Pop Warner Football Uniforms

Guest Guest

What a shame - New Stadium yet our kids have to look like crap when we play on it. The Uniforms don't even match. What is the Rec. Dept Cheap and Blind!!!!!! I want to see the Budget for these sports because i don't understand how the Soccer team can travel out of the country yet our kids who are playing football get screwed all of the time!!!! This is our Town's Future - And JB is sitting in the requ center with his thumb up his ass. It's not time for a new mayor, but a new Recreation Dept Head.

What a shame - New Stadium yet our kids have to look like crap when we play on it.  The Uniforms don't even match.  What is the Rec. Dept Cheap and Blind!!!!!! I want to see the Budget for these sports because i don't understand how the Soccer team can travel out of the country yet our kids who are playing football get screwed all of the time!!!!  This is our Town's Future - And JB is sitting in the requ center with his thumb up his ass.  It's not time for a new mayor, but a new Recreation Dept Head.

How much did you have to pay for the uniform? The kid's are this town's future. What are you teaching yours? It's more important what your free uniform looks like then good sportsmanship, following rules and having fun.

What a shame - New Stadium yet our kids have to look like crap when we play on it.  The Uniforms don't even match.  What is the Rec. Dept Cheap and Blind!!!!!! I want to see the Budget for these sports because i don't understand how the Soccer team can travel out of the country yet our kids who are playing football get screwed all of the time!!!!  This is our Town's Future - And JB is sitting in the requ center with his thumb up his ass.  It's not time for a new mayor, but a new Recreation Dept Head.

Dont forget the cheerleaders. They look just as bad. Only good thing there is Mr. Greg donates uniforms whenever he can for the girls. Its a sin to see what ALL of these kids look like together as a whole, girls and boys. Someone else needs to take over the rec and soon!!!!

** is the wrong person to *** . Thats why its hard to get people to volunteer to coach, no one likes him. And the people that do Volunteer get treated like crap. After 13 years of volunteering, the cheerleading coaches quit because they could not deal with him anymore. and ** did away with the competition program because "he can't be bothered with it" . Thats bullshi*.

And come on, how much would it cost to buy the football team new uniforms? The town spends thousands of dollars on nonsense, and you mean to tell me that they can't come up with 2 grand for new uniforms? wake up people, ** or anyone else that works in the rec does not care about our kids! he only cares about his paycheck. if he was sooooo good then why was he kicked off of the ***. this town needs a total makeover, get fresh blood in there!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

How much did you have to pay for the uniform?  The kid's are this town's future.  What are you teaching yours?  It's more important what your free uniform looks like then good sportsmanship, following rules and having fun.

That is the sad part - Our kids do have good sportsmanship and they play very well every year. These kids have more dedication and heart towards the sport than you will ever have about anything in your lifetime. The Pee-Wee Football Team went to the Super Bowl last year and this is how they are rewarded????? Please!!!

oh my goodness are you people serious??? First of all Mr. Greg doesn't donate any uniforms. The recreation bought them. The high school cheerleaders were the ones that borrowed them.

I agree with the previous poster....be happy the kids get free uniforms. Other towns put out a lot of money for their kids uniforms. Harrison is a low income town and the recreation department does a lot for little or no cost to you. Shouldn't you be happy that your children have things to do and you don't have to worry about being able to afford it?

What a bunch of ungrateful losers you people are. I think the uniforms are fine. why don't you try washing your kids uniform maybe it will look nicer.

Dont forget the cheerleaders.  They look just as bad.  Only good thing there is Mr. Greg donates uniforms whenever he can for the girls.  Its a sin to see what ALL of these kids look like together as a whole, girls and boys.  Someone else needs to take over the rec and soon!!!!

Go to the Town Clerk's Office and pull an Open Public Records Act (OPRA) request on the Recreation Department's budget to see how the money is spent.

Yea I know they spend a lot of money on a soccer coach for the rec team, I guess it's because Mr. Villata likes soccer. What happens to the basketball league and the baseball and football leagues? WE HAVE VOLUNTEERS....... OK JB, I realize that you probably just have to bow your head the the guy upstairs and he ain't god, you could have a say Joe.

Dont forget the cheerleaders.  They look just as bad.  Only good thing there is Mr. Greg donates uniforms whenever he can for the girls.  Its a sin to see what ALL of these kids look like together as a whole, girls and boys.  Someone else needs to take over the rec and soon!!!!

I agree, but under this mayor who only wants free housing, nothing well get done, we need and entire change. I bet JB would like to do certain things but they DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I know they spend a lot of money on a soccer coach for the rec team, I guess it's because Mr. Villata likes soccer. What happens to the basketball league and the baseball and football leagues? WE HAVE VOLUNTEERS....... OK JB, I realize that you probably just have to bow your head the the guy upstairs and he ain't god, you could have a say Joe.

[/quote

WHO IS THE SOCCER COACH THAT YOU CLAIM THE REC DEPT SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON?????

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE STATEMENTS. DON'T YOU THINK IF THE KIDS HAD A "PAID" SOCCER COACH THEY WOULD HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING ABOUT THE GAME...

IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT THE KIDS GET NO INSTRUCTION OR PRACTICE..... IT'S CALLED HERE'S YOUR "FREE T-SHIRT" & "SHORTS YOUR COULD SPIT THROUGH" THIS IS A SOCCER BALL AND THERE IS THE GOAL ....GOOD LUCK

COACH???? WHAT COACH????

AND REMIND YOU KIDS NOT TO CRY WHEN THE 14 YEAR OLD RUNS CIRCLES AROUND 9 & 10 YEAR OLDS.......

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD OF THE REC DEPT LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER COACHES??? FOR SOCCER?? FOR BASKETBALL?? CHEERLEADING??I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY TYPE OF FLYER.. HAVE YOU??

BY THE WAY WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT SPORT MR. VILLATA LIKES.....

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IS JOE B SHOULD BE REPLACED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS AN EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND IN SPORTS & RECREATION.

THENNNNN YOU WILL SEE CHANGE IN THE RECREATION DEPT

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO A REC DEPT WHEN YOU PUT A GUY IN CHARGE THAT HAS A BACKGROUND IN STOCKING SHELFS FOR HEINZ.

EVEN THOUGH THE MAN HAS BEEN THERE FOR 13 YEARS HE STILL CAN'T COME UP WITH A PROGRAM THAT WORKS FOR THE KIDS.....

Guest years gone bye

never mind the uniforms how about the product out there the coaching is pathetic 40-0 week after week - bring back the harrison pride- bring back real coaches pierre, juice, vinny, keith, howie, jason

I agree, but under this mayor who only wants free housing, nothing well get done, we need and entire change.  I bet JB would like to do certain things but they DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO.

WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE STOP THEIR CRYING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.WHY DON'T ALL YOU "CONCERNED" PARENTS GET TOGETHER AND GET A PETITION GOING OR HAVE EVERYONE WRITE DOWN THEIR COMPLAINTS AND SUBMIT THEM ALL AT ONCE. NOBODY WANTS TO BECAUSE YOU CRY BABIES ARE PROBABLY ALL EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN AND HAVE JOBS YOU AREN'T QUALIFIED FOR EITHER,LIKE JANITOR*** *. SO COMPLAIN OUTLOUD OR SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!!

AS FOR THE FOOTBALL AND SOCCER LEAGUES, THE SOCCER UNIFORMS ARE A TEE-SHIRT AND CHEAP PAIR OF SHORTS AND NO COACHES. I AGREE THE FOOTBALL UNIFORMS ARE A UGLY BUT AT LEAST THEY GET THEM. BUT THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE COACHES DONATING THEIR TIME,BULLS**T. THE FOOTBALL COACHES ARE COACHING THEIR OWN KIDS (FOLLOWING THEM UP TO EACH LEVEL), SO DON'T ACT LIKE THEIR GIVING THEIR TIME FOR THE KIDS.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Save the Guyon Building
CHARGE THE FAMILIES FOR SPORTS, LIKE OTHER TOWNS DO AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET THE UNIFORMS THAT YOU ARE SEEKING!!!!!

Stop stealing the quarters Mayor. Stop bonding 40 million dollars for billionaires. That will get you new uniforms and a lot more. Mayor McDonough only cares about how much can he get from the town and the developers. He does not own property in town. He owns a house down the shore. His wife can't wait until he retires and moves home-- down the shore. He better quit before he's indicted.

never mind the uniforms how about the product out there the coaching is pathetic 40-0 week after week - bring back the harrison pride- bring back real coaches pierre, juice, vinny, keith, howie, jason

I THINK THE COACHES ARE DOING A GOOD JOB, WHY DON'T YOU GO AND VOLUNTEER, INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING.

Guest Happy with the current coaches&#

How about you actually show up and watch the kids play - no team has lost 40-0. The "product out there" is awesome and so are the coaches - who happen to volunteer their time - which is more than you do! And for your information, our jrs. are 4-1 and looking at going to the Super Bowl - which these same kids played in last year. How about you just SHUT UP!

Guest Still happy with the current coa

BUT THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE COACHES DONATING THEIR TIME,BULLS**T. THE FOOTBALL COACHES ARE COACHING THEIR OWN KIDS (FOLLOWING THEM UP TO EACH LEVEL), SO DON'T ACT LIKE THEIR GIVING THEIR TIME FOR THE KIDS.

WHATEVER! You people are sooo annoying! One of them is NOT coaching his kid; two of them have no kids; a couple of them are high school players; and so what if the rest of them are moving up with their kids. They ARE there for THEIR kids and as a bonus they get to babysit YOUR kids every day so you can sit on your a$$ and complain on KOTW!! LOSER!!

Guest Football Mom
CHARGE THE FAMILIES FOR SPORTS, LIKE OTHER TOWNS DO AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET THE UNIFORMS THAT YOU ARE SEEKING!!!!!

Obviously your kid doesn't play football. Football players are only rec team that have to "raise" $100 per kid. With fake looking $5.00 raffles for a computer. How about I write my check to Stan's for a uniform and the booster club can keep the computer!