TAx haha

Guest taxman

You all voted for these guys...HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR NEW TAX BILL???????

I don't understand. I recently moved to Harrison last year and never got a tax bill for November. Officials said it will be mailed to me. Now it is almost February and I will be getting two tax bills. One for Nov. and one for Feb. I never seen this before. Also I must say I was informed of this website by a neighbor. It sounds like a great grapevine.

First and foremost, welcome to Harrison. Prepare to be screwed from now on.

The November tax bills were delayed because McDonough did not want you to see it before you went to the polls and voted him back into office for another 4 years.

The reason it's taking this long is because Danny Choffo, I mean Al Cifelli (the town's tax assesor) hasn't come up with the numbers yet.

And what is the town doing about it? Nothing because they don't care that we will have to pay a double tax bill in February. For some people, that's about $10,000.00.

McDonough said they were mailed December 27th. It's now January 5th, where are they Ray!?

I think mine may have been mailed to my shore house...

The reason it's taking this long is because Danny Choffo, I mean Al Cifelli (the town's tax assesor) hasn't come up with the numbers yet.

Not surprised that Choffo is on the Town payroll. It was just a matter of time with his best friend/boy friend Doran.

Guest Harrison Homeowner
First and foremost, welcome to Harrison.  Prepare to be screwed from now on.

The November tax bills were delayed because McDonough did not want you to see it before you went to the polls and voted him back into office for another 4 years.

And what is the town doing about it?  Nothing because they don't care that we will have to pay a double tax bill in February.  For some people, that's about $10,000.00.

McDonough said they were mailed December 27th.  It's now January 5th, where are they Ray!?

I think mine may have been mailed to my shore house...

Very true - McDonough surely doesn't care because he owns no property in town.

In speaking with an employee of the Tax Office, I was told the tax bills will be mailed out on Monday, January 8, 2007.

The fourth quarter tax bills (which were due 11/1) must be paid by February 2 and the tax bill due February 1, must be paid by February 12.

Isn't it amazing that it took the town 2 months to mail out the fourth quarter tax bill and homeowners only have 2 weeks to pay it.

Guest BlueTideBacker
Very true - McDonough surely doesn't care because he owns no property in town.

In speaking with an employee of the Tax Office, I was told the tax bills will be mailed out on Monday, January 8, 2007.

The fourth quarter tax bills (which were due 11/1) must be paid by February  2 and the tax bill due February 1, must be paid by February 12.

Isn't it amazing that it took the town 2 months to mail out the fourth quarter tax bill and homeowners only have 2 weeks to pay it.

Keep in mind that part of that 4.5% tax increase is due to the $40,000,000 borrowed to move some dirt around for the Red Bulls. Payments for Harrison's debt service (what they owe) comes right out of the annual town budget, whick we all pay. Thank God we have Ray looking out for us.

Keep in mind that part of that 4.5% tax increase is due to the $40,000,000 borrowed to move some dirt around for the Red Bulls. Payments for Harrison's debt service (what they owe) comes right out of the annual town budget, whick we all pay. Thank God we have Ray looking out for us.

The taxes in this town are getting to be crazy. It's hard to afford to live in this town anymore. Our taxes are almost the same as people who live in

the burbs. I hear that some people might have to sell their homes.

How much rent can you possibly charge tenants to keep up with your

mortage and tax payments. People are already paying a mortage as a

rent payment. To bad salaries do not go up enough to keep up with all

the tax increases and water bills. It seems everything increases yearly

but our paychecks.

Harrison's taxes are more than those of us living in the burbs. I 'm only 25 minutes from Harrison & my property taxes are less than $6,000. For that I have a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house on 1/2 an acre with some of the best public schools in the state. Thank God I got out when I did. Everyone else should too.

The taxes in this town are getting to be crazy.  It's hard to afford to live in this town anymore.  Our taxes are almost the same as people who live in

the burbs.  I hear that some people might have to sell their homes.

How much rent can you possibly charge tenants to keep up with your

mortage and tax payments.  People are already paying a mortage as a

rent payment.  To bad salaries do not go up enough to keep up with all

the tax increases and water bills.  It seems everything increases yearly

but our paychecks.

I HAVE BEACHFONT PROPERTY, 16 ROOMS, IN LONG BEACH ISLAND AND MY TAXES ARE LESS THAN 10 THOUSAND AND I WAKE UP TO THE OCEAN EVERY DAY. THANSK FOR THE GOOD TIMES HARRISON

Harrison's taxes are more than those of us living in the burbs.  I 'm only 25 minutes from Harrison & my property taxes are less than $6,000.  For that I have a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house on 1/2 an acre with some of the best public schools in the state.  Thank God I got out when I did.  Everyone else should too.

Harrison's taxes are more than those of us living in the burbs.  I 'm only 25 minutes from Harrison & my property taxes are less than $6,000.  For that I have a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house on 1/2 an acre with some of the best public schools in the state.  Thank God I got out when I did.  Everyone else should too.

