Adler versus Harrison Development Agency

Guest Harrison Resident

Guest Guest in the know
I wish Steve Adler good luck in his battle against the illegal land grab otherwise known as eminent domain.

Where were these people in 1998? He admitted he didn't attend hearings etc. because it was his belief it would never happen here in Harrison! Guess what, and check the recent Supreme Court ruling re: eminent domain!!! It's happening and IT'S LEGAL!!!!!

Where were these people in 1998? He admitted he didn't attend hearings etc. because it was his belief it would never happen here in Harrison! Guess what, and check the recent Supreme Court ruling re: eminent domain!!!  It's happening and IT'S LEGAL!!!!!

The public was not allowed to speak at meetings. Check the minutes. The meetings were held outside the Mayor's office before they were moved to the Water Department building (where is that? public meetings?). Just this month the Mayor cancelled the town meeting and held a redevelopment meeting (unadvertised) over at the Water Department building instead of the council chambers. It's easier to exchange envelopes over there.

Adler is going to win because the promises made in the transcripts before the DCA (Department of Community Affairs) made by Peter Higgins, Greg Castano clearly state that professionals were going to be the members of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency. They also promised and put in their resolution forming the agency that no more than 2 members would be elected officials or town employees. Adler can count to three: McDonough (mayor), Powell (employee,boss of McDonough as commissioner PVSC), Comprelli (employee), Pinho (employee), Fife (retired-Harrison Board of Education), Higgins (employee-HBE, consultant-HBE), Vaskis (employee). And Kowolski as Executive Director and brother in law of McDonough. Yeh! There is a lot of independence on this board.

The Supreme Court decision was wrong. All Gallipolli has to do is ask his former judge now the assignment judge in Essex for a copy of her decision in Bloomfield. In Bloomfield, the attorney had a conflict. In Harrison, the commissioners have conflicts, they violate their own ordinance, the DCA resolution, and representations made to the DCA; the lawyer is both the Town Attorney and the Board Attorney which violates the board's independence.

Clearly, Adler wins. Developers bye bye. Let my people free. Amaral, Adler, Fernandez, Comprelli, and other residential owners in the redevelopment zone. Join Adler and stop the madness.

Guest 2smart4u
The public was not allowed to speak at meetings.  Check the minutes.  The meetings were held outside the Mayor's office before they were moved to the Water Department building (where is that? public meetings?).  Just this month the Mayor cancelled the town meeting and held a redevelopment meeting (unadvertised) over at the Water Department building instead of the council chambers.  It's easier to exchange envelopes over there.

Adler is going to win because the promises made in the transcripts before the DCA (Department of Community Affairs) made by Peter Higgins, Greg Castano clearly state that professionals were going to be the members of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency.  They also promised and put in their resolution forming the agency that no more than 2 members would be elected officials or town employees.  Adler can count to three: McDonough (mayor), Powell (employee,boss of McDonough as commissioner PVSC), Comprelli (employee), Pinho (employee), Fife (retired-Harrison Board of Education), Higgins (employee-HBE, consultant-HBE), Vaskis (employee).  And Kowolski as Executive Director and brother in law of McDonough.  Yeh! There is a lot of independence on this board.

The Supreme Court decision was wrong.  All Gallipolli has to do is ask his former judge now the assignment judge in Essex for a copy of her decision in Bloomfield.  In Bloomfield, the attorney had a conflict.  In Harrison, the commissioners have conflicts, they violate their own ordinance, the DCA resolution, and representations made to the DCA; the lawyer is both the Town Attorney and the Board Attorney which violates the board's independence.

Clearly, Adler wins.  Developers bye bye.  Let my people free.  Amaral, Adler, Fernandez, Comprelli, and other residential owners in the redevelopment zone.  Join Adler and stop the madness.

After talking to Steve and my attorney ( who's familiar with the details), Steve wins in court. Anyone want to bet me ??

Guest Guest in the know
The public was not allowed to speak at meetings.  Check the minutes.  The meetings were held outside the Mayor's office before they were moved to the Water Department building (where is that? public meetings?).  Just this month the Mayor cancelled the town meeting and held a redevelopment meeting (unadvertised) over at the Water Department building instead of the council chambers.  It's easier to exchange envelopes over there.

Adler is going to win because the promises made in the transcripts before the DCA (Department of Community Affairs) made by Peter Higgins, Greg Castano clearly state that professionals were going to be the members of the Harrison Redevelopment Agency.  They also promised and put in their resolution forming the agency that no more than 2 members would be elected officials or town employees.  Adler can count to three: McDonough (mayor), Powell (employee,boss of McDonough as commissioner PVSC), Comprelli (employee), Pinho (employee), Fife (retired-Harrison Board of Education), Higgins (employee-HBE, consultant-HBE), Vaskis (employee).  And Kowolski as Executive Director and brother in law of McDonough.  Yeh! There is a lot of independence on this board.

