Observer Hypocrisy

Guest Censorship

Guest Censorship

Up until last night, Wednesday 02/08/07, Canessa's blog at The Observer always posted unregister posts. This one was refused. Does anyone have any idea why? :) Do you think that it could be because it's true?

"Mr. Canessa, in response to your response: I know that no one representing The Observer was at the BOE meeting, including you which was a shame. I was there! As the reporter covering this story, you should have been there. The BOE meetings are where the actual "news" takes place. Instead, you rely on information controlled by a single party that has a vested interest in this story. There were about 150 people at that meeting. The fire dept. had to close it and move it to the Franklin school auditorium. Does the town of Kearny know this? No! Why? Because Canessa doesn't want it reported! Shame on you! By the way, those people were in support of Paszkiewicz. Nine people took the floor to speak in Paszkiewicz's defense and were applauded. Only 1 person spoke against him who was an incoherent laughingstock saying something about the war in Iraq. How that relates to this story, I have no idea. This is the person you chose to interview in your article. Shameful!!! By the way, you weren't at the first BOE meeting either. At that meeting, students from the actual class defended Paszkiewicz. I guess you didn't want the town to know that either. You are engaging in your own brand of censorship.

Next, you said that the all letters in support of Mr. P. were printed or put on your blog. I would have to call you a LIAR, I just happen to be very close to Mr. P. and have copies in my hands of 5 letters that were sent to you by mail and by e-mail that were not published in The Observer. The people that wrote those letters to you also forwarded a copies to him. Those 5 letters are only the ones I know about, there are probably more. These letters were sent before the one from Mr. Lippard from ARIZONA was printed. I think an apology from you is due not only to Mr. P. but also to the people of this town, who have only seen one side of the story due to your lack of integrity."

More rejected posts to come...

Guest An observer
Up until last night, Wednesday 02/08/07, Canessa's blog at The Observer always posted unregister posts. This one was refused. Does anyone have any idea why? :blink: Do you think that it could be because it's true?

"Mr. Canessa, in response to your response: I know that no one representing The Observer was at the BOE meeting, including you which was a shame. I was there! As the reporter covering this story, you should have been there.  The BOE meetings are where the actual "news" takes place.  Instead, you rely on information controlled by a single party that has a vested interest in this story.  There were about 150 people at that meeting. The fire dept. had to close it and move it to the Franklin school auditorium.  Does the town of Kearny know this? No! Why?  Because Canessa doesn't want it reported! Shame on you!  By the way, those people were in support of Paszkiewicz. Nine people took the floor to speak in Paszkiewicz's defense and were applauded. Only 1 person spoke against him who was an incoherent laughingstock saying something about the war in Iraq. How that relates to this story, I have no idea. This is the person you chose to interview in your article.  Shameful!!! By the way, you weren't at the first BOE meeting either.  At that meeting, students from the actual class defended Paszkiewicz.  I guess you didn't want the town to know that either.  You are engaging in your own brand of censorship.

Next, you said that the all letters in support of Mr. P. were printed or put on your blog. I would have to call you a LIAR, I just happen to be very close to Mr. P. and have copies in my hands of 5 letters that were sent to you by mail and by e-mail that were not published in The Observer. The people that wrote those letters to you also forwarded a copies to him. Those 5 letters are only the ones I know about, there are probably more. These letters were sent before the one from Mr. Lippard from ARIZONA was printed. I think an apology from you is due not only to Mr. P. but also to the people of this town, who have only seen one side of the story due to your lack of integrity."

Thank you! I am glad someone else who sees the selective posting and the absolute bias from Mr Canessa. He makes a perfect match for the publisher of his paper, who doesn't think anyone realizes that she plagiarizes other papers. Kind of interesting!

Up until last night, Wednesday 02/08/07, Canessa's blog at The Observer always posted unregister posts. This one was refused. Does anyone have any idea why?

Yeah--a bunch of people were using the anonymity to post inflammatory things which have since been deleted. I believe there were three such posts on the entry before the announcement at the time I commented on it.

Tough luck--reap what you sow and all that. *shrugs*

Up until last night, Wednesday 02/08/07, Canessa's blog at The Observer always posted unregister posts. This one was refused. Does anyone have any idea why? Do you think that it could be because it's true?

Here is one of the letters tha Canessa did not print or put on The Observer website.

Is this what a real reporter should do?

Or should he be neutral a leave it up to the people to make up their own mind about the situation?

Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:11:38 -0500 (EST)

Subject: Respecting the opinions of others

To: kcanessa@gmail.com, Publisher@theobserver.com

Mr. Kevin Conessa Jr. and Lisa Pezzolla (The Observer),

I am glad that you recognized that your coverage of Mr. Matt LaClair vs Mr. Paszkiewicz story “was somewhat one-sided”(http://www.theobserver.com/currentissue/opinion.shtml). Perhaps you should follow Mr. Kevin Conessa’s expectations of the Kearny school officials in NJ and make a public apology. After all you agreed to be "somewhat one-sided" (perhaps discriminatory but definitely irresponsible to say the least). We’ll you really do that? Remember, just because people don’t write to you it does not Necessarily mean that “The Observe” is offending many. Perhaps the right remedy besides apologies is to un-publish the “one sided” write up Mr. Kevin Conessa published in his blob (STILL there) and be more sensitive to the truth. If he or you do not know the truth it is better not to take sides. Please read on… How is your “one sided” point of view very evident?

Think about it:

1) Your expectation includes the need for an apology. You wrote: “There has been no statement of apology — at all — from any school officials(http://thecanessacorner.blogspot.com/search/label/Canessa%20corner).” This suggests that you / “thecanessacorner.com / “The Observer” have judged and concluded that apologies are necessary from any school officials. That is a one sided point of view.

2) When you write a statement such as “school officials have said nothing that would lead a reasonable person to believe proper remedies have been applied”, it suggests that you believe that “proper remedies” must be applied from school officials. Again, that is a one sided point of view.

3) Another statement from you: “And most incredibly, not one member of the Christian clergy in Kearny has stepped forward to call for an end to the death threats, the threats of violence and the words of intense hatred that many so-called Christians have waged against Matt LaClair — all in a most un-Christ-like manner.” That is again a one sided point of view.

If you expect that the Christian clergy in Kearny steps forward to address death threats, essentially you are accusing Christian to be the ones creating death threats. You might want to share the source of your information that justifies your expectation. Or… is it possible that you really don’t know who is creating these threads… and you are writing your material carelessly. If so… why are you writing this way? Are you judging the “so-called Christians” and classifying them with intense hatred? Not a good idea!

4) You wrote, “Matt LaClair should also be able to walk the halls of Kearny High School free from harassment of any kind” yet you did not Write the same of Mr. Paszkiewicz. Is it possible that the way you are writing this story (i.e. with a one sided point of view) be considered harassment?

I could go on but I think I have made my case.

The truth of the matter is that Mr. David Paszkiewicz has not broken any laws. If he did, don’t you really think that the school board would do something about it? Believe me, there is enough lawyers behind the scenes looking very closely at this situation.

It seems that many lies have been stated and “The Observer /thecanessacorner.blogspot.com” judgmentally decides to publish them without verifying the veracity of the information. If appropriate, you might choose to simply state that your information might not be true or at least state that it could not be verified.

Can you stop writing “one sided point of view.” And be a bit more responsible to your reader audience?

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

RL

Please feel free to publish this letter but I give you no permission to share my name or e-mail address.

Up until last night, Wednesday 02/08/07, Canessa's blog at The Observer always posted unregister posts. This one was refused. Does anyone have any idea why? :unsure: Do you think that it could be because it's true?

"Mr. Canessa, in response to your response: I know that no one representing The Observer was at the BOE meeting, including you which was a shame. I was there! As the reporter covering this story, you should have been there.  The BOE meetings are where the actual "news" takes place.  Instead, you rely on information controlled by a single party that has a vested interest in this story.  There were about 150 people at that meeting. The fire dept. had to close it and move it to the Franklin school auditorium.  Does the town of Kearny know this? No! Why?  Because Canessa doesn't want it reported! Shame on you!  By the way, those people were in support of Paszkiewicz. Nine people took the floor to speak in Paszkiewicz's defense and were applauded. Only 1 person spoke against him who was an incoherent laughingstock saying something about the war in Iraq. How that relates to this story, I have no idea. This is the person you chose to interview in your article.  Shameful!!! By the way, you weren't at the first BOE meeting either.  At that meeting, students from the actual class defended Paszkiewicz.  I guess you didn't want the town to know that either.  You are engaging in your own brand of censorship.

The apology is owed from the one who has violated the Constitution of the United States. Since when is such a person entitled to equal time? Moreover, if you want equal time, buy your own newspaper.

More rejected posts ...

At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:24:00 PM , Anonymous said...

In response to Strife's comment: it appears that you have once again skewed the situation - you've heard/seen what you want to rather than what's real. Mr. P. did not "push for random students to leave the class". If you re-read the Observer's posting, you'll see that HE left the class.

