Sports

Guest Eddie Raimo Class of 70

Guest Eddie Raimo Class of 70

Hi, My name is Eddie Raimo Class of 70. I would like to talk about two greatest athletes that ever came out of Harrison. The two best athletes that came out of Harrison were two Kevins. Kevin Gilmore, who I had the honor of knowing and particpiating in basketball games with and pick up football games. And Kevin Hoey, who was a great friend and a better athlete with do respect to All American soccer players and to Ray Lucas who made it to the pros as a quarterback. But Kevin Gilmore had something speacial he was a star on the rise. Deffinatley pro material, everyone had great admiration and love for him I considered him a friend also. And he would have deffinatley been a pro. Now to Kevin Hoey, I loved and respected this man from the time I met him some 30 years ago and I had the honor of being a pall bearer at his funeral. I would never forget either one and they both ment something to me Kevin Gilmore taught me how to be a competitor at the age of 13 and I will never forget all the ways he helped me. I was very young when I saw Mr. Hoey play when he played pro soccer. But as a man you couldn't have a nicer friend. Anyone who knew both of them were better off as people. Thank you .

Ed Raimo

Guest Guest_BRADYBABE_*
Hi, My name is Eddie Raimo Class of 70. I would like to talk about two greatest athletes that ever came out of Harrison. The two best athletes that came out of Harrison were two Kevins. Kevin Gilmore, who I had the honor of knowing and particpiating in basketball games with and pick up football games. And Kevin Hoey, who was a great friend and a better athlete with do respect to All American soccer players and to Ray Lucas who made it to the pros as a quarterback. But Kevin Gilmore had something speacial he was a star on the rise. Deffinatley pro material, everyone had great admiration and love for him I considered him a friend also. And he would have deffinatley been a pro. Now to Kevin Hoey, I loved and respected this man from the time I met him some 30 years ago and I had the honor of being a pall bearer at his funeral. I would never forget either one and they both ment something to me Kevin Gilmore taught me how to be a competitor at the age of 13 and I will never forget all the ways he helped me. I was very young when I saw Mr. Hoey play when he played pro soccer. But as a man you couldn't have a nicer friend. Anyone who knew both of them were better off as people. Thank you .

Ed Raimo

Thank you! It is so refreshing to read a nice post on this site and more importantly giving credit when it is due. I think it's great that these men had such a deep impact on your life, and added to who you are today. Some of the people that post here and gossip and rip apart others reputation could learn something from you. The world is a much nicer place with people like you in it. :o:D:( BB

Guest One of many Nieces- Kat
Thank you! It is so refreshing to read a nice post on this site and more importantly giving credit when it is due. I think it's great that these men had such a deep impact on your life, and added to who you are today. Some of the people that post here and gossip and rip apart others reputation could learn something from you. The world is a much nicer place with people like you in it. :angry:  :)  :) BB

It's great to see that everyone's "Uncle Eddie" is so highly thought of. The men he wrote about are some of the ones who shaped his life! Making him the man we all know and love.

And yes, it is refreshing to see something other than trash on this board.

We love you "Uncle" Eddie!