South Kearny Poilce Station

Guest Sgt. Neg

What is going on with the South Kearny Poilce Station?

I hear that OSHA was there about the faulty construction?

Is it true that the building is going to be closed?

The building needs to be knocked down, if it doesn't fall down on it's own.

First the Town is going to give Neglia a raise and than they'll charge the town a fortune to say what is needed and to oversee the repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

First the Town is going to give Neglia a raise and than they'll charge the town a fortune to say what is needed and to oversee the repairs.

I heard the building needs to be vacated, any thoughts? Wasn't that just built about 6 or 7 years ago???

As of today the station house in south kearny is out of service.

the police and fire had to move out to  rened building in south kearny

Hmm then Why did i drive past there last night, and see the lights on, cars in the parking lot, and a fire engine through the windows???

A public building financed mainly through private funds which is falling apart after

only eight years. Chris Christie's office might be interested in taking a look at that

public project.

A public building financed mainly through private funds which is falling apart after

only eight years. Chris Christie's office might be interested in taking a look at that

public project.

At least get the facts straight. It is has been in use 10+ years.

Also, I believe the town will explore or has already filed suit against the entities involved in the construction.

...he did say TODAY...not last night

Right.. Ok..well that was on 3 Feb..and gee i passed the station again LAST night (Feb 6th) and the lights were on, cars in the lot and Fire engines visible through the garage door windows..So much for the KOTW "Inside Info" Line....

<_<

It will close on Feb 9 07 at 08:00!  Very sad but true.

Amazing....Now the question remains..WHAT is the Town going to do? Will they attempt to repair the existing building,? Are they going to raze it, and rebuild on that site?, Will they just leave it there as a monument to the fiinal boondoggle of the Vartan Administration, and keep renting the new building from River Terminal in perpetuity? I realize MOST people forget that South Kearny even exists, but the businesses down there pay a LOT of taxes..and what do they get from this town for that?? Roads that look like corduroy, and the barest minimum of services that the town can get away with providing..Cops and Firemen who's nearest backup from Town is 8-10 minutes away, and also no ambulance in the area. This town has always ignored South Kearny, and treated it it like a Red-Headed Stepchild, and as a result Huge amounts of business (you know..the things that pay taxes and reduce OUR taxs up here???) have moved to Newark, Jersey City, and other locations. If you Build it They will come...in Kearny's case it's "If you let it deteriorate and stagnate..NOONE will come".

Eight years, ten years, twenty three years, fourty seven years... the time is

irrelevant. The only fact that you need to get straight is that this building is

collapsing, it is sinking, it is falling apart, it is crumbling, it is hazardous, it is

danngerous and lastly it is a travesty. Approximately, two million dollars wasted.

Eight years, ten years, twenty three years, fourty seven years... the time is

irrelevant. The only fact that you need to get straight is that this building is

collapsing, it is sinking, it is falling apart, it is crumbling, it is hazardous, it is

danngerous and lastly it is a travesty. Approximately, two million dollars wasted.

Actually the REAL Travesty is how long it's taken since the building became dangerous, for the Town to actually DO something about it. Lets face it, if OSHA hadnt come in, those guys would be living and working in that building until the roof fell in on them. Yet after they closed the Police Side of the bulding because it was too "dangerous", the town STILL did nothing for how long? Then all of a sudden, the decision was made and they tried to do everything in less than a week to get everyone moved...

