bluetide bball

Guest guest

Guest Tide fan
hey whats up with the boys high school basketball team gettin beat by 20 and 30 every game?  are they that bad?

The team only has one junior and no seniors. They are playing with mostly 10th graders and a freshman on a varsity level. They would be outstanding if they played on their own level. These boys play hard and give 110% at every game. Maybe if you came to a game and supported them you would see for yourself. Please don't put these kids down they work and practice very hard. It is like boys playing grown men. Wait a few years and the scores will be reversed. Please come out and support all our teams. Athletics keeps kids off the streets and out of trouble.

they have no talent. It's a wonder they dont get beat by more. The kids arent the same atheltes that harrison had. This is the first year of a string of bad ones for Harrison athletics. The little league dropped off years ago, and these are the same group. Not much hope for harrison athletics. kid's dont play with the heart that true harison athletes play with.

The team only has one junior and no seniors. They are playing with mostly 10th graders and a freshman on a varsity level.  They would be outstanding if they played on their own level.  These boys play hard and give 110% at every game.  Maybe if you came to a game and supported them you would see for yourself. Please don't put these kids down they work and practice very hard.  It is like boys playing grown men.  Wait a few years and the scores will be reversed.  Please come out and support all our teams.  Athletics keeps kids off the streets and out of trouble.

why get so defensive? no one put the kids down. just wondering why the scores are so unbalanced? also why did that kid **** quit the team again? or did he get kicked off?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Their coach is a McDonough.  Enough said.

Congratulations Mr. (I Hate) Harrison for setting the record in asshole comments.

Everything is connected with your hatred of the Mayor.

The present coach is Hudson County's all time leading scorer ,male or female.She was All State, first team .all groups ,Honorable mention All American.She Played D1 college basketball on a full scholarship.She has a Masters'Degree in EducationShe is willing to put herself on the line for little or next to nothing !0 out of twelve monthe of the year .You know summer leaagues ,camps etc.

The high school is begging for qualified coaches.They are lucky to have one with those qualifications.

Still she has to endure criticism from someone like you who knows nothing,does nothing and whose only claim to fame is you own a P.C.

The only problem Coach Mc Donough has is she doesn't have players as good as she was.

Continue to wallow in you self loathing existence .

Their coach is a McDonough.  Enough said.

Congratulations Mr. (I Hate) Harrison for setting the record in asshole comments.

The present coach is Hudson County's all time leading scorer ,male or female.She was All State, first team .all groups ,Honorable mention All American.She Played D1 college basketball on a full scholarship.She has a Masters'Degree in EducationShe is willing to put herself on the line for little or next to nothing !0 out of twelve monthe of the year .You know summer leaagues ,camps etc.

The high school is begging for qualified coaches.They are lucky to have one with those qualifications.

Still she has to endure criticism from someone like you who knows nothing,does nothing and whose only claim to fame is you own a P.C.

The only problem Coach Mc Donough has is she doesn't have players as good as she was.

They should get Jack Rodgers back for the coach. When Jack was there they always had a good basketball team due to his great coaching skills. If he comes back, the team will start winning again. When a team s**ks it is because the coach isn't coaching right.

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*
They should get Jack Rodgers back for the coach. When Jack was there they always had a good basketball team due to his great coaching skills. If he comes back, the team will start winning again. When a team s**ks it is because the coach isn't coaching right.

How old is Jack the Brat? What background did he have in basketball? Wasn't he a tennis " Want to Be " once upon a time at the courts! He should have been the Cheerleaders Coach. He had more of an inclination to Cheerleaders! Does anyone

remember?

hey whats up with the boys high school basketball team gettin beat by 20 and 30 every game?  are they that bad?

Brings to mind 56'-57' season.......0-22. As a matter of fact in Sayerville we only scored 2 points in the first half and the coach, Shields, walked off and we coached ourselves the second half.....Some things never change....thank God for soccer.

SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT GOOD PLAYERS DONT ALWAYS MAKE GOOD COACHES.

Guest Ex-Blue Tide Cager from the 70&#
they have no talent. It's a wonder they dont get beat by more. The kids arent the same atheltes that harrison had. This is the first year of a string of bad ones for Harrison athletics. The little league dropped off years ago, and these are the same group. Not much hope for harrison athletics. kid's dont play with the heart that true harison athletes play with.

C'mon. Sometimes people cross the line here. Now you're bashing High School kids. Seems like they're playing with underclassmen. That explains alot. They gotta take their lumps before they get better. If they stink in 2 years then maybe you can open your mouth.

Guest Cgaer from the 70's
How old is Jack the Brat? What background did he have in basketball? Wasn't he a tennis " Want to Be " once upon a time at the courts! He should have been the Cheerleaders Coach. He had more of an inclination to Cheerleaders! Does anyone

remember?

I played for Rodg when he coached the boys, back in the day. He was tough. very tough. He yelled a lot. But you know what? He got results. He brought out the best in each of his players. And if you talk to most people who played for him, they would tell you the same thing. He couldn't play the game (he'd be the first to admit that), but he knew the game well and he could sure coach it. I was proud to play for him.

^this is obviously an idiot!!! You can only coach with the cards you are dealt,

Pat Riley couldn't win a game with the talent she has to deal with.

Brings to mind 56'-57' season.......0-22. As a matter of fact in Sayerville we only scored 2 points in the first half and the coach, Shields, walked off and we coached ourselves the second half.....Some things never change....thank God for soccer.

Except now the kids walk out when the chips are down!

She and her assistant make it known that they want out. They demean they're own players-they defend themselves with, "we have no talent!!!". so who is kiding who?- A good coach, like her predecessor, never blamed the kids. He didnt have talent. He went 2 wins and thirty or so loses a couple years ago, and never said "the kids.."- that's a class act.

A coach get's too much credit, and too much blame. Deal with it. And point the finger at only yourself as Rodg. and T.F did.

Yes We Know it is Not Her Fault She is A McDumb.....

Don't put people down for who their family is!  Would you want others to judge you for your family?  I am sure you wouldn't like people to do that to you.

Are you kidding me? Then answer why the politicians go after family members when they can't get the person whom they really want to get. If your pissed off, now you see how it feels.

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*
I played for Rodg when he coached the boys, back in the day.  He was tough.  very tough.  He yelled a lot.  But you know what?  He got results.  He brought out the best in each of his players.  And if you talk to most people who played for him, they would tell you the same thing.  He couldn't play the game (he'd be the first to admit that), but he knew the game well and he could sure coach it.  I was proud to play for him.

Are you a moron, or have you spent too much time at Disney?

Here is a few paragraphs that I wrote about six months ago. Like I said then, she should not have gotten the job. End of story.

It is easy to get a job in Harrison (whether teaching or coaching) when you family runs the show. Go out in the real world and prove that you can make it on your own. There is the easy way to do things (i.e. let your family get you a job) and there is the hard way. Going out, paying your dues, and proving to people who do not give you the benefit of the doubt. There is no way that she would have gotten a varsity men's basketball coaching job anywhere else in NJ. It simply would not have happened. I think she is a good kid. But, I am disappointed that she took the easy way out. You can't make a difference in Harrison. The town is dead. Take a good look at the students and you will see that most of them will amount to nothing. That is why the state is about to take over. It is a shame but it is true.

Keep giving teaching jobs to family members and eventually the system will come crashing down. It is and has always been a recipe for disaster. In the last ten years, how many J.D., MBA., PHD, and/or graduate students have graduated from HHS. I would guess less than two percent. I am not talking about getting some bullshit masters degree in teaching from Jersey City State. I am talking about an advanced degree. I would like to see the statistics on that.