I hear ya!!! me too, my taxes are half of what Harrisons are, and I too have a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths on an Acre of land. Nobody hears us fart!!!!! LOL. My town has some of the best schools in NJ. and I have to say it's wonderful going shopping and taking a drive where mostly everyone speaks and understands the English language... and the Mayor of my town lives around the corner from me in his own HOME... He comes around all the time in our neighborhoods, not just at election time. So wake up all you Harriosonians.... there is light at the end of the tunnel, you just won't find it staying in Harrison

If you live someware other than harrison ,why are you on this harrison site, bored with llife and no interest in the town you are living in , so sad, so sad..........................

I hear ya!!! me too, my taxes are half of what Harrisons are, and I too have a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths on an Acre of land. Nobody hears us fart!!!!! LOL.  My town has some of the best schools in NJ. and I have to say it's wonderful going shopping and taking a drive where mostly everyone speaks and understands the English language...  and the Mayor of my town lives around the corner from me in his own HOME...  He comes around all the time in our neighborhoods, not just at election time.  So wake up all you Harriosonians.... there is light at the end of the tunnel, you just won't find it staying in Harrison

We're in an over 55 community in Berkeley with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, livng room, dining room, kitchen, tv room and a garage on 120x 60. Yes, we own the land too and our annual taxes are $2200 with an additional $280 sewage bill. Our monthly maintenance bill is $27 for which we get a pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, grass cutting and snow removal on our driveway. The house is about 25 years old (new) and we bought it two years ago for $162,000. AND, we're a ten minute ride from the beach!

I hear ya!!! me too, my taxes are half of what Harrisons are, and I too have a house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths on an Acre of land. Nobody hears us fart!!!!! LOL.  My town has some of the best schools in NJ. and I have to say it's wonderful going shopping and taking a drive where mostly everyone speaks and understands the English language...  and the Mayor of my town lives around the corner from me in his own HOME...  He comes around all the time in our neighborhoods, not just at election time.  So wake up all you Harriosonians.... there is light at the end of the tunnel, you just won't find it staying in Harrison

AFTER A LONG CAREER IN hARRISON, WE MOVED TO SOUTHERN OCEAN COUNTY. THE AIR IS CLEAR, THE BEACHES ARE NICE, THE PINELANDS ARE GREAT, AND MY HOUSE WAS JUST RE-EVALUATED AND i'M GETTING A 1,000 TAX DECREASE FOR A HOME THAT IS 5 YEARS OLD. i HAVE 3 br'S 2BATHS, A SUNROOM, A LIVING ROOM, A FAMILY ROOM AND A 2 CAR GARAGE. aLTHOUGH i DON'T USE THE SCHOOLS, THEY ARE CONSIDERED THE BEST IN OCEAN COUNTY. AIN'T LIFE GREAT. :)

Guest Suburbia

It's great - I wasn't aware of how many people that moved out into the burbs paying those low taxes are still sooooooooooooooo concerned about wha't s going on in town. You can leave and talk your trash about Harrison - but I'm correct when saying that when things really do take off (redevelopment) all of you burbians will be telling all your co-workers that your from Harrison with that proud smile on your face. Why so involved if u left?

It's great - I wasn't aware of how many people that moved out into the burbs paying those low taxes are still sooooooooooooooo concerned about wha't s going on in town.  You can leave and talk your trash about Harrison - but I'm correct when saying that when things really do take off (redevelopment) all of you burbians will be telling all your co-workers that your from Harrison with that proud smile on your face.  Why so involved if u left?

Because where you grew up is always home, no matter where you might be living now. And of course home is where your heart is.You are always interested in what is going on at HOME and how it is changing for better or worse.

If you live someware other than harrison ,why are you on this harrison site, bored with llife and no interest in the town you are living in , so sad, so sad..........................

To put your little trashy wise mouth in place... I log on this site because as a former Harrisonion I still do care about the place I lived in for so long. But I as well I'm sure of others who have left, saw where Harrison was going and didn't want to be a part of it. It certainly has changed, nobody cares anymore... you don't know your neighbors and if you do, you hate them...

Believe me, I have interest in my new town and do just fine here. So I am not sad at all... why would I be. I have a beautiful home, with great neighbors who have treated me like I have been a part of the community forever. and best of all, my taxes are half of what you pay... if you even pay them at all. But then again, you may be part of the low class white trash people who live in the gardens, work for the town, and kiss the politicians butts to keep you where you are and will always stay.... so who is so sad, so sad... I'd say you are!!!!!!

It's great - I wasn't aware of how many people that moved out into the burbs paying those low taxes are still sooooooooooooooo concerned about wha't s going on in town.  You can leave and talk your trash about Harrison - but I'm correct when saying that when things really do take off (redevelopment) all of you burbians will be telling all your co-workers that your from Harrison with that proud smile on your face.  Why so involved if u left?

