Paramedic Unit Closing

Guest Guest

As announced on their web site, MONOC, the company that runs the paramedic units running out of Clara Maass (Unit 256) in Belleville and the old West Hudson Hospital (Unit 257) will be cutting back the units significantly.

In a nut shell, 256 will be shut down entirely and 257 will be pared back to a 7 am to 11 pm operation only. That will leave one paramedic unit based in Kearny for their entire coverage area (Kearny, Lyndhurst, Harrison, East Newark, North Arlington, Belleville and Nutley) and no unit for the same area between 11 pm and 7 am. The web site gives MONOC's reasons for this and the other units in the state they are closing.

The area will have to rely on the availability of Paramedic units from Newark, Jersey City and possibly Clifton and Montclair. The Clifton unit is also a MONOC unit so I doubt they will be much of a help.

If anyone is interested, the web site is www.monoc.org/executive.cfm

Please spread the word. This needs to be halted before someone is hurt or worse.

As announced on their web site,  MONOC, the company that runs the paramedic units running out of Clara Maass (Unit 256) in Belleville and the old West Hudson Hospital (Unit 257) will be cutting back the units significantly. 

In a nut shell, 256 will be shut down entirely and 257 will be pared back to a 7 am to 11 pm operation only.  That will leave one paramedic unit based in Kearny for their entire coverage area (Kearny, Lyndhurst, Harrison, East Newark, North Arlington, Belleville and Nutley) and no unit for the same area between 11 pm and 7 am.  The web site gives MONOC's reasons for this and the other units in the state they are closing. 

The area will have to rely on the availability of Paramedic units from Newark, Jersey City and possibly Clifton and Montclair.  The Clifton unit is also a MONOC unit so I doubt they will be much of a help. 

If anyone is interested, the web site is www.monoc.org/executive.cfm

Please spread the word.  This needs to be halted before someone is hurt or worse.

oh plz tony give it a rest, the units are useless,never on time, get lost, have idiots operating them. newark units respond and know their shit. bye bye bye.........

oh plz tony give it a rest, the units are useless,never on time, get lost, have idiots operating them. newark units respond and know their shit. bye bye bye.........

Regardless how you feel about the actual service provided by MONOC (I'm not a fan either and I am very familiar with how they operate and no, I do not work for them but I do work in the Emergency Services system in the area), the fact is other paramedic units will now have to travel farther to serve our area. Newark units are busy as it is and there is no guarantee they will be available. Same for Jersey City. That leaves Atlantic Health System at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair/Glen Ridge, a Hackensack Medical Center unit in the Carlstadt area (I think it's still there) and MONOC units in Passaic as the next closest units. Yes, 257 at West Hudson will still be there from 7 am to 11 pm but who knows for how long.

Hopefully, another system will agree to take over the area. There alot of issues with MONOC as it is, this is just one more, albeit a big one. As I see it it's all about money, not service or patient care.

BTW-I am not Tony.