The Supreme Court decision was wrong.  All Gallipolli has to do is ask his former judge now the assignment judge in Essex for a copy of her decision in Bloomfield.  In Bloomfield, the attorney had a conflict.  In Harrison, the commissioners have conflicts, they violate their own ordinance, the DCA resolution, and representations made to the DCA; the lawyer is both the Town Attorney and the Board Attorney which violates the board's independence.

Clearly, Adler wins.  Developers bye bye.  Let my people free.  Amaral, Adler, Fernandez, Comprelli, and other residential owners in the redevelopment zone.  Join Adler and stop the madness.

IN 1998, 1999 &2000 ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS WERE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS. I don't think the town even owned the Essex street garage (water dep't.). THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK AND NOT VERY MANY DID. ONLY CAMPBELL FOUNDRY OPPOSED BEING IN THE SECOND REDEVELOPMENT AREA AND THEY WERE EXCLUDED!!! None of the land owners mentioned in another post spoke, although several showed up. WHO CAN EXPLAIN THIS????

Further, many of these people purchased the properties at bargain basement prices, removed the ratables (producing less revenue) and made them parking lots (PRODUCING MORE TRAFFIC). Let's call it what it is; they were out for their benefit (who can blame them) AND CLEARLY NOT THE BENEFIT OF THE TOWN OR US THE TAXPAPERS!!!!

Guest 2smart4u
IN 1998, 1999 &2000 ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS WERE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS. I don't think the town even owned the Essex street garage (water dep't.). THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK AND NOT VERY MANY DID. ONLY CAMPBELL FOUNDRY OPPOSED BEING IN THE SECOND REDEVELOPMENT AREA AND THEY WERE EXCLUDED!!!  None of the land owners mentioned in another post spoke, although several showed up. WHO CAN EXPLAIN THIS????

Further, many of these people purchased the properties at bargain basement prices, removed the ratables (producing less revenue) and made them parking lots (PRODUCING MORE TRAFFIC). Let's call it what it is; they were out for their benefit (who can blame them) AND CLEARLY NOT THE BENEFIT OF THE TOWN OR US THE TAXPAPERS!!!!

After talking to Steve and my attorney (who's familiar with the details), Steve wins in court. Anyone want to bet me ??

IN 1998, 1999 &2000 ALL PUBLIC MEETINGS WERE HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS. I don't think the town even owned the Essex street garage (water dep't.). THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK AND NOT VERY MANY DID. ONLY CAMPBELL FOUNDRY OPPOSED BEING IN THE SECOND REDEVELOPMENT AREA AND THEY WERE EXCLUDED!!!  None of the land owners mentioned in another post spoke, although several showed up. WHO CAN EXPLAIN THIS????

Good to see the truth!!! These properties were and to this day are greatly underutilized in MOST CASES.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY "THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK", HOW THE HELL DOES THE PUBLIC KNOW THAT A MEETING IS TAKING PLACE PETE? WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? HOPE THAT THINGS WILL CHANGE AND YOU ARE OUT OF THIS REDEVELOPMENT COMMITTEEE, ALL YOU WANT IS THE FRINGE BENEFITS, THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT. NOBODY KNEW THAT THESE MEETINGS WERE GOING ON. AS I UNDERSTAND THERE WAS A TOWN COUNCIL MEETING ON MONDAY AT 5PM, HOW DID PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS MEETING? YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC DOING ONLY THE THINGS THAT BENEFIT YOU AND NOT THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SUPPOST TO BE WORKING FOR US THE TAXPAYING RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS OF THIS TOWN. SCREW WITH YOUR PATHETIC WRITINGS ABOUT THESE MEETINGS IT WILL ALL BE DONE SOON, ADLER WILL WIN AND SO WILL AMARAL AND THE REST OF THE EMINENT DOMAIN FIGHTERS. THERE WILL BE NO MORE LAND THAT THE HARRISON REALTY (DORAN) WILL HAVE TO BENEFIT FROM THEY ARE ONLY HERE FOR THEMSELVES, NOT THE PEOPLE, NOT FOR THE PEOPLE OR WITH THE PEOPLE THAT NEED IT.

IT'S A DONE DEAL , THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN SECURED AND THE ONLY THING NOW IS THE OWNERS WANT TO GO TO COURT TO GET MORE MONEY AFTER THE DEAL WAS CLOSED , THEY DON'T GIVE A SH## ABOUT HARRISONS REDEVELOPMENT AND ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT BLEEDING MORE MONEY FROM THE TAXPAYERS , SO BEFORE YOU CHAMPION THESE OUT OF STATE PROPERTY OWNERS WHO COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU AND THE TOWN OF HARRISON , REMEMBER THYE SOLD YOU OUT ALREADY NOW THEY A QUIBBLING ABOUT HOW MUCH MORE THEY CAN PUT IN THIER OWN POCKETS AND YOUR FUTURE MEANS NOTHING TO THEM.

how can adler win in court, its a done deal ,  the property has been claimed by redevelopment already, .......................