When you said "redevelopment" did you mean, Let's see how many people can we cram into a square mile?

The town that doesn't care about parking, taxes, schools or anything else except how a select few can stuff their pockets with money and not really care about the town. I would be embarrassed to say I'm from that town.

Guest Psychology Major
To put your little trashy wise mouth in place...  I log on this site because as a former Harrisonion I still do care about the place I lived in for so long.  But I as well I'm sure of others who have left, saw where Harrison was going and didn't want to be a part of it.  It certainly has changed, nobody cares anymore... you don't know your neighbors and if you do, you hate them...

Believe me, I have interest in my new town and do just fine here.  So I am not sad at all...  why would I be.  I have a beautiful home, with great neighbors who have treated me like I have been a part of the community forever.  and best of all, my taxes are half of what you pay... if you even pay them at all.  But then again, you may be part of the low class white trash people who live in the gardens, work for the town, and kiss the politicians butts to keep you where you are and will always stay.... so who is so sad, so sad... I'd say you are!!!!!!

Such anger !! My training tells me you live in Harrison and you're pouring your frustration out here because of your financial and personal condition. Your beautiful home in your new town with great neighbors is all in your mind and you know you'll probably never attain it, hence your anger. Did I nail it ??

AFTER A LONG CAREER IN hARRISON, WE MOVED TO SOUTHERN OCEAN COUNTY. THE AIR IS CLEAR, THE BEACHES ARE NICE, THE PINELANDS ARE GREAT, AND MY HOUSE WAS JUST RE-EVALUATED AND i'M GETTING A 1,000 TAX DECREASE FOR A HOME THAT IS 5 YEARS OLD. i HAVE 3 br'S 2BATHS, A SUNROOM, A LIVING ROOM, A FAMILY ROOM AND A 2 CAR GARAGE. aLTHOUGH i DON'T USE THE SCHOOLS, THEY ARE CONSIDERED THE BEST IN OCEAN COUNTY. AIN'T LIFE GREAT. :blink:

Yeah, but you can't tell me you don't miss all the fun up here. Driving around for ten minutes to find a parking space, a nice surprise every year with the tax bills, being told to shut up and sit down at council meetings, pay to play, a wonderful new foreign-owned soccer stadium paid for with our thankful taxpayers, seeing how many housing units we can cram into a square mile, watching our children wander around without a blade of grass to play on, AND, when all these new town houses are built, watching our schools explode. Now be honest, you don't have anything like this where you live. Eat your heart out !!

We're in an over 55 community in Berkeley with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, livng room, dining room, kitchen, tv room and a garage on 120x 60. Yes, we own the land too and our annual taxes are $2200 with an additional $280 sewage bill. Our monthly maintenance bill is $27 for which we get a pool, clubhouse, tennis courts, grass cutting and snow removal on our driveway. The house is about 25 years old (new) and we bought it two years ago for $162,000. AND, we're a ten minute ride from the beach!

i GUESS ALL THOSE YEARS LIVING IN THE GARDENS, WHERE YOU COULD SAVE FOR YOUR HOUSE IN BERKELY PAID OFF! CONGRATULATIONS!

Such anger !!  My training tells me you live in Harrison and you're pouring your frustration out here because of your financial and personal condition. Your beautiful home in your new town with great neighbors is all in your mind and you know you'll probably never attain it, hence your anger.  Did I nail it ??

Your training tells me you still live in Harrison, and have no way out.... I am not pouring anything out here, because my financial status is fine, and so is my personal condition. My beautiful home here, is just that... BEAUTIFUL... more than I can say about Harrison. I can walk out my door, and feel the freshness, and beauty of a community that is just that, still a community. One that still cares about it's children, and residents. Your just jealous, cause you are still there, and will always be there because as I said before, you OWE your life to the rotten politicians who run Harrison, not for the benefit of the residents, but for themselves.... So put that in your hat, and stuff it!!!!

Yeah, but you can't tell me you don't miss all the fun up here.  Driving around for ten minutes to find a parking space, a nice surprise every year with the tax bills, being told to shut up and sit down at council meetings, pay to play, a wonderful new foreign-owned soccer stadium paid for with our thankful taxpayers, seeing how many housing units we can cram into a square mile, watching our children wander around without a blade of grass to play on,  AND,  when all these new town houses are built, watching our schools explode.  Now be honest, you don't have anything like this where you live.  Eat your heart out !!

Then why would anyone of sane mind stay in Harrison? High taxes, no parking,no fresh air, abbott schools, distressed city, political patronage, etc. I know why certain people stay, it's because they can't cut the cord. They fed at the public trawel for so long, they would be very insecure and have anxiety attacks if they left. Right JT? :blink:

most of harrisons problems come from the gardens. what a name, the gardens... such an oxymoron. should be called the dumps.

and i'll join you in your new hot tub as soon as I go pick up my jaguar - give me a few minutes