Walmart impact on store owners "WATCH"

Guest Store Owner

Guest Store Owner

The Kearny Avenue vacant storefront watch as a result of Walmart opening in Kearny has begun. Mayor Santos has thrown business owners under the bus when he gave approval to allow Walmart into Kearny. The count has started we have (5 empty store fronts), to start this sad time in this terrible mistake made by Mayor Santos. To be continued!!!!!

The Kearny Avenue vacant storefront watch as a result of Walmart opening in Kearny has begun. Mayor Santos has thrown business owners under the bus when he gave approval to allow Walmart into Kearny. The count has started we have (5 empty store fronts), to start this sad time in this terrible mistake made by Mayor Santos.  To be continued!!!!!

:blink: this is something i do know about in kearny! its NOT WALL MART!! its the deal the store operators made with the wholsalers! if you do not sell or over price what you sell you are going to close! thats it! also look at the town when you start a store "do you have what the folks in that town will buy? lets say you want to sell quad runners! or "snow craft" things that you put on a trailer to take where you can ride" where do you keep them in kearny? yah out of towners will buy some but is that enough to stay in biss? NO I DO NOT BACK SANTOS AT ALL :ph34r: ! but the town needs things that folks will buy and use! oh for the "right price too" also the TAXES THAT YOU PAY IN NJ IS WAY OUT OF WACK! I LOOK "AROUND" FLA AND SEE BIG COMPS/BISS THAT WAS IN NJ! they ship stuff up north to you its cheeper than stocking it there !! i posted that you need to look at your history and see where the town has gone wrong! and i still stand by that! oh yah my mom and dad had a store in kearny from 1959 to 1964 at 149 kearny ave and it was the same thing then as it is now!!! :rolleyes:

The Kearny Avenue vacant storefront watch as a result of Walmart opening in Kearny has begun. Mayor Santos has thrown business owners under the bus when he gave approval to allow Walmart into Kearny. The count has started we have (5 empty store fronts), to start this sad time in this terrible mistake made by Mayor Santos.  To be continued!!!!!

Is this 5 empty store fronts since Walmart opened? In the last several years, there have always been some store fronts vacant. I was not a fan of Walmart coming to Kearny either.

:lol: this is something i do know about in kearny! its NOT WALL MART!! its the deal the store operators made with the wholsalers! if you do not sell or over price what you sell you are going to close! thats it! also look at the town when you start a store "do you have what the folks in that town will buy? lets say you want to sell quad runners! or "snow craft" things that you put on a trailer to take where you can ride" where do you keep them in kearny? yah out of towners will buy some but is that enough to stay in biss? NO I DO NOT BACK SANTOS AT ALL  :lol: ! but the town needs things that folks will buy and use! oh for the "right price too" also the TAXES THAT YOU PAY IN NJ IS WAY OUT OF WACK! I LOOK "AROUND" FLA AND SEE BIG COMPS/BISS THAT WAS IN NJ! they ship stuff up north to you its cheeper than stocking it there !! i posted that you need to look at your history and see where the town has gone wrong! and i still stand by that! oh yah my mom and dad had a store in kearny from 1959 to 1964 at 149 kearny ave and it was the same thing then as it is now!!! :lol:

Stick to subjects you know, racism, bigotry, and hate.

• 1 month later...

Buy a clue please. Stores have gone out of business before WalMart came to town and stores will continue to close after.Thats the nature of business. On the south end of town Harrison Photo closed, now a deli is opening in it's place, The hiring hall closed and now it's an Italian American Club. Stores come and go.

• 14 years later...
Guest Kearny Resident
On 10/29/2006 at 1:24 PM, Guest Store Owner said:

The Kearny Avenue vacant storefront watch as a result of Walmart opening in Kearny has begun. Mayor Santos has thrown business owners under the bus when he gave approval to allow Walmart into Kearny. The count has started we have (5 empty store fronts), to start this sad time in this terrible mistake made by Mayor Santos. To be continued!!!!!

Look at this post from 2006 and Mayor Santos welcoming Walmart into the community to close small businesses in town.