:ninja: What about Neglia? They help build it and now they will take it down and build it again for how much. Thiefs go to jail, but Neglia makes more of our money!!! :ph34r:

Guest pantsonfire
Amazing....Now the question remains..WHAT is the Town going to do?  Will they attempt to repair the existing building,?  Are they going to raze it, and rebuild on that site?, Will they just leave it there as a monument to the fiinal boondoggle of the Vartan Administration, and keep renting the new building from River Terminal in perpetuity?  I realize MOST people forget that South Kearny even exists, but the businesses down there pay a LOT of taxes..and what do they get from this town for that??  Roads that look like corduroy, and the barest minimum of services that the town can get away with providing..Cops and Firemen who's nearest backup from Town is 8-10 minutes away, and also no ambulance in the area.  This town has always ignored South Kearny, and treated it it like a Red-Headed Stepchild, and as a result Huge amounts of business (you know..the things that pay taxes and reduce OUR taxs up here???) have moved to Newark, Jersey City, and other locations.  If you Build it They will come...in Kearny's case it's "If you let it deteriorate and stagnate..NOONE will come".

Hey...watch that....I am a re headed stepchild. And who is this NOONE guy? And why is he coming to Kearny? Why would anyone come here? :wub::wub::angry::angry::angry::(

Guest pulltheotherone
:ninja: What about Neglia? They help build it and now they will take it down and build it again for how much. Thiefs go to jail, but Neglia makes more of our money!!! :ph34r:

:ninja::ph34r: I've been to Neglia, it is a small impoverished country, and they have no means to rebuild Station 4. So I think that you should leave them alone, most of their firemen and police don't even have shoes to wear. And if Neglia can make money, that is illegal here, even if they are good copies. I think If we ask, NOONE will go to Neglia and run the country for them. And this Guest family is large too, I think they should contribute to the fund also. Just ask Capt. Pickles from the fire department, he knows the score. :huh::wub::huh::wub::huh::blink::wub:

Guest Rank and File

It is amazing to me that so much attention is being given to the South Kearny Building by the $100,000.00 plus per year club now that they did not get what they wanted in terms of a raise by the current council (who by the way were not seated when the building was constructed ten years ago but who have taken action against the builders and engineers involved in its erection). Greed has no shame!

B)

Amazing....Now the question remains..WHAT is the Town going to do?  Will they attempt to repair the existing building,?  Are they going to raze it, and rebuild on that site?, Will they just leave it there as a monument to the fiinal boondoggle of the Vartan Administration, and keep renting the new building from River Terminal in perpetuity?  I realize MOST people forget that South Kearny even exists, but the businesses down there pay a LOT of taxes..and what do they get from this town for that??  Roads that look like corduroy, and the barest minimum of services that the town can get away with providing..Cops and Firemen who's nearest backup from Town is 8-10 minutes away, and also no ambulance in the area.  This town has always ignored South Kearny, and treated it it like a Red-Headed Stepchild, and as a result Huge amounts of business (you know..the things that pay taxes and reduce OUR taxs up here???) have moved to Newark, Jersey City, and other locations.  If you Build it They will come...in Kearny's case it's "If you let it deteriorate and stagnate..NOONE will come".

:)

What is going on in South Kearny with the Police and Fire building? Where are the Police and Firefighters?

Guest KOTW HOW LONG TO POST?

<_<

It is amazing to me that so much attention is being given to the South Kearny Building by the $100,000.00 plus per year club now that they did not get what they wanted in terms of a raise by the current council (who by the way were not seated when the building was constructed ten years ago but who have taken action against the builders and engineers involved in its erection).  Greed has no shame!

:angry::angry::angry: What is going on in South Kearny with the Police and Fire building?

Why are you KOTW not putting up post about this. I used two now three different names to post with. Will you post this one.

:lol:

:angry:  :angry:  :angry: What is going on in South Kearny with the Police and Fire building?

Why are you KOTW not putting up post about this. I used two now three different names to post with. Will you post this one.

The building has been deemed unsafe, so the Town has rented space from River Terminal to hosue them for the next 3 years (whith the option of another 2 years) until the situation with the facility is resolved. The REALLY pathetic, and frankly amuzing thing is that this building was built because the Original Police and Fire buildong on Rt 1&9 was Condemned, and unuseable..subsequently, 10 years later, the "New" Building is condemned, and falling down, and the original building is still there, and for sale...go figure.