CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MILLAN IS FOR

Guest Guest

With out all the bs, or the doctored up pics or the put downs WHAT IS MILLAN FOR? , I NEED TO KNOW , Forget the signs they tell me nothing. So far PAC who ever that is if it is not Paid for or endorsed by the Millan Campaign I DO NOT CARE about what they have to say. Millan is the one running for Mayor not PAC, So WHAT IS MILLAN FOR ? I DO NOT need to know About other peoples homes eleswhere or what they may do or may move to when they retire. WHAT WILL MILLAN DO FOR HARRISON NOT WHAT OTHERS HAVE DONE OR MITE DO. I KNOW THAT HE WAS ONCE ON THAT VERY SAME TEAM WHAT HAPPEN. He must have voted for some of what is going on now. It seems everone is more worryed about who is taking & putting up signs then what is the really important, our future in Harrison. P.S. Alot of the Millan signs are not being pulled down they are falling or washing away from the rain & or wind, PAPER signs Bad Idea

Guest Haven't you received any of

Millan is for:

1.Millan is all for development, But uncertain about all the tax breaks, thats why he wants referandums (public hearings, with the town voting on big deals; like the $40,000,000.00 bond backed by tax payers {who didn't vote to see if they wanted to support that bond})

2.Senior Housing (assisted living)

3.Televised Town Meetings, ending uncertainty

4.An elected board of Education

5.Raising Children of his own, he knows the importance of proper recreational space

6. Proper planning for a development, thats constantly getting updated with the changing times. You can't honestly believe that 7,000 condos won't bring traffic or only 170 children

What I don't see is what McDonough is for. All he has done is attacked Michael Fernandez from the PAC and his Opponent MILLAN, though he says he won't stoop that low.

Media In Trouble :: Millan for Mayor of Harrison

Anselmo Millan believes there is a proper way of redeveloping a town and he isn't the only one. Steve McCormick (who sits on the Housing Board) is running along side of him for a shot at Councilman.

Ray McDonough has led this town for 11 years. The last mayor before him led this town for 48 years. Mayor McDonough has given Peter Higgins III way too much power by having him head the Redevelopment Authority. There has been very little oversight over the planning process, and the only studies performed regarding the impact on environmental, economic, and infrastructural impact have been performed by the developer.

Another example of how the Peter Higgins cares more about the developers than Harrison's finances is the Red Bulls stadium deal. Just a month or so after the Stadium deal was pushed through bringing the developers a windfall of tax abatements and millions in Town Bonds, Red Bull announces it will buy the Metrostars. Did Peter Higgins revisit the deal and try to get some money from Red Bull to help pay for the stadium? Did he rescind the deal on the table to rework it now that there would be a new player in the deal? No. The deal still remains as is. Big corporate Red Bull gets a free stadium that is also going to be tax free for about 20 years.

Guest Guest in the know
Media In Trouble :: Millan for Mayor of Harrison

Anselmo Millan believes there is a proper way of redeveloping a town and he isn't the only one. Steve McCormick (who sits on the Housing Board) is running along side of him for a shot at Councilman.

Ray McDonough has led this town for 11 years. The last mayor before him led this town for 48 years. Mayor McDonough has given Peter Higgins III way too much power by having him head the Redevelopment Authority. There has been very little oversight over the planning process, and the only studies performed regarding the impact on environmental, economic, and infrastructural impact have been performed by the developer.

Another example of how the Peter Higgins cares more about the developers than Harrison's finances is the Red Bulls stadium deal. Just a month or so after the Stadium deal was pushed through bringing the developers a windfall of tax abatements and millions in Town Bonds, Red Bull announces it will buy the Metrostars. Did Peter Higgins revisit the deal and try to get some money from Red Bull to help pay for the stadium? Did he rescind the deal on the table to rework it now that there would be a new player in the deal? No. The deal still remains as is. Big corporate Red Bull gets a free stadium that is also going to be tax free for about 20 years.

ANSHULTZ AND THE RED BULLS ARE BUILDING THE 80 TO 100 MILLION DOLLAR STADIUM WITH THEIR OWN MONEY, STUPID. The Town is buying and cleaning the land under the Stadium with the 40 Million Bond issue guaranteed by the county.

Guest Guest A
ANSHULTZ AND THE RED BULLS ARE BUILDING THE 80 TO 100 MILLION DOLLAR STADIUM WITH THEIR OWN MONEY, STUPID. The Town is buying and cleaning the land under the Stadium with the 40 Million Bond issue guaranteed by the county.

The bond may be backed by Hudson County, but they are not paying the intrest or the principle. The taxpayers are.

BUTS ITS STILL TAXPAYERS MONEY EVEN IF IT COMES FROM THE COUNTY YOU POLITICAL SCUMB#G!!!!!

