Students Transfer in History Class

Guest Guest

following the link on KOTW's main page to the Kevin Canessa Observer blog, Kevin reports that students were transferred from Paszkiewicz's class to Vartan's class.

Who was transferred and why? Have the remaining students promised not to record Paszkiewicz?

The plot thickens.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

following the link on KOTW's main page to the Kevin Canessa Observer blog, Kevin reports that students were transferred from Paszkiewicz's class to Vartan's class.

Who was transferred and why?  Have the remaining students promised not to record Paszkiewicz?

The plot thickens.

Before we post somehting, we have to know what we are talking about. Apparently you don't know how to read well or have comprehesion problems. Students were not transfered from Paszkiewicz's class to Vartan's class. Paszkiewicz was the one who requested to be transfer. Learn how to read, kid!

ps: Even if the students promised not the record the class it wouldn't matter anyway. In case you do not know there is a new policy! Get with the program! :D

Who was transferred and why?  Have the remaining students promised not to record Paszkiewicz?

The plot thickens.

Sounds like Paszkiewicz is trying to separate himself from Matthew, apparently the one and only (sadly) kid who would call him on his BS.

The plot thickens.

It was not the students that got transferred, Mr. P. request to be moved to a different class.

No students were transferred – the teachers simply switched classes.

It seems that about the only way Mr. P could continue to teach his class would be to read from the text book, word for word, without any additional input. (If that is all the students can expect, why have a teacher at all?) It is apparent that Matt takes his misconstrued interpretations of Mr. P’s words and illustrations home and passes them on to daddy. Paul then further mutilates class lectures and discussions and runs to the press and the web blogs, maliciously spreading his slanderous lies and accusations.

I’m sure the stress of such persistent persecution makes it very difficult to teach. The constant and very public conflict is also of no benefit to any of the students in that classroom setting. I believe that Mr. P’s request to switch classes was in the best interest of all parties – except, perhaps for Paul!!!

The plot thickens.

At Mr. Paszkiewicz's request, all his sixth-period students --- yes, every one of them --- were transferred into Ms. Vartan's class, which also meets in sixth period; and all of Ms. Vartan's students were transferred into Mr. Paszkiewicz's class.

Neither we nor any of the other students or their families was notified that this would happen, notwithstanding the entirely predictable response. Yet again, the administration has been completely thoughtless in handling this matter. Did they really think the reason for this wasn't obvious?

The plot thickens.

Dave P. asked to trade classes.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/kearny/ind...6860.xml&coll=3

The plot thickens.

As per the Jersey journal

The Kearny High School student who accused his history teacher of crossing the line between church and state has been separated from that teacher, officials said yesterday.

Sixteen-year-old Matthew LaClair and the other 25 students in his U.S. History Level 1 honors class began the new semester yesterday with a new teacher, Principal Al Somma said.

LaClair's former history teacher, David Paszkiewicz, will take over the class of LaClair's new instructor, who is teaching the exact same class, Somma said.

Somma wouldn't elaborate on the reason for the mid-course switch, except to say it was done at the request of Paszkiewicz.

The plot thickens.

There can't be any remaining students if they were never separated. They met in the same room as always.

A different teacher came to that class.

Canessa, as always can't never report the accurate information.

Always twisting things to make people think something else.

Proof and point by what you are just spreading here. The wrong information.

Get the facts straight!

The plot thickens.

did your really just ask why? seriously? and what's with the whole 1940s' radio program, cliff-hanger ****? find out next post, the obvious answers to these questions.

(you won't find out, however, who was switched, because nobody can post names on this site anymore, especially if they're under 18... D**bA**)

The plot thickens.

Cool. Maybe those lucky students will get some competent instruction now in Vartan's class.

At Mr. Paszkiewicz's request, all his sixth-period students --- yes, every one of them --- were transferred into Ms. Vartan's class, which also meets in sixth period; and all of Ms. Vartan's students were transferred into Mr. Paszkiewicz's class.

Neither we nor any of the other students or their families was notified that this would happen, notwithstanding the entirely predictable response. Yet again, the administration has been completely thoughtless in handling this matter. Did they really think the reason for this wasn't obvious?

Are you for real?

The administration did not notified the student and their families?

