Speaking of God

Stixx3969

I just find this interesting. The Colts won tonite, great game too. Both the Colts owner and coach first wanted to thank the Lord for thier victory. Is that what god really cares about? Who gets in to the super bowl? We still have war and famine along with so many "real" problems but all god is worried about is who wins a football game? I love football, but at the end of the day it's just a game.

So C'mon God ...get with it.

I just find this interesting. The Colts won tonite, great game too. Both the Colts owner and coach first wanted to thank the Lord for thier victory. Is that what god really cares about? Who gets in to the super bowl? We still have war and famine along with so many "real" problems but all god is worried about is who wins a football game? I love football, but at the end of the day it's just a game.

Reminds me of this:

Some sports I can't watch on TV. I don't mind the games -- I don't like the interview after the game. Because the winning players always give credit to God while the losing players blame themselves. Just once I'd like to hear a player say, "Yeah, we were in the game -- until Jesus made me fumble!

:angry:

I think it's part of the childlike dependency that the indoctrination commonly depends on, often even stated overtly--telling you that you're nothing without god. So, psychologically it makes people tend to "thank God!" for good stuff but always think about what failures _they_ are when they mess up. It's a dangerous state to be in...the kind of state that at its 'peak' makes people like Phelps happy when US soldiers die in Iraq.

Guest Steve_C

Why does god hate the south?

God is for the Colts. Isn't that obvious? God hates the losing team. He makes them play poorly.

BORING .