Red Bull Stadium

MrHarrison

I just read in the September 13, 2006 edition of the Star-Ledger about the new stadium.

Here are some excerpts:

"For Harrison, the stadium, scheduled to open in July 2008, will be the centerpiece of a $1 billion redevelopment plan that will convert Harrison's abandoned industrial waterfront into a modern, live-work-and-play transit village anchored by 800 apartments and dozens of stores and restaurants."

Now add the other 8,200 apartments that the genius redevelopment agency approved and see how much the transit village residents like living there then.

"With a stage at one end of the stadium that will make the facility a top concert venue during the spring and summer, developers say they have a formula that has proven successful in Denver, San Diego and other cities, despite major traffic jams on game days."

Denver, Colorado has an area of 154.9 square miles.

San Diego, California has an area of 372.0 square miles.

Harrison, New Jersey has an area of 1.2 square miles.

IF DENVER AND SAN DIEGO ARE HAVING MAJOR TRAFFIC JAMS ON GAME DAYS AND THEY ARE SO LARGE, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HARRISON ON GAME DAYS!?

"None of this will come cheap - for the soccer team, AEG or taxpayers, who will spend $120 million on the project and hope the investment gets repaid in future taxes and parking fees."

We already spent $40,000,000.00 on this stadium, and you're going to tell me we might pay more?

"The town of Harrison has issued $40 million in bonds, guaranteed by Hudson County, that will help cover the costs of acquiring and cleaning up land near the site of the former Guyon Pipe company for future development and for constructing new roads and utilities."

As far as I know, that $40,000,000.00 was just for the remediation and the purchase of the land, not the construction of new roads and utilities. As far as I know, they don't know how they're paying for new roads.

"Harrison also plans to pay back the bonds with real estate tax payments from the future construction, which is expected to include additional housing and retail space."

There's that word again, TAX PAYMENTS!

"We're helping the Red Bulls build their own stadium," Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise said. "Our calculations show the parking garage will be a moneymaker with just the commuters. The events at the stadium will be a bonus."

I'm glad the county is at least getting their money back they're spending on this debacle. They actually have smart politicians. Holy sh*t, what a concept, a smart politican.

"Attendance at Red Bulls and MetroStars games has lagged for years, and the team's owners are betting the lure of a new stadium can bring in thousands of new fans."

Right.

Here's the link in case you don't believe me, because these are all facts.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index...4510.xml&coll=1

SHUT THE HELL UP A HOLE

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF READING YOUR CRAP.

WHY DON'T YOU MOVE ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN.

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU DO WITH YOUR SELF BESIDES COMPLAIN ON THESE FORUMS.

YOU ARE NO MR HARRISON BECAUSE ALL YOU SO IS TRASH TALK THE TOWN.

Guest 2smart4u
I just read in the September 13, 2006 edition of the Star-Ledger about the new stadium.

Here are some excerpts:

"For Harrison, the stadium, scheduled to open in July 2008, will be the centerpiece of a $1 billion redevelopment plan that will convert Harrison's abandoned industrial waterfront into a modern, live-work-and-play transit village anchored by 800 apartments and dozens of stores and restaurants." 

Now add the other 8,200 apartments that the genius redevelopment agency approved and see how much the transit village residents like living there then.

"With a stage at one end of the stadium that will make the facility a top concert venue during the spring and summer, developers say they have a formula that has proven successful in Denver, San Diego and other cities, despite major traffic jams on game days."

Denver, Colorado has an area of 154.9 square miles. 

San Diego, California has an area of 372.0 square miles. 

Harrison, New Jersey has an area of 1.2 square miles.

IF DENVER AND SAN DIEGO ARE HAVING MAJOR TRAFFIC JAMS ON GAME DAYS AND THEY ARE SO LARGE, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HARRISON ON GAME DAYS!?

"None of this will come cheap - for the soccer team, AEG or taxpayers, who will spend $120 million on the project and hope the investment gets repaid in future taxes and parking fees."

We already spent $40,000,000.00 on this stadium, and you're going to tell me we might pay more?

"The town of Harrison has issued $40 million in bonds, guaranteed by Hudson County, that will help cover the costs of acquiring and cleaning up land near the site of the former Guyon Pipe company for future development and for constructing new roads and utilities."