Millan is for:

1.Millan is all for development, But uncertain about all the tax breaks, thats why he wants referandums (public hearings, with the town voting on big deals; like the $40,000,000.00 bond backed by tax payers {who didn't vote to see if they wanted to support that bond})

5.Raising Children of his own, he knows the importance of proper recreational space

6. Proper planning for a development, thats constantly getting updated with the changing times.  You can't honestly believe that 7,000 condos won't bring traffic or only 170 children

What I don't see is what McDonough is for.  All he has done is attacked Michael Fernandez from the PAC and his Opponent MILLAN, though he says he won't stoop that low.

I would like to hear these thing's from Millan's mouth, I have never even met the man. He has never been to my house nor any of my neighbor's .

But when Hinchcliff was running  I never saw him either.

Where is he.

"All he has done is attacked Michael Fernandez from the PAC "?????

Mikey do you think that we would not know your post using your name in the 3rd person??? Why are you still whinning?? You started your troubles, why blame anyone else? Be a man stop crying.

Okay. Good to know. So how much approx. should Harr make on the deal per yr? Please explain.

The bond may be backed by Hudson County, but they are not paying the intrest or the principle.  The taxpayers are.

The COUNTY taxpayers as a 'whole' or 'only' the HARRISON taxpayers?

Note" There are approx 11 towns in Hudson Co, so it makeas a 'big' difference financially for Harrison, whether the money is being shared by all of the towns in Hudson Co or paid 'only' by Harrison 'alone'.

Guest Guest A
The COUNTY taxpayers as a 'whole'  or 'only' the HARRISON taxpayers? 

Note"  There are approx 11 towns in Hudson Co, so it makeas a 'big' difference financially for Harrison, whether the money is being shared by all of the towns in Hudson Co or paid 'only' by Harrison 'alone'.

The bond is backed by the county just as your mortgage is backed by your property. But who pays off the mortgage, not the house, you do. Just as the taxpayers of Harrison are paying off the bonds, not the county, or the other towns in it. If the taxpayers don't pay off the bond, the county is responsible.

Guest LOLOLOLOL
Millan is for:

6. Proper planning for a development, thats constantly getting updated with the changing times. You can't honestly believe that 7,000 condos won't bring traffic or only 170 children

What I don't see is what McDonough is for. All he has done is attacked Michael Fernandez from the PAC and his Opponent MILLAN, though he says he won't stoop that low.

Guest Are all you PAC & Morons for
Millan is for:

6. Proper planning for a development, thats constantly getting updated with the changing times.  You can't honestly believe that 7,000 condos won't bring traffic or only 170 children

What I don't see is what McDonough is for.  All he has done is attacked Michael Fernandez from the PAC and his Opponent MILLAN, though he says he won't stoop that low.

THIS IS fUNNY: 1. So, You are saying he is for it so he must have voted for it when he was Councilman. Good play in words.

2. The Gardens & Kingland Courts, Try again

3.Why would you want our town meetings televised if people don't go now what would make them wanna watch it on TV. LOL Godd one

4. We Had it Did not work, Now What?

5. Since the Mayor has been in office, EVERY Park has been REDONE, & We Have a BEAUTIFUL RE-CENTER, Prove Me wrong. & Besides Why Would anyone spend any money on buying up land for recreational space when we have the 3rd LARGEST park in Hudson County. Just take a walk there.

6. THINK ABOUT THIS TRUTHFUL WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU PUT : Industry, Not in in this day & age, Made in China, & If there was a Mall going there what you you say Then, I thought so. It sounds like if it was not your idea it is a bad idea.

This is the Best one of all: Show me a Letter from the Mayor attacking Moron & his SON-IN-LAW? I have been receiveing the letter from bother sides & the only attacks are from PAC You Know The SON IN LAW. with those realy bad fliers, PAC GROW THE HELL UP. YOUR THE RESON MORON LOST MY VOTE. I have have to say that the Moron team makes no sence what so ever. ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS JUST SIT BACK READ THE LIER FLIERS & THEN READ THE BBBBB TEAM FLIERS THEN YOU TELL ME.

Guest Guest A
THIS IS fUNNY: 1. So, You are saying he is for it so he must have voted for it when he was Councilman. Good play in words.

3.Why would you want our town meetings televised if people don't go now what would make them wanna watch it on TV. LOL Godd one

5. Since the Mayor has been in office, EVERY Park has been REDONE, & We Have a BEAUTIFUL RE-CENTER, Prove Me wrong. & Besides Why Would anyone spend any money on buying  up land for recreational space when we have the 3rd LARGEST park in Hudson County. Just take a walk there.

6. THINK ABOUT THIS TRUTHFUL WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU PUT : Industry, Not in in this day & age, Made in China, & If there was a Mall going there what you you say Then, I thought so.  It sounds like if it was not your idea it is a bad idea.

This is the Best one of all: Show me a Letter from the Mayor attacking Moron & his SON-IN-LAW? I have been receiveing the letter from bother sides & the only attacks are from PAC You Know The SON IN LAW. with those realy bad fliers, PAC GROW THE HELL UP. YOUR THE RESON MORON LOST MY VOTE. I have have to say that the Moron team makes no sence what so ever. ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS JUST SIT BACK READ THE LIER FLIERS & THEN READ THE BBBBB TEAM FLIERS THEN YOU TELL ME.

