It's 2AM do you care where your kids are

KHS81

Back in the 1980's Fox news channel 5 started the catch phrase " It's 10pm do you know where your children are", Today's catch phrase should read " It's 2am do you care where your children are". It's become apparent that while the majority of the area's parents do in fact care about their childrens whereabouts, there are still those parents that either have no clue or just don't care that their kids are " Hanging out" at 1am - 3am on Kearny's side streets. There is no reason why any child 14 - 17 years old should be on the street at this hour. I have seen an increase in this behavior over the course of the last month on the south end of town. I remember at one time Kearny having a curfew it was either 10pm or 11pm. The curfew was mainly enforced on Kearny ave only it's high time the KPD start enforcing this on the side streets.

Back in the 1980's Fox news channel 5 started the catch phrase " It's 10pm do you know where your children are", Today's catch phrase should read " It's 2am do you care where your children are". It's become apparent that while the majority of the area's parents do in fact care about their childrens whereabouts, there are still those parents that either have no clue or just don't care that their kids are " Hanging out" at 1am - 3am on Kearny's side streets. There is no reason why any child 14 - 17 years old should be on the street at this hour. I have seen an increase in this behavior over the course of the last month on the south end of town. I remember at one time Kearny having a curfew it was either 10pm or 11pm. The curfew was mainly enforced on Kearny ave only it's high time the KPD start enforcing this on the side streets.

Personally, I think a curfew is a great idea, BUT that it shouldn't be legislated...I'm tired of seeing people wanting to pawn off the duties of parenting to government and legislation. Instead of starting the 'there oughta be a law' rant, I say parents should be more on top of what their kids are doing, and doing more parenting. It is not the cops' job to make sure your children are home at night.

Personally, I think a curfew is a great idea, BUT that it shouldn't be legislated...I'm tired of seeing people wanting to pawn off the duties of parenting to government and legislation. Instead of starting the 'there oughta be a law' rant, I say parents should be more on top of what their kids are doing, and doing more parenting. It is not the cops' job to make sure your children are home at night.

I agree with you, we should'nt have to create a law such as a curfew. However as I stated as of late I have seen minors wandering the street on the south end of Kearny at 2:00 am. Either the parents don't care, have no clue, or their working nights and have no idea where their children are or what their doing.

There's no reason for anyone, including legal adults to be "hanging out" from 1-3 AM on Kearny's side streets. It's rediculous to say that the curfew shouldn't extend to include legal adults, as there's no reason for them to be out there as well.

Hanging out" at 1am - 3am on Kearny's side streets. There is no reason why any child 14 - 17 years old should be on the street at this hour. I have seen an increase in this behavior over the course of the last month on the south end of town. I remember at one time Kearny having a curfew it was either 10pm or 11pm. The curfew was mainly enforced on Kearny ave only it's high time the KPD start enforcing this on the side streets.

Just don't hit any of them on your way home from the bar at 2am. Maybe there should be a Curfew/DWI checkpoint on the side streets.

Just don't hit any of them on your way home from the bar at 2am.  Maybe there should be a Curfew/DWI checkpoint on the side streets.

That would work for me if I hung out in bars, however I have better things to do like spend time with my family also i don't drink and drive ever. I do like the idea of putting a DWI checkpoint on Johnston Ave though. The liqour store down here will be open til 1:00am, betcha the KPD could pop a bunch of em

What is the point of enforcing a curfew thatgoes nowhere??? The Curfew has penalties for the parents if the kids violate it a certain number of times, up to a $1000.00 fine for the parents of repeat offenders..name ONE SINGLE TIME any pecuniary fines were ever administered as a result of Curfew violations. After taking the same kids home to mommy and daddy night after night, with NO action on the part of the town, what is the point of tying up assets to be a uniformed taxi service???