Baseball in Kearny - no 13 or 14 year old league ?

Guest Guest

I was informed at the end of the Pony League season that there would be no more Pony League in Kearny. From my understanding, the town had taken over the league since it said the funds were mismanaged? Heard the abolished the "Pony League"?

Usually in the fall there are tryouts for the 13 and 14 year olds trying out and this year there was nothing.

What are the baseball players in this town expected to do? Go to other towns to play ?

Would like to hear from anyone with information on it? Its not fare to the kids in this town since there have been good players coming out of Kearny.

Guest ~guest~
I was informed at the end of the Pony League season that there would be no more Pony League in Kearny. From my understanding, the town had taken over the league since it said the funds were mismanaged?  Heard the abolished the "Pony League"?

Usually in the fall there are tryouts for the 13 and 14 year olds trying out and this year there was nothing.

What are the baseball players in this town expected to do?  Go to other towns to play ?

Would like to hear from anyone with information on it?  Its not fare to the kids in this town since there have been good players coming out of Kearny.

Is this being run now through the rec department?

• 1 month later...
Guest guest
I was informed at the end of the Pony League season that there would be no more Pony League in Kearny. From my understanding, the town had taken over the league since it said the funds were mismanaged?  Heard the abolished the "Pony League"?

What are the baseball players in this town expected to do?  Go to other towns to play ?

Would like to hear from anyone with information on it?  Its not fare to the kids in this town since there have been good players coming out of Kearny.

Paul LaClair decided that Pony League was violating Matthew's rights.

Actually the Christians in Kearny got together and decided that there were too many non-Christians in that league, and some of the kids, teenagers, were already doing bad things like saying curse words and looking at girls.

Kids that age should be in church, period. Baseball is a bad influence, with suspect role models like those drug users Barry Bonds and Mark McGuire. Plus baseball promotes drinking, which is a sin.

So the pony leagues were banned because of their non-Christian influence.

Guest Keep Baseball alive in Kearny

The towns recreation department needs to find ways of getting the word out of what programs are available to the people. A good portion of the adults moving in and around the town are of so many nationalities that posting it once in English in a paper does very little to promote it. Could they please continue posting of where and when and who to call in all the local newpapers. Even in the Spanish speaking papers. To see these fields empty when they should be filled doesn't do anyone any good.

Guest Guest
The towns recreation department needs to find ways of getting the word out of what programs are available to the people.  A good portion of the adults moving in and around the town are of so many nationalities that posting it once in English in a paper does very little to promote it.  Could they please continue posting of where and when and who to call in all the local newpapers. Even in the Spanish speaking papers.  To see these fields empty when they should be filled doesn't do anyone any good.

Every school received notices that we're given out to all students regarding sign-up times and locations

Guest Guest
Pretty much sums up the attitude of a lot of idiots on this forum.

Also, to KOTW: one can say "B**ch" and even "son of a B**ch" on broadcast television without being bleeped. Why is that word bleeped here? Isn't that a bit excessive?

Such a whiner.