He did not request ANY students be removed from his class.

When (or IF) the actual circumstances that led to Paul LaClair's latest tirade against the teacher's lectures is published, you will see that Mr. P's words and illustrations have again been bastardized and miscontrued. How can he possibly teach when everything he says may be twisted by those who have chosen to make him their adversary? I believe that the request to change classes was made in the best interest of the students in his original class, who have definitely been effected by the controversy.

Guest Guest_amazed_*
The apology is owed from the one who has violated the Constitution of the United States. Since when is such a person entitled to equal time? Moreover, if you want equal time, buy your own newspaper.

violated the constitution? are you mentally stunted or just outright stupid?

Since the day that Canessa decided to ignore all the letters that the residents of Kearny sent and published the letters of those outside town. What he is saying is: you Kearny people are not important and if you don't agree with me, than your opinion is not important. He is pathetic and brainwashed. What Paul says, he repeats it and claims to be his own idea. He cannot even think for himself. Time for Healing, huh?

There is no question that Paszkiewicz violated the Consitution. Deny it all you want, but that's the reality.

:ninja: strife no he did not word for word no! but you are running from god why? son lets talk about it! why? where did god fail you in your mind?look at this point i think i could out you but im not because i want to get at why you think god is not real! or cares about you yes you! kearny is a small town and sooner or later someone knows sombody that knows a friend that knows you! get it! you will slip and post something that will out you so lets fix whats wrong with your love of god or the lack of!! just ask! :ninja:

:ph34r: strife no he did not word for word no!

How is it possible that there still exist people who deny something so incredibly obvious?

but you are running from god why?

How does one run from something that isn't there?

son lets talk about it! why? where did god fail you in your mind?

Talk about a loaded question. Where did Zeus fail you in your mind?

look at this point i think i could out you but im not because i want to get at why you think god is not real!

You mean other than the ridiculous stories in the bible (and nearly 400 contradictions (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html), the lack of any real evidence, etc.? Carlin said it well:

"But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fu**ked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago."

Also, some of the ridiculousness of the Christian God, for one, is pointed out here: http://www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

But hear this: these websites etc. didn't "turn" me atheist. You know what turned me atheist? The Bible. Once one actually sits down and objectively reads the whole thing cover to cover, one realizes what a crock of shit it all is.

or cares about you yes you!

I don't care if your imaginary friend likes me or not. :P

kearny is a small town and sooner or later someone knows sombody that knows a friend that knows you! get it! you will slip and post something that will out you so lets fix whats wrong with your love of god or the lack of!!  just ask!  :ninja:

Uh, KOTW admin(s)? This sounds a little like a threat...

But I guess that's par for the course for people like you, huh? Back off, creep.

There is no question that Paszkiewicz violated the Consitution. Deny it all you want, but that's the reality.

You've been asked on numerous occasions to post the portion of The Constitution that the teacher violated. You have not posted it. If this situation was so cut and dry Paul would have filed his lawsuit months ago.

:ph34r: strife no he did not word for word no! but you are running from god why? son lets talk about it! why? where did god fail you in your mind?look at this point i think i could out you but im not because i want to get at why you think god is not real! or cares about you yes you! kearny is a small town and sooner or later someone knows sombody that knows a friend that knows you! get it! you will slip and post something that will out you so lets fix whats wrong with your love of god or the lack of!!  just ask!  :ninja:

People like this believe whatever they wish to believe. Someone disagrees with them, so that means they're running from God. This is making it up as they go along, and they don't even see it. Even if someone believes in God, there is a big and obvious difference between that and this person's idea of what God might be. People like this don't see that either. It's why people fight wars over religion.

:ninja: strife no he did not word for word no! but you are running from god why? son lets talk about it! why? where did god fail you in your mind?look at this point i think i could out you but im not because i want to get at why you think god is not real! or cares about you yes you! kearny is a small town and sooner or later someone knows sombody that knows a friend that knows you! get it! you will slip and post something that will out you so lets fix whats wrong with your love of god or the lack of!!  just ask!  :ninja:

Hoo boy - this one's going to give Strife an aneurysm with all of the fodder that immediately rushes to his cerebral cortex! Breathe, Strife, breathe.

Another local letter that The Observer refuse to print.

January 3, 2007

Ms.Lisa Pezzolla

The Observer

531 Kearny Avenue

Kearny, NJ 07032

Dear Ms. Pezzolla

After reading the Observer this week, I was totally disgusted by the bias journalism on David Paszkiewicz. I can’t believe that a decent, honest, and well educated teacher is going through such defamation of his character. Matt La Clair wants an apology from Mr. Paszkiewicz, well I believe Matt La Clair should apologize to him. He was the one that underhandedly tape this teacher without his knowledge. If Matt. LaClair had a problem with Mr. Paszkiewicz or what he was saying, he should have confronted him with his parents. What I see being done is an attempt to zero in on Mr. Paskiewicz for whatever personal reason or vendetta Mr. LaClair has against him. Mr. La Clair said that Mr. Paskiewicz was harassing him, but from what I see and hear, it’s more of Mr. La Clair continually harassing Mr. Paskiewicz by relentlessly pursuing this matter through the media.

Years ago, when a student asked a question, the teacher would answer if he/she knew the answer. Today, evidently you can’t, but on the contrary, you can hand out condoms, recommend abortions, talk about witchcraft, or sex, but “God forbid” we mention God or Jesus Christ, which I like to remind everyone is why we celebrate Christmas (a National Holiday).

Please give Mr. Paszkiewicz a break and be thankful that we have teachers in the school system that have moral decency.

Sincerely,

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content. The name of author was removed because it could not be confirmed.

Yeah--a bunch of people were using the anonymity to post inflammatory things which have since been deleted. I believe there were three such posts on the entry before the announcement at the time I commented on it.

Tough luck--reap what you sow and all that. *shrugs*

So, "Strife767" is not anonymous? Does anyone know who you are? Is your name really Strife 767? Are you saying it's okay to post inflammatory things as long as we use a pseudonym? When I think of a good codename, maybe I'll register it and then can be free to spit some fire?

You've been asked on numerous occasions to post the portion of The Constitution that the teacher violated.  You have not posted it.  If this situation was so cut and dry Paul would have filed his lawsuit months ago.

No, in fact the law requires a Notice of Claim as a prerequisite to an action. I am told the waiting period after that is six months.

Keep your eye on the news next week.

Please ..... tell me where?

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, made applicable to the states by the Fourteenth Amendment. There is a plethora of case law on the subject. We've said this over and over again, and the school does recognize the fact.

This is a well-settled question in the law. Mr. Paszkiewicz even has some of the leading cases on his syllabus for the class Matthew was in, including Engel v. Vitale. There is no legitimate debate about the status of the law. Public school teachers may not use the classroom to preach.

So, "Strife767" is not anonymous?  Does anyone know who you are?  Is your name really Strife 767?  Are you saying it's okay to post inflammatory things as long as we use a pseudonym?  When I think of a good codename, maybe I'll register it and then can be free to spit some fire?

That's pretty much what he is saying. You can be Michael Jackson, George Bush, Nicole Kidman, BlahBlah, LOLOLO, Strife666, God, BadBoy, Goodboy, A person, Someone, etc...whatever you want, but don't you dare be annonymous...tell me, how studpid is that? Canessa doesn't think!

Guest strife   yes or no?
How is it possible that there still exist people who deny something so incredibly obvious?

How does one run from something that isn't there?

Talk about a loaded question. Where did Zeus fail you in your mind?

You mean other than the ridiculous stories in the bible (and nearly 400 contradictions (http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html), the lack of any real evidence, etc.? Carlin said it well:

"But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fu**ked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago."

Also, some of the ridiculousness of the Christian God, for one, is pointed out here: http://www.evilbible.com/Impossible.htm

But hear this: these websites etc. didn't "turn" me atheist. You know what turned me atheist? The Bible. Once one actually sits down and objectively reads the whole thing cover to cover, one realizes what a crock of shit it all is.

I don't care if your imaginary friend likes me or not. :P

Uh, KOTW admin(s)? This sounds a little like a threat...

But I guess that's par for the course for people like you, huh? Back off, creep.

:rolleyes: yes you want to know or no your mind is so shut to the truth that nothing anybody says will matter! you need to reread the bible but make it live in your mind! and im pointing out that your posting could cost your job "if your doing it on the clock" but are you able to "re think" this thing about GOD? if you would talk with me i will be glad to try and show you some very interesting things that are in the bible also prove to you that you are no accident! all the other things you seen in print means nothing till you know the truth! yes i will prove it with science! just give me a chance with open mind and hart :wub: we can do this by phone if you wish the dime will be on me!

Please ..... tell me where?

You can't be serious? How are there still people denying it? Well, it should be entertaining to see how you respond to a few seconds of poking through the transcript (and a few minutes of forum searching will find you more examples, to be sure--of course, I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen them but are just ignoring them on purpose):

[God] did everything in his power to make sure that you could go to Heaven, so much so, that he put your sin on his own body, suffered your pains for you, and he's saying "Please, accept me, believe!"...God himself sent his only son to die for days (???)...on the cross. That's the idea. And if I reject that, then it really is, then to Hell with me.