As far as I know, that $40,000,000.00 was just for the remediation and the purchase of the land, not the construction of new roads and utilities.  As far as I know, they don't know how they're paying for new roads.

"Harrison also plans to pay back the bonds with real estate tax payments from the future construction, which is expected to include additional housing and retail space."

There's that word again, TAX PAYMENTS!

"We're helping the Red Bulls build their own stadium," Hudson County Executive Tom DeGise said. "Our calculations show the parking garage will be a moneymaker with just the commuters. The events at the stadium will be a bonus."

I'm glad the county is at least getting their money back they're spending on this debacle.  They actually have smart politicians.  Holy sh*t, what a concept, a smart politican.

"Attendance at Red Bulls and MetroStars games has lagged for years, and the team's owners are betting the lure of a new stadium can bring in thousands of new fans."

Right.

Here's the link in case you don't believe me, because these are all facts.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index...4510.xml&coll=1

That article in the Ledger was the most bizarre thind I've ever read, they were actually comparing major traffic jams in the Denver and San Diago metropolitan areas to Harrison. A major traffic jam by Denver or San Diago standards would equal a traffic jam from Harrison to Lyndhurst. The residents of Harrison are in for a rude awakening when this nightmare opens. Remember where you heard it first , folks. ( And make sure you're sitting down when you open your tax bills after this 40 million dollars on the town credit card comes due. )

The Star Ledger has reached a new low. They are now publishing as news press releases from developers and stadium owners. To compare these cities to Harrison shows how much the Star Ledger is in bed with these developers. How about covering Harrison's corruption. KOTW's story on Tansky and the reasons for corruption in Hudson County hits it right on the head. The Star Ledger instead of publishing articles based on facts is publishing press releases from developers. Why doesn't the Star Ledger cover the lawsuit filed by the property owners who are challenging the legality of the Harrison Redevelopment Board.

Guest a city within a city

OVER $39 MILLION IN REVENUE BONDS SOLD TO ACQUIRE LAND FOR NEW RED BULL PARK IN HARRISON

Bedminster, New Jersey 7/27/2006 -

Advance Realty Group's Harrison MetroCentre Redevelopment Moves Forward

The Hudson County Improvement Authority today announced that $39.4 million in revenue bonds were sold to finance the land acquisition for the new 25,000-seat Red Bull Park, which will be the home of the New York Red Bulls Major League soccer team and the entertainment component of Advance Realty Group's multi-use Harrison MetroCentre, a three-million-square-foot redevelopment project in Harrison, New Jersey. The sale clears the way for AEG, one of the world's leading sports and entertainment companies, and Red Bull Company Limited, the Austrian company that produces the world's leading energy drink, to begin construction of the new stadium, which is expected to break ground in September 2006 and open its doors in 2008.

Peter B. Higgins, chairman, Harrison Redevelopment Agency said, "This bond sale and the subsequent construction start-up continues the positive forward momentum of the Harrison MetroCentre project. When fully completed, Harrison MetroCentre will be a city within a city that features wide boulevards with street level retail outlets and cafes, an entertainment area with the new Red Bull Park as its centerpiece, a riverfront park and recreation area, as well as other amenities that will make Harrison MetroCentre an exciting place to live, work and play."

The bond sale consisted of over $30.5 million in tax-exempt bonds and over $8.8 million in taxable bonds, with all "AAA" rated (a Moodys Investors Service rating) bonds possessing a final maturity date of 2038 and a true interest cost of 5.08 percent. Repayment of the bonds will be made from future payments in lieu of tax receipts from the major redevelopment efforts occurring in Harrison. MBIA provided bond insurance and the bonds were guaranteed by Hudson County. Annual debt service payments on the bonds begin in 2010 and are approximately $3.1 million per year.

Key players in the bond sale included McManimon & Scotland, bond counsel; NW Financial Group, financial advisor; and William Netchert, general counsel. The bonds were purchased by a group of three underwriters, including Roosevelt & Cross, PNC Capital Markets and Powell Capital Markets. DeCotiis, FitzPatrick, Cole and Wisler served as underwriter's counsel.

