Kingdom of Heaven

Guest Believer

I read with dismay all the negative comments concerning christianity.  I'll pray for you all that you will experience the love of Jesus in your lives. God bless you.

Personally, I don't really have any negative feelings towards Christianity itself, but the people that use it as a crutch, and a weapon. Those are the people that I send all my negative comments out to.

My personal belief is that anyone can believe whatever they want, and I won't have a problem with it at all. Hell, I'll even sit down and talk to you about it. But as soon as you start forcing your beliefs on me, in any form, that's where you cross the line, and that's where you lose all respect I may have had for you.

And I'm sure a lot of the people here would agree with me on that one, too.

I read with dismay all the negative comments concerning christianity.  I'll pray for you all that you will experience the love of Jesus in your lives. God bless you.

We are all believers. No one believes nothing. Belief isn't limited to your beliefs.

I mean this sincerely: I know (assume) you're trying to be loving and kind, but you don't see your own arrogance. How do you know that any one of your fellows does not know love of the divine better than you do? You don't. Until you let go of that arrogance, you will never know what you think you know already and others do not.

You can't own God. There are no exceptions.

Namaste.

Dear Believer,

I think you must be ignorant of how your comments are taken and why some good people become offended by posts like yours. By letting everyone know that you will be praying for them puts you in the position of authority and advantage and that attitude PUTS PEOPLE OFF! Why must you let us know that you'll be doing this for our supposed benefit? (...Oh, we're so helpless that we need you....what a bunch of crap!) Can't you see how belittling this might be to someone who may not hold your views? If you need to pray for us, just do it on your own time, if you think it makes any difference) without broadcasting it. But no..you have to take a stab at us because really it makes YOU FEEL BETTER that you have a better plan for everyone....now...if they would only come around to your way of thinking. Admit it...doesn't it make YOU feel good that you let us know that you'll be praying for us...Oh helpless us!

It won't do any good for you to pray that someone else will find Jesus if they don't believe in him the first place. We're good people already! Please don't assume that what works for you works for all. THINK ABOUT IT. Stop being so damn preachy.

Have a little respect here please.

Greg

Guest an American in Texas

"I read with dismay all the negative comments concerning christianity." Well, Believer, we'd have less to be dismayed about if we took the faith back from Christianists like Paszkiewicz. We're pretty much in the same boat as sane Muslims -- as long as we don't loudly condemn fundamentalism and, through our actions, demonstrate God's love by respecting our fellow humans, we're going to get tarred with that brush ourselves. There's a reason that "Christian" has become synonomous with "looney tunes right-wing fanatic" in this country, and it's not some media conspiracy. It's because Christianists are loud, aggressive, obnoxious, and good at working "sexy" (I mean that literally as well as figuratively) issues, while ignoring poverty and injustice. Just take a look at the postings on this board -- far too many of the aggressive, illiterate posters self-identify as Christians.

We have no reason to be surprised that sensible people don't want to be associated with us. Our witness for Christ is terrible.

And by the way, I know you didn't mean to be offensive in any way and instead meant purely to convey loving concern as we do within our faith community, but many people are put off when we say, "I'll pray for you." They feel it's disrespectful (of their own beliefs) and condescending. Friends of mine who are atheist and Buddhist have explained their take on the matter, so I pray (for everyone here and for wisdom) without being "in their face' about it.

Leigh Williams

Austin, TX

Guest Keith Brown - Marhsall,Mo
"I read with dismay all the negative comments concerning christianity."  Well, Believer, we'd have less to be dismayed about if we took the faith back from Christianists like Paszkiewicz.  We're pretty much in the same boat as sane Muslims -- as long as we don't loudly condemn fundamentalism and, through our actions, demonstrate God's love by respecting our fellow humans, we're going to get tarred with that brush ourselves.  There's a reason that "Christian" has become synonomous with "looney tunes right-wing fanatic" in this country, and it's not some media conspiracy.  It's because Christianists are loud, aggressive, obnoxious, and good at working "sexy" (I mean that literally as well as figuratively) issues, while ignoring poverty and injustice.  Just take a look at the postings on this board -- far too many of the aggressive, illiterate posters self-identify as Christians. 

We have no reason to be surprised that sensible people don't want to be associated with us.  Our witness for Christ is terrible.

And by the way, I know you didn't mean to be offensive in any way and instead meant purely to convey loving concern as we do within our faith community, but many people are put off when we say, "I'll pray for you."  They feel it's disrespectful (of their own beliefs) and condescending.  Friends of mine who are atheist and Buddhist have explained their take on the matter, so I pray (for everyone here and for wisdom) without being "in their face' about it.

Leigh Williams

Austin, TX

Thank you Leigh, It is nice to hear from a rational Christain. The irrational ones are doing such harm to your cause. If I knew more people like you I would be more inclined to go back to church.