Final Statement

Guest Guest_Paul_*

Guest Guest_Paul_*

I wish to apologize for all the arguments that have ensued over Darwinism / Intelligent Design since I first started posting. I want everyone to understand my position on this subject. I believe neo-Darwinism is a fraud and I think Strife, Calybos and a few others are just stupid. That sounds harsh but there's no excuse for their hard-headed refusal to listen to common sense.

I believe in Intelligent Design and as time goes by, science will prove me out. Certainly, micro evolution within species is valid, but to suggest that all living tissue evolved from the same soup can is rediculous.

Atheists cling to Darwinism because that's their way of validating their own misguided opinions. I would suggest that 2smart4u, Keith, A Christian, etc. stop responding to the Darwiniacs (I love that) so this argument will stop. You're right, they're wrong, let it go.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to apologize for all the arguments that have ensued over Darwinism / Intelligent Design since I first started posting.  I want everyone to understand my position on this subject. I believe neo-Darwinism is a fraud and I think Strife, Calybos and a few others are just stupid. That sounds harsh but there's no excuse for their hard-headed refusal to listen to common sense.

I believe in Intelligent Design and as time goes by, science will prove me out. Certainly, micro evolution within species is valid, but to suggest that all living tissue evolved from  the same soup can is rediculous.

Atheists cling to Darwinism because that's their way of validating their own misguided opinions. I would suggest that 2smart4u, Keith, A Christian, etc. stop responding to the Darwiniacs (I love that) so this argument will stop. You're right, they're wrong, let it go.

Wow...you're in major denial. Intelligent Design will never be a scientific theory because god is not science. Simple as that. Sorry to burst your bubble--not only have you or any other creationist wackjob no scientific proof of your pretend science (and it's been clearly revealed as nothing but religion masquerading as science with science-y language), but you all have failed completely to mount the least evidence against the established theories that every single scientific community that submits to peer review accepts.

Also, please tell me you're not trying to masquerade as Paul LaClair...'cause that would be just really, really low...

Guest bewildered
I wish to apologize for all the arguments that have ensued over Darwinism / Intelligent Design since I first started posting.  I want everyone to understand my position on this subject. I believe neo-Darwinism is a fraud and I think Strife, Calybos and a few others are just stupid. That sounds harsh but there's no excuse for their hard-headed refusal to listen to common sense.

I believe in Intelligent Design and as time goes by, science will prove me out. Certainly, micro evolution within species is valid, but to suggest that all living tissue evolved from  the same soup can is rediculous.

So far science has not found anything to validate creationist I.D. Millenia will go by and they still won't find anything.

Which is harder to believe, all living things started out as one-celled organisms or some Bronze Age god zapped it all into being? Over 90% of scientists involved with biology believe the former. What you are claiming is that thousands of scientists got together and decided to make up evolution. Are you paranoid? Are you nuts?

For most of the people on earth the bible is not infallible and inerrant.

Why don't you I.D. creationist leave the sciencey stuff to scientists?

Whatever, dude.

Whatever, dude.

They're really getting desperate now, aren't they?

Legitimate scientists--both religious and nonreligious--know that evolution is correct. They've discarded the ID "theory" as garbage... in fact, it doesn't even qualify as a theory.

And all the religious rantings and ravings you can muster won't change that.

Guest Proctologist
So far science has not found anything to validate creationist I.D.  Millenia will go by and they still won't find anything.

Which is harder to believe, all living things started out as one-celled organisms or some Bronze Age god zapped it all into being? Over 90% of scientists involved with biology believe the former.  What you are claiming is that thousands of scientists got together and decided to make up evolution.  Are you paranoid?  Are you nuts?

For most of the people on earth the bible is not infallible and inerrant.

Why don't you I.D. creationist leave the sciencey stuff to scientists?

Rectum remarks.

Guest 2smart4u

The rabid atheists that live in the caves of KOTW show their claws when an honest person like yourself steps forward. Thank you for your comments. I think I will take your advise and stop responding to them. We'll leave them to their ignorance.

Guest Steve_C
Whatever, dude.

HA!

Well that does it! I'm gonna have to start believing in god, disregard science and believe we're all doomed to hell unless we repent because a talking snake made the first woman everrr eat an apple. It's so like obvious that god made us... duh! Ignore all those mean atheists, they are so NOT cool!

Oh... and Mr. P is like so hot! I get a funny feeling when he talks about dinosaurs on the Ark. He's just soooo smart.

They're really getting desperate now, aren't they?

Legitimate scientists--both religious and nonreligious--know that evolution is correct. They've discarded the ID "theory" as garbage... in fact, it doesn't even qualify as a theory.