They do not have to notify anyone. If a teacher is moving out of a class and going to another that is their business not yours. Who do you think you are? What makes you think everyone has to check with you before making decision or doing something? Are you related to Fidel Castro by any chance? This town does not work by your rules.

YOU ARE JUST UPSET BECAUSE YOUR SON CAN'T USE MR. P. ANYMORE OR CAN'T TWIST HIS WORDS TO ADVANCE IN LIFE.

Party time is OVER!

There can't be any remaining students if they were never separated. They met in the same room as always.

A different teacher came to that class.

Canessa, as always can't never report the accurate information.

Always twisting things to make people think something else.

Proof and point by what you are just spreading here. The wrong information.

Get the facts straight!

Obviously you're not one of the students, or you would know that this it not true. The students moved, the teachers did not. Did you really expect otherwise, and in any case --- who cares?

Guest Level headed citizen

Paul, Is there anything that Mr. Paszkiewicz can do right in your mind? Let's give this guy a break. He is a teacher (whether you like it or not) and he must be given the opportunity to teach again. Requesting transfer to a new class sounds like a reasonable solution to situation that appears to have gotten way out of hand.

I recently met him and found him to be level headed, likeable guy...a far cry from the monster he has been made out to be on this site.

You have made your point, over and over again, but I respectfully feel that you have gone too far now. I, too, am against preaching in the classroom but I think it's time to let it go, put some distance between this incident that happened last fall and get on with our lives.

There are too many people on here that just simply want to take an argumentitive stance on this subject...as well as a few others who are just plain jerks that do not care to make any sense at all. Let's not encourage this bad behavior any more and give this guy and the school system a break.

No students were transferred – the teachers simply switched classes.

It seems that about the only way Mr. P could continue to teach his class would be to read from the text book, word for word, without any additional input.

From what former students of his have said to me and on this forum, that's basically how he always taught, except that usually it's the students who have to to do the reading, because he apparently keeps his distance from the actual texts as much as possible.

(If that is all the students can expect, why have a teacher at all?)  It is apparent that Matt takes his misconstrued interpretations of Mr. P’s words and illustrations home and passes them on to daddy. Paul then further mutilates class lectures and discussions and runs to the press and the web blogs, maliciously spreading his slanderous lies and accusations.

LOL! Do you still deny that Paszkiewicz was preaching in class? Every allegation of what he's said in class has been proven beyond any doubt already. Way to display just how far your bias can push you away from reality.

I’m sure the stress of such persistent persecution makes it very difficult to teach.

Or maybe it's the incompetence... :P How else do you refer to an AP History teacher who doesn't know the basics of the foundations of this country?

The constant and very public conflict is also of no benefit to any of the students in that classroom setting.

Cry me a river, seriously. Mr. P. has popular support--and it sure wasn't HE who got a death threat over the incident. Leave it to an apologist of his to twist things around like that. Mr. P. is not the victim here--not by a longshot.

I believe that Mr. P’s request to switch classes was in the best interest of all parties

Yeah, exposing another class full of kids to his incompetence--fantastic. :lol:

Cool. Maybe those lucky students will get some competent instruction now in Vartan's class.

Nope Calybos, I actually feel bad for these students. Not because they are in Vartan's class but because Matthew is still in that class. Those students can't stand him!

LOL! Since when does the school notify the parents that their children are switching teachers? I went to KHS for four years, almost every semester I had different teachers and no one ever called my parents to tell them that I had a new teacher. The other student's families have a reason to complain, you don't! Apparently your son is the only one who didn't like the teacher, so he should be happy to be out of his class. Unless he was having way too much fun practicing his recording skills and now there is nothing fun to do in school! Too bad, Mr. LaClair, there will be no more complaining about Mr. P, which means no more New York Times articles, no more pictures of Matthew in front of the christmas tree, sitting on the coach, sitting on his bed, taking a bath, etc...So sad isn't it? It was kind of funny! :lol: But don't worry about it, just pray that God...oops! (sorry about the religion reference) gives you another reason to complain and who knows maybe you will be in the New York times again! :P

So Paul what are you really trying to say?

You are upset that your son doesn't have Mr. P. anymore?

Mr. P. sounds like a reasonable guy, if you ask him, I'm sure he will come back. :lol:

Of course it's obvious!!!!! I can imagine what it's like to be in that class! Thoughtless? This is obviously better for the students and Mr. P. I know students in that class and you and Matt are the only ones upset about the change. My son has had class changes without my notification, big deal, your making a mountain out of a mole hill, as usual. Is it against the law for Mr. P to request the change? Is it against the law for the BOE to not notify you before hand? State the law thats been broken!!!!

Do you know what else is obvious? Your agenda! :lol: Now your starting to grasp at straws!

If a teacher is moving out of a class and going to another that is their business not yours.

Uh...what exactly makes you think it is not a parent's business who is teaching his/her child? I bet if your son had an openly atheist teacher you'd want to know (and want to B**ch about it too, probably), for example.

Who do you think you are? What makes you think everyone has to check with you before making decision or doing something? Are you related to Fidel Castro by any chance?

Are you familiar with ad hominem by any chance? :P

This town does not work by your rules.

Looks like it won't work by the country's rules either, unless we force it to. And that's sad, really. <_<

YOU ARE JUST UPSET BECAUSE YOUR SON CAN'T USE MR. P. ANYMORE

Anymore? He never did. Mr. P. invited controversy with his remarks--it's sure as hell not Matthew's fault that the public became aware of them. Tough luck for him and his apologists--he should have been doing his job.

OR CAN'T TWIST HIS WORDS TO ADVANCE IN LIFE.

No one twisted his words. In context they were as heinous as they were presented to be.

Party time is OVER!

Don't be so sure. :)

Paul, Is there anything that Mr. Paszkiewicz can do right in your mind?

Well, there goes the credibility your alias suggested. <_<

Let's give this guy a break. He is a teacher (whether you like it or not)

But an incompetent one. He gets history wrong that _I_ don't, and I always hated history class. Really, really basic stuff about our own country.

and he must be given the opportunity to teach again.

Why? He's shown he S**ks at it, and doesn't seem to want to make any willfull effort to fix the problem. He's completely remorseless. Why does he deserve another chance with that kind of attitude?

Requesting transfer to a new class sounds like a reasonable solution to situation that appears to have gotten way out of hand.

I recently met him and found him to be level headed, likeable guy...a far cry from the monster he has been made out to be on this site.

Former students of his have told me a different story. And these are people who usually aren't vocal at all, so I seriously doubt they were embellishing or anything.

You have made your point, over and over again, but I respectfully feel that you have gone too far now.

But how? The board has taken one step forward and two steps back by banning recording on the heels of their 'separation of church and state-related' policy. What has been done by Paul or anyone else against Paszkiewicz, the board, or anyone else that could be accurately labeled as being excessive in any way?

I, too, am against preaching in the classroom but I think it's time to let it go, put some distance between this incident that happened last fall and get on with our lives.

Just letting it go sets a bad precedent. It needs to be made clear that this is a big problem, and will not be tolerated now or in the future. Right now, the board has conveniently covered their tracks so that anyone could do what Paszkiewicz did, and no one in a position like Matthew's could do anything about it without violating school policy. That is unacceptable.

There are too many people on here that just simply want to take an argumentitive stance on this subject...as well as a few others who are just plain jerks that do not care to make any sense at all. Let's not encourage this bad behavior any more and give this guy and the school system a break.

They'll be given a break when they start taking some responsibility, and accepting accountability.

Guest Lazarus

JESUS FREAKING CHRIST. What the HELL is wrong with you people?! Can you for once see past your PETTY BIAS and accept that Matthew just did what he thought was right?! He was NOT a trained snake, to coil and jump whenever Paul commands it, you dolts. He did what he thought was right, and Paul is doing what HE thinks is right.

Why can't you see him as a human being with morals and values, instead of an attention hungry lawyer, which he most certainly is not. You should be ashamed of yourselves, with your smug little "smiley" faces decorating every inch of your responses, your unnecessary, baseless, foundationless comments polluting this thread. Get the **** out of here, goddamnit. You people, once again, make me sick.

Guest Lazarus

By the way: The way I read it, Paul isn't trying to get this back into the media's light, you dolts. He's expressing annoyance at the predictability of this occurence. And was it not predictable? He switches classes to rid himself of his problem. Who wouldn't? Someone with more formidable willpower, admittedly, but that's besides the point.