paul

Last evening at the Board meeting, my wife Debra was roundly criticized because the Jersey Journal incorrectly reported her as saying that the nastiness we have experienced is as a result of the number of Catholics in town. If Debra had said that, people would rightly be upset. It would have been a horrible thing to say.

However, Debra did not say that. The Jersey Journal mis-reported her comments, and has published a correction to today's paper acknowledging that fact. The correction is on page 2, the far left-hand column.

Many people do not agree with us on many subjects and for many reasons. However, we want the community to know that neither Debra or I would ever make or endorse a remark like that.

Guest Now where did they get that idea

It seems that your family is always having problems with being misunderstood, or is that just normal life for you. As an adult and a lawyer, you should put an end to this. Do you think that life will be easier for your son in college? Every professor will not be teaching to the best of their ability, wondering if they too, are being recorded. I feel very sorry for your son. By the way who advised him to record this teacher hummm?

Last evening at the Board meeting, my wife Debra was roundly criticized because the Jersey Journal incorrectly reported her as saying that the nastiness we have experienced is as a result of the number of Catholics in town. If Debra had said that, people would rightly be upset. It would have been a horrible thing to say.

However, Debra did not say that. The Jersey Journal mis-reported her comments, and has published a correction to today's paper acknowledging that fact. The correction is on page 2, the far left-hand column.

Many people do not agree with us on many subjects and for many reasons. However, we want the community to know that neither Debra or I would ever make or endorse a remark like that.

No no no...no need to make any correction, that's exactly what Debra said. The newspaper is always correct! I can't believe you and your family said such a thing! :)

Just go to the audio tape!

In all seriousness, I believe that all parties involved have learned to choose their words carefully and think before they speak. Even with that lesson in mind, people are at the mercy of the media that may misquote you. I am glad to see the JJ admitted the error and issued a correction.

Do you think that life will be easier for your son in college? Every professor will not be teaching to the best of their ability, wondering if they too, are being recorded.

Are you kidding? Many college professors _encourage_ recording of their lectures, and besides, a college professor is less likely to be as incompetent as Paszkiewicz--they have a job to do, and they know how to do it correctly.

I feel very sorry for your son.

Your pity is misplaced. You should feel sorry for Paszkiewicz, who seems ready to jump into court with a hopeless case.

By the way who advised him to record this teacher hummm?

It was Matthew's own idea, iirc.

Thank you for the correction.

Are you kidding? Many college professors _encourage_ recording of their lectures, and besides, a college professor is less likely to be as incompetent as Paszkiewicz--they have a job to do, and they know how to do it correctly.

Your pity is misplaced. You should feel sorry for Paszkiewicz, who seems ready to jump into court with a hopeless case.

It was Matthew's own idea, iirc.

I don't know what college you went to but most college professors can't get through a lecture without adding their own bias and opinion. Matthew better get used to it. Although I'm sure he'll go to a college where the preaching is more to his liking.

I don't know what college you went to but most college professors can't get through a lecture without adding their own bias and opinion.

It is not unconsitutional to add one's opinion. To trivialize Paszkiewicz's actions that way is either blatantly dishonest, or stunningly ignorant. So, which are you?

Matthew better get used to it.  Although I'm sure he'll go to a college where the preaching is more to his liking.

University != public school.

I don't know what college you went to but most college professors can't get through a lecture without adding their own bias and opinion.  Matthew better get used to it.  Although I'm sure he'll go to a college where the preaching is more to his liking.

Probably Duke University. Also, you have to ask permission to record in college, many professors that I had would not allow it.

I don't know what college you went to but most college professors can't get through a lecture without adding their own bias and opinion.  Matthew better get used to it.  Although I'm sure he'll go to a college where the preaching is more to his liking.

He is used to it. The biases and opinions of teachers will inevitably slip into the conversation to some extent. However, there is a vast difference between the slip of an occasional bias and what happened here. It's like the difference between having a cricket in your house, versus being overrun by millions of the little pests.

Do you really think snotty remarks like that make you or your side look good?

He is used to it. The biases and opinions of teachers will inevitably slip into the conversation to some extent. However, there is a vast difference between the slip of an occasional bias and what happened here. It's like the difference between having a cricket in your house, versus being overrun by millions of the little pests.

Do you really think snotty remarks like that make you or your side look good?

Do you think wearing a dress, putting up posters on your locker, not standing for the pledge, and making secret recordings makes Matthew look good?