*nods* Hell, it's not even _science_, let alone a theory. It can't even reach the hypothesis stage without being unscientific.

Guest bewildered
Wow...you're in major denial. Intelligent Design will never be a scientific theory because god is not science. Simple as that. Sorry to burst your bubble--not only have you or any other creationist wackjob no scientific proof of your pretend science (and it's been clearly revealed as nothing but religion masquerading as science with science-y language), but you all have failed completely to mount the least evidence against the established theories that every single scientific community that submits to peer review accepts.

Also, please tell me you're not trying to masquerade as Paul LaClair...'cause that would be just really, really low...

I wanted to be the first one to use the word sciencey here.

Guest bewildered
Rectum remarks.

Rectum remarks??? You anti-evolutionists are first to call people names. You are the ones that spout doody. You cannot give any scientific proof of creationist I.D. because there is none. You cannot come up with the names of any scientists who recently "converted" to I.D. I am still waiting for a list of names of scientists involved in biology who believe that I.D. is correct. Put up or shut up.

It's hilarious that people like this think there isn't a vast body of science supporting evolutionary theory, and no science supporting so-called intelligent design. It's as though these people think nature operates by majority vote.

Guest Guest_Calybos_*
Rectum remarks??? You anti-evolutionists are first to call people names.  You are the ones that spout doody.  You cannot give any scientific proof of creationist I.D. because there is none.  You cannot come up with the names of any scientists who recently "converted" to I.D.  I am still waiting for a list of names of scientists involved in biology who believe that I.D. is correct.  Put up or shut up.

"spout doody" ??? LOL Is that a technical term ??

Guest Sick to his stomach

I'm sick to my stomach. I just can't understand how obsessed some people are with this debate that they'd go as far as to pose as another person to advance their agenda. Intelligent design is not common sense, it's the kind of story a freaking druggie would tell around a bon fire.

How can you still believe such a blatantly neolithic idea in such an enlightened age of science and rational thought? Intelligent design is not rational, it is denial. Evolution and the rest of the "LOL DARWINIAC" theories have the backing of dozens of highly intelligent individuals. Intelligent design, however, has merely the backing of those claiming adherence to a faith.

And people are willing to insult each other and pose as other persons to try and convince the other side now. This is sickening. Go away, all of you crazies. I can't stand listening to your poison anymore.

Guest Graduate Student
It's hilarious that people like this think there isn't a vast body of science supporting evolutionary theory, and no science supporting so-called intelligent design. It's as though these people think nature operates by majority vote.

I'm back one more time.

As I stated previously, The Darwiniacs (I love that) are a dying breed. Science is leading us away from the notion that all living things evolved from soup. The fossil record DOES NOT support macro evolution. NOT ONE transitional fossil has been found anywhere in the world dispite extensive digs. Think about that; if all the living creatures of the world came from a common ancestor, we should be tripping over transitional fossils, yet there are none. Paleontology in Darwin's time was primitive so we can understand his naivety. Also, now that we can see cell make-up at the molecular level, we know how incredibly complicated living tissue is and the impossibility of a "blind" nature designing it all by accident.

Consider this analogy; Imagine evolution (natural selection) designing a jet airliner. The jet won't fly until all the parts are designed correctly and they are all in their correct places. And of course, until all the correctly designed parts have evolved in their correct places (billions of years ??) this creature is non-functional and won't fly (won't live). (was does this say for "survival of the fittest") As impossible as this anology is, that's how impossible it would be for blind evolution to design a cell (I won't even get into designing a bacterial motor or an eye).

So, this is what the Darwiniacs have; absolutely NO fossil record and impossible evolutionary theories.

Guest boy scouts member

i am sick too about people complaining about stupid things like the boy scouts saying that we are gay and just gay people get in involved you people are wrong we not gay we are just normal people like you the boy scouts teaches kids about life get ur kids in the scouts could boys scouts or cub scouts or girl scouts whatever we are normal people ok :P

Guest Studies and Observations
I'm sick to my stomach. I just can't understand how obsessed some people are with this debate that they'd go as far as to pose as another person to advance their agenda. Intelligent design is not common sense, it's the kind of story a freaking druggie would tell around a bon fire.

How can you still believe such a blatantly neolithic idea in such an enlightened age of science and rational thought? Intelligent design is not rational, it is denial. Evolution and the rest of the "LOL DARWINIAC" theories have the backing of dozens of highly intelligent individuals. Intelligent design, however, has merely the backing of those claiming adherence to a faith.

