Doran's Running For County Executive

Guest Guest

I hear Doran is taking an early retirement as county principal and running for County Executive next year.

He'll do an early max out on his pension plan at around $85,000 per year with benefits.

That's why he didn't run for mayor. He's looking for another pension payment as county executive---and Harrison Realty as his personal candy store.

Love him or hate him, you got to admit he's clever. Not bad for a Gardens boy!!!

I hear Doran is taking an early retirement as county principal and running for County Executive next year.

He'll do an early max out on his pension plan at around $85,000 per year with benefits.

That's why he didn't run for mayor.  He's looking for another pension payment as county executive---and Harrison Realty as his personal candy store.

Love him or hate him, you got to admit he's clever.  Not bad for a Gardens boy!!!

Jim is also a very nice hard working person!

That's why he didn't run for mayor.  He's looking for another pension payment as county executive---and Harrison Realty as his personal candy store.

Love him or hate him, you got to admit he's clever.  Not bad for a Gardens boy!!!

Good job Doran, you should have run for Mayor. So now you will have to give up the councilman position if you take the County Executive since it will be a conflict of interest. Not bad for a Gardens boy well done, you wont have to deal with all the bull shit from McDonough, he will soon be led out in handcuffs.

Guest Guest_ExBlueTider_*
Good job Doran, you should have run for Mayor.  So now you will have to give up the councilman position if you take the County Executive since it will be a conflict of interest.  Not bad for a Gardens boy well done, you wont have to deal with all the bull shit from McDonough, he will soon be led out in handcuffs.

As a former Gardens Boy myself (4 bldg.) I'm curious what bldg Doran lived in, I don't remember him.

Guest harrison resident

HE LIVED IN HIS GRANDMOTHER APARTMENT UNTIL HE WAS PUT OUT THAT WAS IN BUILDING #1 WHEN HIS GRANDMOTHER DIED THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO TAKE OVER THE APARTMENT .JIST NEVER HAPPENED.

Doran's closet is not large enough to fit all its ghosts.

Talk about the Gardens. Did he ever report the income of that guy he was living with?

Many domestic disturbances at the Doran residence. Just ask the former chief.

So many promises from his campaign against Higgins. Any fulfilled?

And he's going to be our county exceutive? He practically lives down in South Jersey.

Go figure.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any more news on this?

In that Doran has served as county school principal as long as God's been alive, I hear JimBoy has gathered a lot of political contacts in North Bergen and Secaucus (almost all his teachers and students are from that area). With those two towns- in addition to Harrison, Kearny and East Newark in his pocket- Doran, indeed, could pose a credible challenge to DeGise in the Primary.

No doubt he has the brains, experience and political savy to pull it off. But believe it or not, Doran would have to take a pay-cut to serve as County Executive! Go figure.

I say he would rather be President of Hudson County Community College. Why do you think he got that doctorate in education?