Talk about funny, your letter is a real knee slapper. Your are either very narrow minded of very ill informed.

1. When Milan was a councilman there was no Red Bull Stadium on the horizon. What he voted for was impact studies on the effect of redevelopment.

2 The Harrison Gardens and Kingsland Court are low income housing, not assisted living quarters. It the latter, seniors are monitored for their health and they provide needed assistance with every day living.

3, Town meeting are held at all type of hours and are not advertised in accordance with the sunshine law. It is even advertised in a newspaper that isn't sold in Harrison. There is always a second meeting held in town which is even less advertized. All designed to keep people from seeing our government in action. Hundreds of local town meetings are televised throughout New Jersey, what's your problem with televising ours?

4. When you said an elected board of education didn't work, that was over 15 years ago and several people who wanted to run were forced to reconsider with strong arm tactics. It was only done for one election and most of the towns people were unaware that the method of selecting the Board of Education had been changed to an elected process. In addition, in most towns, election to the school board is a test of a persons viability as a candidate for other elected office. This administration doesn't want other candidates running for office.

5. You are right about our parks being redone. Our stadium has been redone more than any other park has ever been redone. The library park looks great, unfortunately is gated and locked and inaccessible as a play area for our children. Maybe you should take a walk up the park, bring a bat and ball and see if you can find a place to play. The fields are always used by persons from Kearny or even our schools.

6. There is plenty of light industry and large retail stores that could have been courted to come to Harrison. Kearny doesn't seem to be having a problem finding them.

The final one is that no letter has been needed to bash Mike. I'll bet you haven't been to the Spanish Pavilion in a long time, nor has any other Harrison town employee. Everyone knows the restaurant has been on a boycott list by the mayor, except you,

But the county IS NOT PAYING for the 40 million bond; only the Harrison taxpayers ARE PAYING OFF the 40 million bond, PLUS THE "INTEREST"

So while the RED Bulls will be making money off the deal each yr to pay back the 80-100 million that they spent to build the stadium, WHAT MONEY WILL HARRISON BE MAKING OFF OF THE DEAL "EACH" YEAR< to PAY OFF the 40 million dollar bond?

5. Since the Mayor has been in office, EVERY Park has been REDONE, & We Have a BEAUTIFUL RE-CENTER, Prove Me wrong. & Besides Why Would anyone spend any money on buying  up land for recreational space when we have the 3rd LARGEST park in Hudson County. Just take a walk there.

6. THINK ABOUT THIS TRUTHFUL WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU PUT : Industry, Not in in this day & age, Made in China, & If there was a Mall going there what you you say Then, I thought so.  It sounds like if it was not your idea it is a bad idea.

# 2 TRY AGAIN: Since "WHEN" did the Harr Gdns & Kingland Ct 'become' SENIOR HOUSING 55 & up "ONLY"?

When the 'RESPECTABLE, MIDDLE-CLASS WIDOWS (mothers of 'our' cops, firemen & teachers) complained about having DRUGGIES, RIFF-RAFF, UNWED MOTHERS WITH 'BOYFRIENDS MOVING IN & NOISY FOUL-MOUTHED KIDS; they were told that 'the GDNS & KINGSLAND CTS 'WERE NOT' 'SENIOR HOUSING'!!!

Now, Harrison, a 'small' town with approx 15,000 has 13 LARGE BUILDINGS of 'NON-SENIOR LOW -INCOME HOUSING, while Kearny, a town of approx 40,000 alomst 3 times our size, has 'no low-income housing". FOR YEARS, many of their low-income people managed to 'FIND' THEIR WAY into HARR'S PROJECTS!!! while KY dumped their low-income people & problems on HARR, they got AWAY WITH IT BY building 2 big LOW-INCOME ' SENIOR CITIZEN DEVELOPEMENTS through an outside charity on Schuyler Ave!!!

Comparred to the other local small towns, HARR BUILT 'ENOUGH LOW-INCOME HOUSING TO COVER KY or N ARL or LYND. or RUTH. BUT WE 'NELGLECTED 'OUR SENIORS. The richer towns would 'RATHER HAVE A PACK OF SENIOR HOUSING, "instead of dealing with the drugs, crime, added students, etc that come with building non-senior low-income housing. Instead Harr loaded up with a pack of low-income projects, and the CRIME & OTHER 'PROBLEMS' THAT COME WITH IT according to STATISTICS. Now , it is only 'fair' that HARR TAKE CARE OF ITS SENIORS, many who are MIDDLE-CLASS, WHO OWNED HOME HERE , ARE OLD & DON'T WANT TO LEAVE HARR WHEN THEY SELL THEIR HOMES. We need a NICE, SPACIOUS BUILDING for the MIDDLE-INCOME seniors & a PLAINER BUILDING for the lOW-INCOME SENIORS.

ps the COPS WON'T HAVE THE 'EXTRA' DRUG & CRIME PROBLEMS THAT COMES WITH THE non-senior PROJECTS.