And people are willing to insult each other and pose as other persons to try and convince the other side now. This is sickening. Go away, all of you crazies. I can't stand listening to your poison anymore.

And who, exactly is forcing you to read this board?? If you dont LIKE what is posted then dont read the threads..pure and simple..or would you rather any dissenting or opposing opinion be supressed completely? Yes, the OP is wrong for his post, although I doubt Anyone actually thought it was leClaire after the first sentence..however, he IS garunteed the right to speak, without being supressed or censored (Although, since this is a private board, posters MUST remain within certain code of conduct Guidelines)... THIS is how debate happens..the problem is when one side begins ad hominem attacks aganst the dissenting side. This is a problem on BOTH sides of the issue..rather than reasoned debate, personal attacks ensue..the ID supporters are firmly entrenced, as are the Evolutionists, NEITHER are going to change each other's minds, so they resort to insulting each other's intelligence....usually with FAR more vitriol and vehemence than any would have the intestinal fortitude to exhibit in person.

Guest 2smart4u

I'm back one more time.

As I stated previously, The Darwiniacs (I love that) are a dying breed. Science is leading us away from the notion that all living things evolved from soup. The fossil record DOES NOT support macro evolution. NOT ONE transitional fossil has been found anywhere in the world dispite extensive digs. Think about that; if all the living creatures of the world came from a common ancestor, we should be tripping over transitional fossils, yet there are none. Paleontology in Darwin's time was primitive so we can understand his naivety. Also, now that we can see cell make-up at the molecular level, we know how incredibly complicated living tissue is and the impossibility of a "blind" nature designing it all by accident.

Consider this analogy; Imagine evolution (natural selection) designing a jet airliner. The jet won't fly until all the parts are designed correctly and they are all in their correct places. And of course, until all the correctly designed parts have evolved in their correct places (billions of years ??) this creature is non-functional and won't fly (won't live). (was does this say for "survival of the fittest") As impossible as this anology is, that's how impossible it would be for blind evolution to design a cell (I won't even get into designing a bacterial motor or an eye).

So, this is what the Darwiniacs have; absolutely NO fossil record and impossible evolutionary theories.

Excellent ! Written so that even strife and calybos can understand the fallacy of macro evolution.

I'm back one more time.

As I stated previously, The Darwiniacs (I love that) are a dying breed.

As was pointed out each time you said this, you are making it up. There is no significant 'movement' happening from evolution to ID, no matter how much you insist there is.

Of course, I'd be glad to be proven wrong. Can you back up what you say, or are you going to dodge again?

Science is leading us away from the notion that all living things evolved from soup.

Your parroting of Hovind's nonsense (the man seems incapable of even understanding anything above the level of an elementary school textbook), which is an oversimplification of science that isn't even directly attached to the Theory of Evolution itself (the ToE explains not how life began, but how it progressed after it began), pretty much shows just how ignorant you are of the actual science.

The fossil record DOES NOT support macro evolution. NOT ONE transitional fossil has been found anywhere in the world dispite extensive digs.  Think about that;  if all the living creatures of the world came from a common ancestor, we should be tripping over transitional fossils, yet there are none.

*yawn* More old creationist claims, long debunked.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC200.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC200_1.html

Paleontology in Darwin's time was primitive so we can understand his naivety. Also, now that we can see cell make-up at the molecular level, we know how incredibly complicated living tissue is and the impossibility of a "blind" nature designing it all by accident.

Argument from incredulity ("impossible?" That's a good one) plus a straw man (evolution is not a function of mere chance). Doubly fallacious.

Consider this analogy; Imagine  evolution (natural selection) designing a jet airliner. *snip*

I'll stop you right here--not only has the "blind watchmaker" analogy already been thoroughly debunked, but you idiots still seem to think it makes sense to compare something like a plane or watch, inanimate objects, to organic matter, living things.

*snipped more references to the above fallacies* You creationists...can't even keep track of your own massive logical failures. From stuff like this, to the insistence that creationism/ID is scientific even after it's been clearly shown in court to be nothing but religion in disguise, it's all the same kind of thing. Your tenacity is admirable, but your ignorance is staggering.

i am sick too about people complaining about stupid things like the boy scouts saying that we are gay and just gay people get in involved you people are wrong we not gay we are just normal people like you the boy scouts teaches kids about life get ur kids in the scouts could boys scouts or cub scouts or girl scouts whatever we are normal  people ok :angry:

Where did this come from? Seriously off-topic. :blink: Can't help but wonder what drove this person to post this here of all places, as opposed to making a new thread or something. Totally random. :huh: