leaves

Guest Guest

can i ask a simple question without getting blasted on here ? y can't people in the town leave there piles of leaves on there curb next to there driveway instead of putting them in the street and taking up good parking spots ? does the town still give out the leave bags so people could put the leaves in the bags instead of the street ?

can i ask a simple question without getting blasted on here ? y can't people in the town leave there piles of leaves on there curb next to there driveway instead of putting them in the street and taking up good parking spots ?  does the town still give out the leave bags so people could put the leaves in the bags instead of the street ?

The reason they are supposed to pile them in the street is so the street sweepers can come and scoop them up, if they are in the driveways, then they arent accessible to the sweepers.

Guest truthful answer
:rolleyes: The person asking this question has a point! why take a parking spot from a person who does not have the luxury of having a driveway! I agree if you insist on raking your leaves to the curb, instead of getting leaf bags from the town, then put them in your own driveway. The sweepers can only do so many streets in an work day. But if you see a large pile of leaves taking up parking, then call the Street Dept. and advise them, they will remove them as soon as possible. :unsure:

The reason they are supposed to pile them in the street is so the street sweepers can come and scoop them up, if they are in the driveways, then they arent accessible to the sweepers.

If you mean put them in the street across a driveway than how is one supposed to get in and out of a driveway.

ACTUALLY, you arent supposed to rake your leaves into the street at all, you are supposed to bag them up. The sweepers are there to pick up the leaves that fell on the street, but people do what they want.

ACTUALLY, you arent supposed to rake your leaves into the street at all, you are supposed to bag them up. The sweepers are there to pick up the leaves that fell on the street, but people do what they want.

Can the Town Fine a homeowner for sweeping them into the street? They really can be dangerous, kids like to jump in them. Bagging them should be manditory.

ACTUALLY, you are wrong.

From the Town website:

LEAF COLLECTION SEASON IS HERE

During the months of November and December, the Town of Kearny collects leaves from residents. Residents can rake their leaves in loose piles to the curbside for leaf collection or put their leaves in biodegradable bags for collection. The loose leaves are collected and then ground up by the Town to create mulch or composted into a soil amendment that is available to residents at the Kearny Department of Public Works facility.

The 2006 leaf collection program will begin on Monday, November 6, 2006. Crews will make multiple passes through your neighborhood based on your street cleaning schedule.

If you prefer to put your leaves in biodegradable bags, please note that biodegradable bags may be purchased by residents at the Department of Public Works office located at 357 Bergen Avenue in Kearny. The cost is $3 for 10 bags. Bags are available for purchase during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Leaves in biodegradable bags will be collected on Fridays only. Filled biodegradable bags should be placed on the sidewalk next to the curb for pick up.

[/quo

so y not on sweeper day u cant sweep your leaves into the street , instead of a day or two before ? we all know parking is very tight around here ;):rolleyes:

so y not on sweeper day u cant sweep your leaves into the street , instead of a day or two before ? we all know parking is very tight around here ;):rolleyes:

That is the way it is supposed to be, but if my "sweeper day" is Tuesday, will you come over and rake my leaves into the street while I work my 9-5? Otherwise, it is dark when I get home.

why should I take the time to put them in bags when I don't even want the tree that is in front of my house making the mess. The town refuses to cut it down so they can deal with it

ACTUALLY, you are wrong.

From the Town website:

During the months of November and December, the Town of Kearny collects leaves from residents. Residents can rake their leaves in loose piles to the curbside for leaf collection or put their leaves in biodegradable bags for collection. The loose leaves are collected and then ground up by the Town to create mulch or composted into a soil amendment that is available to residents at the Kearny Department of Public Works facility.

The 2006 leaf collection program will begin on Monday, November 6, 2006. Crews will make multiple passes through your neighborhood based on your street cleaning schedule.

If you prefer to put your leaves in biodegradable bags, please note that biodegradable bags may be purchased by residents at the Department of Public Works office located at 357 Bergen Avenue in Kearny. The cost is $3 for 10 bags. Bags are available for purchase during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Leaves in biodegradable bags will be collected on Fridays only. Filled biodegradable bags should be placed on the sidewalk next to the curb for pick up.

so y not on sweeper day u cant sweep your leaves into the street , instead of a day or two before ? we all know parking is very tight around here :blink::unsure:

That is the way it is supposed to be, but if my "sweeper day" is Tuesday, will you come over and rake my leaves into the street while I work my 9-5? Otherwise, it is dark when I get home.

if u work 9- 5 then how are u able to post this at 12:37 p.m ? :lol::P<_< , stop being lazy and try to make your house a lil nicer for u and your neighbors sake

if u work 9- 5 then how are u able to post this at 12:37 p.m ?  <_<  :unsure:  :blink: , stop being lazy and try to make your house a lil nicer for u and your neighbors sake

It is called internet access. Ever heard of it?

I'm one of the lucky ones. Sweeper day is Monday. I was using a hypothectical.

ACTUALLY, you are wrong.

From the Town website:

OK then someones not making enough "pick-ups" because there are piles of leaves all over town.

[/quo

so y not on sweeper day u cant sweep your leaves into the street , instead of a day or two before ? we all know parking is very tight around here <_<:blink:

nice to see all them big piles of leaves blowing around for the last 2 days in this windy weather , maybe the town should give the bag away for the people since they pay high enough taxes here , at less throw them a bone

nice to see all them big piles of leaves blowing around for the last 2 days in this windy weather , maybe the town should give the bag away for the people since they pay high enough taxes here , at less throw them a bone

when u see the big piles look to see what the sweeper days are the sweeper does collect the leaves u know

when u see the big piles look to see what the sweeper days are the sweeper does collect the leaves u know

i hear u there, but y make a big pile and take a good parking spot away on monday when the sweeper comes until wed, or thru . ? thats all i'm saying