Cell Tower By School

Guest Concerned Parent

Guest Concerned Parent

Is anyone aware of a new CELL TOWER going up across the street from Roosevelt School? Yes, I said ROOSEVELT SCHOOL!!

This tower is going on the building directly across the street from the school. 141 Stewart Ave, corner of Kearny Ave.

How, who and why would anyone want to put, and be allowed to put a cell tower across from a school full of our children.

Just a short time ago, the residents around the Beechmont building, on the corner of Quincy and Beech Street fought about the cell equipment on that building and since all the equipment has been removed. So I guess it is not alright to have these type things by residential buildings, but it is OK to have them next to a SCHOOL!!!!

Who has anything to add to this terrible, greed driven, no concern for our CHILDREN disgrace!!!!!!! Also who approved this to happen?????

Guest Town Official
Is anyone aware of a new CELL TOWER going up across the street from Roosevelt School? Yes, I said ROOSEVELT SCHOOL!!

This tower is going on the building directly across the street from the school. 141 Stewart Ave, corner of Kearny Ave.

How, who and why would anyone want to put, and be allowed to put a cell tower across from a school full of our children.

Just a short time ago, the residents around the Beechmont building, on the corner of Quincy and Beech Street fought about the cell equipment on that building and since all the equipment has been removed. So I guess it is not alright to have these type things by residential buildings, but it is OK to have them next to a SCHOOL!!!!

Who has anything to add to this terrible, greed driven, no concern for our CHILDREN disgrace!!!!!!! Also who approved this to happen?????

Cell towers must be approved by the town council. I don't recall this issue being on the council agenda. Does anyone know when it was approved ??

Guest JUST ME
Cell towers must be approved by the town council.  I don't recall this issue being on the council agenda. Does anyone know when it was approved ??

Do you all know that Mike *******'s father owns that building, go figure.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Maybe I'm reading more into this, but are you so upset that the cell tower is across from Roosevelt School, yes I said Roosevelt School. Would it have been more acceptable across from Washington School? Just an observation about your post.

Guest Third Warder
Cell towers must be approved by the town council.  I don't recall this issue being on the council agenda. Does anyone know when it was approved ??

DUH....isn't that building owned by the ********'s????? That's how it got done!!!!! Nice rental income - better than actual tenants. There'll be a nice campaign contribution to the Kearny Dems.

DUH....isn't that building owned by the ********'s????? That's how it got done!!!!! Nice rental income - better than actual tenants. There'll be a nice campaign contribution to the Kearny Dems.

mW/cm2 uW/cm2 OET bullentin No.65 10 August 1997 this is a reckless move.

Guest Also Concerned
Maybe I'm reading more into this, but are you so upset that the cell tower is across from Roosevelt School, yes I said Roosevelt School.  Would it have been more acceptable across from Washington School?  Just an observation about your post.

This is a serious topic no matter where this tower is being installed. You my friend have a complex.

Instead of addressing the issue of this tower going up across the street from a SCHOOL, any SCHOOL which it might be, you write with arrogance, because YES you did read to deep into the post!

I got an idea, install this tower in your living room!!!! Just an observation about the type person you are.

This is a serious topic no matter where this tower is being installed. You my friend have a complex.

Instead of addressing the issue of this tower going up across the street from a SCHOOL, any SCHOOL which it might be, you write with arrogance, because YES you did read to deep into the post!

I got an idea, install this tower in your living room!!!! Just an observation about the type person you are.

About the kind of person I am, you have no idea. The reason for my reading into this is that in the op, the words ROOSEVELT SCHOOL were in all caps. If the problem was that the towers were being placed across the street from any Kearny School, why all the emphasis on Roosevelt. I don't think that the towers belong anywhere within town limits, but let's be clear, we're ALL upset about it being close to any school, not just the academy, right?

Guest Concerned
About the kind of person I am, you have no idea.  The reason for my reading into this is that in the op, the words ROOSEVELT SCHOOL were in all caps.  If the problem was that the towers were being placed across the street from any Kearny School, why all the emphasis on Roosevelt.  I don't think that the towers belong anywhere within town limits, but let's be clear, we're ALL upset about it being close to any school, not just the academy, right?

Each time you post it becomes clear the type person you are. Once again the arrogance with refering to roosevelt school as the academy. By the way I didn't caps Roosevelt School for you. If I had wrote just SCHOOL, would you know what school I was talking about?

Seems like you should talk to somebody about the envy, or should I say the chip you carry around regarding roosevelt SCHOOL. :unsure:

But, yes we should all be upset about them being so close to a SCHOOL!!!

And if they happen to go up by another SCHOOL, I'll be sure to emphasis that SCHOOL'S name.

Each time you post it becomes clear the type person you are. Once again the arrogance with refering to roosevelt school as the academy. By the way I didn't caps Roosevelt School for you. If I had wrote just SCHOOL, would you know what school I was talking about?

Seems like you should talk to somebody about the envy, or should I say the chip you carry around regarding roosevelt SCHOOL. :unsure:

But, yes we should all be upset about them being so close to a SCHOOL!!!

And if they happen to go up by another SCHOOL, I'll be sure to emphasis that SCHOOL'S name.

Please reread the OP, Roosevelt Schoolo is in ALL CAPS.

don't you know? It's all about money, I know for a fact the phone company that puts up the towers pays the landlord a monthly rent and they are well compensated. What about the towers down across the street from St. Cecilia's Church did they have any permit? I DON'T THINK SO for it was never brought up at any town meetings.......

Didn't you learn anything from the Oompa-loompas?

"Who do you blame when your kid is a brat, Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat. Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame. You know exactly who's to blame: The mother and the father."

Guest Wake up

With all the BS topics here, it seems nobody has any concern for this topic. There is no proven studies to date, that these cell sites cause medical problems, but also there is no data thats says it does not cause medical problems. So I guess we should just pop these things in next to every school and when kids and teachers start growing tumors out the sides of their heads we might say why did they put the cell equipment so close to a school.

This installation is not worth the risk!!!!

By the way, to anyone that has been reading this post, the cell equipment placed on the roof has been COVERED UP with a material that looks like brick face to replicate a chimney. So if you're wondering where this stuff is, it's hiding behind the fake chimney!!!!! Go figure. :(

With all the BS topics here, it seems nobody has any concern for this topic. There is no proven studies to date, that these cell sites cause medical problems, but also there is no data thats says it does not cause medical problems. So I guess we should just pop these things in next to every school and when kids and teachers start growing tumors out the sides of their heads we might say why did they put the cell equipment so close to a school.

This installation is not worth the risk!!!!

By the way, to anyone that has been reading this post, the cell equipment placed on the roof has been COVERED UP with a material that looks like brick face to replicate a chimney. So if you're wondering where this stuff is, it's hiding behind the fake chimney!!!!! Go figure. :(

:angry: well you have bigger problems than a cell tower! there is more things going over your head than cell waves! and you still have the worst dump EVER under your nose! the air and dust from years of all kinds of metal work! the towers are like power lines ! you gota live with them :angry:

:) well you have bigger problems than a cell tower! there is more things going over your head than cell waves! and you still have the worst dump EVER under your nose! the air and dust from years of all kinds of metal work! the towers are like power lines ! you gota live with them B)

Have you heard of "The Bowery Boys"? Well oldfart is one of the original "Ashpit Boys". Along with Mangin and JW.

Have you heard of "The Bowery Boys"? Well oldfart is one of the original "Ashpit Boys".  Along with Mangin and JW.

:)B) well thank you! i think the other 2 are gents too! im in good company! :P:P

Guest Kearny Resident
:lol: well you have bigger problems than a cell tower! there is more things going over your head than cell waves! and you still have the worst dump EVER under your nose! the air and dust from years of all kinds of metal work! the towers are like power lines ! you gota live with them :P

No you don't!!!!

These towers are put on building owners roofs for one purpose==== GREED!

They bring in huge rents every month!!!

By the way, Farty, you poke your nose into every post on this site. A person apparently from FLA. shouldn't really offer your view since you don't live here and this topic has nothing to do with you.

As for putting this across from a school, has to be one of the worst decisions someone can make.

I'm shocked about how few parents are raising a concern with this.

No you don't!!!!

These towers are put on building owners roofs for one purpose==== GREED!

They bring in huge rents every month!!!

By the way, Farty, you poke your nose into every post on this site. A person apparently from FLA. shouldn't really offer your view since you don't live here and this topic has nothing to do with you.

As for putting this across from a school, has to be one of the worst decisions someone can make.

I'm shocked about how few parents are raising a concern with this.

As usual you're all getting into personal comments and getting away from the issue raised. I would like to know who approved this since the equipment intrudes onto town property and or right of way. This had to be approved by the town. It may have been the Zoning Board, or the Construction Code Office. A few facts may enlighten everyone including who owns the building, who signed off on this plan, and how much rental is received, especially if it is partially on town property. Does the town get some rental or just the building owner? I am not happy about any locations close to any school, but this sticks out like a sore thumb.