"I'd like to congratulate our partners, Advance Reality Group, the Town of Harrison and the Hudson County Improvement Authority, on this monumental step towards making Red Bull Park a reality. We can't wait until 2008 when Red Bull Park opens its doors to the soccer fans living in and around Harrison, as well as throughout New Jersey and New York," said Nick Sakiewicz, president of AEG NY.

Red Bull Park is a major component of Advance Realty Group's multi-billion dollar Harrison MetroCentre, which will feature mid-rise and hi-rise Class A office space, 3,500 residential units, 300,000 square feet of retail space, and over 10,000 decked parking spaces when Phase I and II are completely built-out. Advance is a leading Northeast US owner and developer of Class A office properties and the master developer of the entire Harrison MetroCentre project.

Phase I of Harrison MetroCentre is scheduled to begin in July 2006, when Advance will start site demolition and remediation followed by construction of roadways and utilities in the fall. Demolition work for the stadium portion of Phase I is slated for September 2006, while vertical construction for Phase I of the entire project is expected to begin in early 2007. Overall, Phase I will include over 850 residential units, 160,000 square feet of retail, up to 200,000 square feet of office development, and the new stadium.

Greg Senkevitch, chief operating officer of Advance Realty Group, added, "We applaud the Hudson County Improvement Authority on its successful bond sale and look forward towards transforming the Harrison site into an exciting destination for the town and the New York metro area."

About Advance Realty Group

Advance Realty Group is an owner and developer of office, flex, industrial, retail and multifamily properties. With 5.5 million square feet of operating properties and a development portfolio consisting of eight million square feet of commercial projects and 9,400 residential units, Advance is one of the leading real estate owners in the Northeast and is headquartered in Bedminster, New Jersey. For more information, contact Advance Realty Group at (908) 719-3000 or visit www.advancerealtygroup.com.

About AEG

AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, The Forum (as exclusive booking agent for sports and entertainment programming), Toyota Sports Center, Toyota Park, Anaheim Arena (as preferred booking agent), NOKIA Theatre Times Square, NOKIA Theatre at Grand Prairie and London's Manchester Evening News Arena; sports franchises throughout the world including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Los Angeles Riptide (MLL) and four MLS franchises. In addition, AEG has recently developed and opened The Home Depot Center, a $150 million national training "campus" in Carson, California designated as an "Official U.S. Olympic Training Site" by the United States Olympic Committee that includes major facilities for soccer, tennis, track & field, cycling, action sports, beach volleyball, basketball and other sports. The company's live entertainment division, AEG LIVE is one of the world's leading concert promotion and touring organization.

AEG is overseeing the development of L.A. Live, a 4 million square foot/$2.5 billion downtown Los Angeles sports & entertainment district featuring NOKIA Theatre Los Angeles, a 7,100-seat state-of-the-art live theatre, a 54-story, 1000-room convention "headquarters" hotel, Club NOKIA, a 2,200 capacity live music venue, a 14-screen Regal Cineplex, "broadcast" facilities for ESPN, along with entertainment, restaurant, residential and office space. The company has begun fully developing the 28-acre Millennium Dome and adjacent property located in the eastern part of London along the Thames River and will create The O2, which includes a 23,000-seat arena and over 650,000 square feet of leisure and entertainment use within the "Dome" and additional arenas, The O2 World, on a 45-acre site in the heart of Berlin, in Ontario, California and Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri as well as a Red Bull Park, a 25,000-seat soccer stadium in Harrison, New Jersey.

Contact Info:

Jennifer Wojnarski

Beckerman Public Relations

jennifer@beckermanpr.com

908-781-6420 Ext. 106

908-781-6422

Guest Guest_ExBlueTider_*
That article in the Ledger was the most bizarre thind I've ever read, they were actually comparing major traffic jams in the Denver and San Diago metropolitan areas to Harrison. A major traffic jam by Denver  or San Diago standards would equal a traffic jam from Harrison to Lyndhurst.  The residents of Harrison are in for a rude awakening when this nightmare opens. Remember where you heard it first , folks. ( And make sure you're sitting down when you open your tax bills after this 40 million dollars on the town credit card comes due. )

I'd have to agree with you, 2smart. To say this stadium is going to be a magnet is such a crock. Look at the stadium accross the river, do you see any "high-end" retailers flocking around that place. Look at Yankee stadium, same deal. These developers will promise you the moon, but there's no guarantee's and no refunds on your money. That 40 million has gone down the tubes.