YOU THINK SO, DORAN (HARRISON REALTY) IS DYING FOR THESE DEALS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALOT TO GAIN OR LOSE, AFTERALL THEY ARE THE ONES CASHING IN SINCE THEY ARE THE MANAGING REALTOR FOR THESE PROPERTIES, THE RENT IS PAID TO THEM. THIEFS, WHY ARE NOT OTHER APPROCHED FOR THESE DEALS WHY IS IT ON HARRISON REALTY? NEPOTISM, CONFLICT OF INTEREST, BELIEVE ME THE NAME MIGHT BE UNDER CHOFFO BUT THE REAL OWNER IS DORAN, CONFLICT OF INTEREST, JUST LIKE THE LIQUOR LICENSE?????? HOW CLEVER OF YOU. GET YOUR DUBBLE DIPPING ASS OUT OF OUR TOWN OR PLEASE AT LEAST DONATE SOMETHING TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE HELPED JUST LIKE YOU WERE IN THE GARDENS, REMEMBER. SOME PEOPLE FORGET WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND CHOOSE ONLY TO TAKE INSTEAD OF GIVING.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY "THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED TO SPEAK", HOW THE HELL DOES THE PUBLIC KNOW THAT A MEETING IS TAKING PLACE PETE?  WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?  HOPE THAT THINGS WILL CHANGE AND YOU ARE OUT OF THIS REDEVELOPMENT COMMITTEEE, ALL YOU WANT IS THE FRINGE BENEFITS, THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT.  NOBODY KNEW THAT THESE MEETINGS WERE GOING ON.  AS I UNDERSTAND THERE WAS A TOWN COUNCIL MEETING ON MONDAY AT 5PM, HOW DID PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS MEETING? YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC DOING ONLY THE THINGS THAT BENEFIT YOU AND NOT THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SUPPOST TO BE WORKING FOR US THE TAXPAYING RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS OF THIS TOWN.  SCREW WITH YOUR PATHETIC WRITINGS ABOUT THESE MEETINGS IT WILL ALL BE DONE SOON, ADLER WILL WIN AND SO WILL AMARAL AND THE REST OF THE EMINENT DOMAIN FIGHTERS.  THERE WILL BE NO MORE LAND THAT THE HARRISON REALTY (DORAN) WILL HAVE TO BENEFIT FROM THEY ARE ONLY HERE FOR THEMSELVES, NOT THE PEOPLE, NOT FOR THE PEOPLE OR WITH THE PEOPLE THAT NEED IT.

Is the next coouncil meeting, Tuesday, Dec 5 at 7 pm; or when was it changed to ?

YOU THINK SO, DORAN (HARRISON REALTY) IS DYING FOR THESE DEALS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALOT TO GAIN OR LOSE, AFTERALL THEY ARE THE ONES CASHING IN SINCE THEY ARE THE MANAGING REALTOR FOR THESE PROPERTIES, THE RENT IS PAID TO THEM. THIEFS, WHY ARE NOT OTHER APPROCHED FOR THESE DEALS WHY IS IT ON HARRISON REALTY?  NEPOTISM, CONFLICT OF INTEREST, BELIEVE ME THE NAME MIGHT BE UNDER CHOFFO BUT THE REAL OWNER IS DORAN, CONFLICT OF INTEREST, JUST LIKE THE LIQUOR LICENSE?????? HOW CLEVER OF YOU. GET YOUR DUBBLE DIPPING ASS OUT OF OUR TOWN OR PLEASE AT LEAST DONATE SOMETHING TO THOSE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE HELPED JUST LIKE YOU WERE IN THE GARDENS, REMEMBER. SOME PEOPLE FORGET WHERE THEY CAME FROM AND CHOOSE ONLY TO TAKE INSTEAD OF GIVING.

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNEW ABOUT THE DORAN/CHOFFO

DEAL, BUT YOU PUT IT IN PROSPECTIVE SO THAT PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF THEIR DEALINGS. I UNDERSTAND THAT CHOFFO IS BEING PREPPED TO BE THE NEXT HARRISON TAX ASSESSOR, HOW CLEVER OF THESE PEOPLE OUR MAYOR AND COUNCIL TO DO THIS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES, I HOPE THE NEW COUNCIL MEN (MCCORMICK AND BENNETT) HAVE THEIR EARS AND EYES OPENED AND STAND ON WHAT IS RIGHT FOR OUR TOWN, NONE OF THIS BULL SHIT OF GIVING OUT JOBS TO KEEP THEIR FRIENDS HAPPY, EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. NOTICE THAT I DID NOT MENTION HARRANGA SINCE THIS MAN WILL ONLY DO WHAT DORAN AND OTHER TELL HIM, AFTERALL THEY PUT HIM IN THAT POSITION AND HE WILL DO WHAT HE IS TOLD, THE OTHER NEWLY APPOINTED COUNCIL MEN DON'T SEEM TO BE FOLLOWERS THEY SEEM TO ME TO BE LEADERS AS THEY HAVE SHOWN IN LIVING IN HARRISON FOR MANY YEARS, AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL LEAD US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.