Councilman McCormick

Guest laoks

First of all, Congratulations.

But, how will he gt anything done? He'll have to give into the mayor somewhat. Will he not go to redevelopment opening ceremonies b/c he's so against it? will he now get his aprtments? will he blend in enough to not hurt the town. How will he diplomatically represent his differences? and finally, what town job does he come up with?

McDonough re-elected in Harrison, one council race too close to call

HARRISON — Mayor Raymond J. McDonough was re-elected tonight and his ticket won three out of four town council seats.

The Second Ward seat is too close to call, with incumbent Arthur Pettigrew behind by 12 votes to Steven McCormick, with 28 absentees ballots and a slew of provisional ballots not yet counted.

McDonough, the Democratic incumbent who has held his post for the past 11 years, defeated challenger Anselmo Millan 1,489 votes to 933.

“I feel great,” McDonough said. “I think the voters realized that I’m sincere and dedicated to the town. I think they realize that I put the town ahead of everything.”

A former Harrison councilman and longtime rival of the mayor, Millan and his ticket campaigned largely on the charges that plans to redevelop properties along the Passaic River would overcrowd schools and roads and severely tax municipal services.

Several projects are in the works to transform a largely industrial 275-acre tract into upscale housing, retail and corporate space, parking facilities and a Major League soccer stadium.

A team of independent Democrats backed by Millan was also defeated at the polls.

In the First Ward political newcomer Jesus Huarana, running on the McDonough ticket, defeated Maria Camano 282 to 201.

McCormick was ahead of Pettigrew 264 to 252 and James Doran defeated Millan-backed candidates and Joseph Wood 400 to 192 in the Fourth Ward.

In the Third Ward Laurence Bennett, who ran unopposed on the McDonough ticket, garnered 570 votes.

All seats in Harrison carry four-year terms.

Rose Duger

But, how will he gt anything done? He'll have to give into the mayor somewhat. Will he not go to redevelopment opening ceremonies b/c he's so against it? will he now get his aprtments? will he blend in enough to not hurt the town. How will he diplomatically represent his differences? and finally, what town job does he come up with?

Well done Steve, you showed courage and committment, look to Bennett for help on the Council he is Honest and not intimidated by the Mayor.

Guest 2smart4u

His most important function will be that of "watchdog". The idea is to keep the Zombies honest.

Regarding his apartments, if he is confirmed the winner, the State of New Jersey and not the Town's Planning or Zoning Board will have to decide. The town's Boards deciding would be a conflict of interest. With the State he'll be lucky if he gets all the parking waived that the Planning Board granted! Also, they will have to investigate the Cert. of occupancy not being issued for the apartment he has lived in for the last 13 or so years! So Stevie Boy may have shot himself in the foot by winning, he may actually NOT GET HIS WAY. i'M GLAD i DON'T LIVE IN HIS WARD, AS HE IS ONLY OUT FOR HIMSELF!

Congratulations Steve, I know you will do things to improve the town of Harrison for all of the residents. Good luck.

Let us not count on Stevie Boy yet. There is still absentee ballots to be counted.

Guest Let's all hope

Let's all hope that Steve doesn't give into the town officials when they promise him his apartments. Let's hope he continues his fight for those apartments and gets them legally!!!

it's gotta S**K knowing that most of the people in town hate you. I am sure he will get over it when he get's what he want's.

Watch how fast his loft apartment's get done, and his ties with Millan are done.

Didn't you get his DVD, he is not looking for any job, just a chance.

Guest art pet

Wish I could have seen useless Artie cry like a baby- see ya loser we won't miss you. Steve for Mayor next!!!! Don't worry Artie when you lose the rest of your hair you'll make a nice lap dog for the mayor. hahahahahahah

Didn't you get his DVD, he is not looking for any job, just a chance.

well now larry and steve won their seats as council members, do they lose their seats as comissioners for the gardens? i think that whole board should be wiped out. a NEW,NO interest group SHOULD be PLACED. besides these two men, the other members have a invested opportunity to continue SUCKING DRY this town. look at that sHORE lady who rips off the town weekdays then weekends she gone. holding office and serving as a haven to criminals. where are the rules for her? That grandSON is back and living there, why is he allowed to stay? does she have a few snapped photos hidden in the closet? yesterday with her smug remarks at the polls, why wasn't she thrown out? STEVE, THIS IS THE STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH FIRST!