SHUT THE HELL UP A HOLE

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK OF READING YOUR CRAP.

WHY DON'T YOU MOVE ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN.

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU DO WITH YOUR SELF BESIDES COMPLAIN ON THESE FORUMS.

YOU ARE NO MR HARRISON BECAUSE ALL YOU SO IS TRASH TALK THE TOWN.

Look around you stupid, can't you see that everyone has moved or is in the process of moving. The few of us that remain are doing the best we can to stop this redevelopment insanity. If you want to see a new town, why don't you move? In the meantime stay in the wood work where you belong.

Look around you stupid, can't you see that everyone has moved or is in the process of moving.  The few of us that remain are doing the best we can to stop this redevelopment insanity.  If you want to see a new town, why don't you move?  In the meantime stay in the wood work where you belong.

who are you calling stupid, You cannot stop anything. I have moved because of a holes like you.

your to f@cking dumb to anything but complain on this forum.

who are you calling stupid, You cannot stop anything. I have moved because of a holes like you.

YOU ARE STUPID AREN'T YOU. IF YOU MOVED KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF IT

YOU BIG A-HOLE OK. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, WORRY ABOUT THE TOWN IN WHICH YOU LIVE NOW. STUPID IGNORANT NOSY PERSON.

What? you don't like to be put down, you moved than stay OUT, and you stop complaining since you do not pay taxes here.

YOU ARE STUPID AREN'T YOU.  IF YOU MOVED KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF IT

YOU BIG A-HOLE OK. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, WORRY ABOUT THE TOWN IN WHICH YOU LIVE NOW.  STUPID IGNORANT NOSY PERSON.

Yeah, well your momma wears combat boots and your fathers underwear.

so is the harrison redevelopment board illegal as stated in the federal lawsuit filed by Steven Adler. Remember Steven petitioned the Department of Community Affairs and they brushed him off saying that he had no standing as a citizen to bring such a petition to dismantle the board. Now, a federal judge has such power so is the land grab over? I think so. Can you count to "two or more" on the board being political officials or employees of the Town. I think you can. Bye Bye sweet heart deals.

Guest Senior Town Resident
so is the harrison redevelopment board illegal as stated in the federal lawsuit filed by Steven Adler.  Remember Steven petitioned the Department of Community Affairs and they brushed him off saying that he had no standing as a citizen to bring such a petition to dismantle the board.  Now, a federal judge has such power so is the land grab over?  I think so.  Can you count to "two or more" on the board being political officials or employees of the Town.  I think you can.  Bye Bye sweet heart deals.

It's a well known fact that the 2 most corrupt counties in the U.S. are Cook County, Illinois and Hudson County, N.J. (not necessarily in that order).

I'd like to believe you're right, but considering the "elite" status of Hudson County, I'll take a "wait and see".

well mr. senior town resident it seems you have been around for some time and i'm sure you have benifited from this corrupt system or you would have left some time ago, with all that is done in town for the seniors you should be ashamed of yourself , don't bite the hand that keeps your ass warm, it gets cold outside.

Guest Guest_Resident_*
so is the harrison redevelopment board illegal as stated in the federal lawsuit filed by Steven Adler.  Remember Steven petitioned the Department of Community Affairs and they brushed him off saying that he had no standing as a citizen to bring such a petition to dismantle the board.  Now, a federal judge has such power so is the land grab over?  I think so.  Can you count to "two or more" on the board being political officials or employees of the Town.  I think you can.  Bye Bye sweet heart deals.

If this is true why haven't I read anything about this lawsuit in the newspapers. How come our local press is silent on stuff like this. They write rose color eyeglass stories on how the stadium is the next best thing to sliced bread. I don't see what's so great about it. More people crowding our town. More traffic grid lock. Increased costs for police and fire. What do we get? Tax revenue? By the time we are done paying the bond back, and all the extra costs for stadium protection (fire and police) we won't have any money to attend a game. Is the lawsuit real or is this just KOTW rumors.