The Constitution clearly mandates that governmental insitutions, of which a public school is one, are to be religiously neutral--here we have a history teacher preaching his dogma to the students. This is clearly unconstitutional.

Another local letter that The Observer refuse to print.

Possibly there is a good reason why? Let's see what we've got here...

January 3, 2007
Ms.Lisa Pezzolla
The Observer
531 Kearny Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032
Dear Ms. Pezzolla

After reading the Observer this week, I was totally disgusted by the bias journalism on David Paszkiewicz.  I can’t believe that a decent, honest, and well educated teacher is going through  such defamation of his character.

Decent? He violated the Constitution completely remorselessly, and also peddles anti-science conspiracy theory on his captive audience of students.

Honest? He has been caught lying about our own country's history, at least.

I don't know how/where he was educated, but even if he got a great education, what's the point if he doesn't use it?

Here's an important tip: it's not defamation if it's true.

Matt La Clair wants an apology from Mr. Paszkiewicz, well I believe Matt La Clair should apologize to him.

For what? Not letting his teacher get away with his wrongdoing?

He was the one that underhandedly tape this teacher without his knowledge.

His teacher gave him no other choice. It has been clearly shown that Matthew's claims would have been dismissed outright had he not taken the drastic step he needed to to prove his claims (hell, a bunch of morons STILL don't believe him despite the irrefutable audio proof!). It's Paszkiewicz's fault for backing Matthew into a corner like that.

If  Matt. LaClair had a problem with  Mr. Paszkiewicz or what he was saying, he should have confronted him  with his parents.

Matthew did confront him. Paszkiewicz's stubbornness was the primary reason he had to turn to more drastic measures to make sure he wouldn't get away with what he was doing.

What I see being done is an attempt to zero in on Mr. Paskiewicz for whatever personal reason or vendetta Mr. LaClair has against him.

Of course, the tremendous bias in that statement is inherent. To see something like that without any evidence (after all, one _might_ think of it as driven by vendetta etc. if Paul or Matthew had been caught making false accusations about Paszkiewicz (ironically, several of Mr. P.'s apologists have been caught doing just that on this forum on several occasions (small sample: http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...dpost&p=41915)), but they haven't. Every claim of theirs that has been examined has been found to be 100% true) proves just how willing you are to ignore the reality of the situation.

Mr. La Clair said that Mr. Paskiewicz was harassing him, but from what I see and hear, it’s more of Mr. La Clair continually harassing Mr. Paskiewicz by relentlessly pursuing this matter through the media.

Cry me a river. If Paszkiewicz was doing his job properly (OR, if he screwed up but then at LEAST apologized), there would be no scandal. Boo hoo. :rolleyes:

Years ago, when a student asked a question, the teacher would answer if he/she knew the answer.  Today,  evidently you can’t,

Not this line of nonsense again. If you actually listen to the recordings, Paszkiewicz brought up his dogma before anyone asked any question about religion.

but on the contrary, you can hand out condoms, recommend abortions, talk about witchcraft, or sex,

How is any of this contrary to answering a student's question? Methinks you should find out what a word means before you try to use it.

but “God forbid” we mention God or Jesus Christ,

Bet you would be whining if we mentioned Allah instead.

which I like to remind everyone is why we celebrate Christmas (a National Holiday).

Christmas should not be a government holiday, but there are bigger fish to fry, like teachers who act as if their classrooms are chapels, and their desks, pulpits.

Please give Mr. Paszkiewicz a break

He hasn't earned one.

and be thankful that we have teachers in the school system that have moral decency.

(as opposed to immoral decency? Or moral indecency? :wub: )

We are thankful that public school teachers like Paszkiewicz are fairly rare. Paszkiewicz has acted very immorally and indecently (not to mention shown incompetence in his subject (at the very least, willingness to ignore factual history in favor of his dogma)), and we would all be better off without people like that teaching our children. That is not why we pay taxes.

So, "Strife767" is not anonymous?

Two qualities--lack of an identity, even a made-up one, plus posting flames that contribute nothing. That's why Canessa banned anonymous posting.

Does anyone know who you are?  Is your name really Strife 767?  Are you saying it's okay to post inflammatory things as long as we use a pseudonym?

Obviously not, duh. But at least if you force people to register before they post something, then it's easier to ban them if they're out of line. :rolleyes:

When I think of a good codename, maybe I'll register it and then can be free to spit some fire?

Nope.