MIKE RODGERS, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS??????? YOU'VE THROWN OUT ONE THIRD OF THE TENANTS ALREADY WHO YOU DOOM TROUBLE, WHY NOT HER????????????

what you people don't seem to get yet is that steve only cares for what steve wants, '' you can fool some people all of the time, and you can fool all the people some of the time'', which all of you steve supporters will soon see it materialize as time moves on , he will show his true colors , than you will realize what a car salesman he is . want to buy a bridge, suckers........................

Thanks to your wife's family (Maria McCormick) for traveling to Harrison from other towns and even out of state to vote you got in. CHEATERS

haha thats funny, i hate to say it but if anybody is a cheater i think we know who is...we all know steve won by way more than 12 votes...lets see just how fair this turns out after the absentee ballots are counted...artie's crew made sure to have plenty of illegal backup votes...just not as much as he needed for the time being...

well now larry and steve won their seats as council members, do they lose their seats as comissioners for the gardens? i think that whole board should be wiped out. a NEW,NO interest group SHOULD be PLACED. besides these two men, the other members have a invested opportunity to continue SUCKING DRY this town. look at that sHORE lady who rips off the town weekdays then weekends she gone. holding office and serving as a haven to  criminals. where are the rules for her? That grandSON is back and living there, why is he allowed to stay? does she have a few snapped photos hidden in the closet? yesterday with her smug remarks at the polls, why wasn't she thrown out? STEVE, THIS IS THE STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH FIRST!

MIKE RODGERS, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS??????? YOU'VE THROWN OUT ONE THIRD OF THE TENANTS ALREADY WHO YOU DOOM TROUBLE, WHY NOT HER????????????

the third ward is not just the gardens, remember that.

Thanks to your wife's family (Maria McCormick) for traveling to Harrison from other towns and even out of state to vote you got in. CHEATERS

if you think mccormick was a cheater, don't you think the mayor team would have challenged them, he won get over it.

Well done Steve, you showed courage and committment, look to Bennett for help on the Council he is Honest and not intimidated by the Mayor.

GOD KNOW THOSE TWO GENTLEMAN ARE THE ONLY HONEST, SINCERE PEOPLE UP THERE THAT WILL HAVE THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CURRENT CITIZENS AT HAND. GUYS PLEASE HELP US, DO THE RIGHT THING

DON'T THINK HER FAMILY LIVES IN STEVES WARD, SO GET YOUR STORY STRAIGHT SISTER. WHAT YOU WANT ANOTHER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU 'SURE' ABOUT THAT? AS THE MAYOR KEPT SAYING DURING THE ELECTION, 'LARRY WANTED TO BE A COUNCILMAN FROM THE DAY HE WAS BORN". he'll be hanging his tongue out to 'please' the mayor!

Regarding his apartments, if he is confirmed the winner, the State of New Jersey and not the Town's Planning or Zoning Board will have to decide. The town's Boards deciding would be a conflict of interest. With the State he'll be lucky if he gets all the parking waived that the Planning Board granted! Also, they will have to investigate the Cert. of occupancy not being issued for the apartment he has lived in for the last 13 or so years! So Stevie Boy may have shot himself in the foot by winning, he may actually NOT GET HIS WAY. i'M GLAD i DON'T LIVE IN HIS WARD, AS HE IS ONLY OUT FOR HIMSELF!

but can they get away with giving to to him 'under the table', in order to try to pull him over to their side, like they did 'successfully' with dan kelly??

well now larry and steve won their seats as council members, do they lose their seats as comissioners for the gardens? i think that whole board should be wiped out. a NEW,NO interest group SHOULD be PLACED. besides these two men, the other members have a invested opportunity to continue SUCKING DRY this town. look at that sHORE lady who rips off the town weekdays then weekends she gone. holding office and serving as a haven to  criminals. where are the rules for her? That grandSON is back and living there, why is he allowed to stay? does she have a few snapped photos hidden in the closet? yesterday with her smug remarks at the polls, why wasn't she thrown out? STEVE, THIS IS THE STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH FIRST!

START BY HAVING A FEW TENANTS BRING UP THE MATTER OF HER GRANSON LIVING THERE & THE "TRESSPASS LIST'', AT THE MONTHLY COMMISSIONERS MEETING.