Harrison #1 COPS S.O.S

Guest Guest

Harrison is now ranked #1...#1 in the rise of crime.That is #1 in Hudson County!!!!! Crime is up 13 +%....and they want to cut out more officers

Harrison Police has lost many men that have not been replaced...and the Town wants to cut them down even MORE!!!!!!!

GOD help us...the stadium is not even here yet!!!!!!!!!!!

HIRE more POLICE don't buy another snow melter!!!

how can the town officials and police chief leave our town shorthanded with all the crime stopping being done across the river in newark, our town will become a new stompping ground for all the criminals and gangs forced out fo newark, please all voting residents demand a stop to this foolish by our green behind the ears police chief and make him start protecting the citizens and not worry about saving money to make the polititions look good.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harrison is now ranked #1...#1 in the rise of crime.That is #1 in Hudson County!!!!! Crime is up 13 +%....and they want to cut out more officers

Harrison Police has lost many men that have not been replaced...and the Town wants to cut them down even MORE!!!!!!!

Good reason to merge the Kearny, Harrison and E. Newark PD. 1 Chief and more Indians to do the day to day street job.

Guest 1whoknows

Its about time the residents are able to see that the mayor and council don't give a rats ass about you or the men in blue......

Screw the Snow Melter and screw SPECIALS too.... More COPS not wannabees...

Its about time the residents are able to see that the mayor and council don't give a rats ass about you or the men in blue......

This is very true. I would like to know why the Mayor is allowing the hiring of new firemen all the time, but never hires more cops. Unfortunately, he wants everyone to believe that we live in a safe town. The crime that goes on in Harrison should be published in the papers so that everyone is aware of what is going on.

As far as the new Chief is concerned, he seriously needs to get his priorities straight. Permanent shifts only created less manpower per shift, therefore, we do not have the number of cops to properly patrol the town. I would also like to know why a police officer now needs permission to tow cars. This is ludicrious. Both the Mayor and Chief should let the cops go out on the street and do their job and things would be alot better.

Keep up the good work HPD, there are many town residents who realize what you guys are up against.

Guest Guest_Guests_*

It's not the number of cops that's important, it's what the cops we already have are doing. I see numbers indicating crime is up, I don't see an equal number indicating arrests are up. Either we need more detectives or better trainned detectives.

This is very true.  I would like to know why the Mayor is allowing the hiring of new firemen all the time, but never hires more cops.  Unfortunately, he wants everyone to believe that we live in a safe town.  The crime that goes on in Harrison should be published in the papers so that everyone is aware of what is going on. 

As far as the new Chief is concerned, he seriously needs to get his priorities straight.  Permanent shifts only created less manpower per shift, therefore, we do not have the number of cops to properly patrol the town.  I would also like to know why a police officer now needs permission to tow cars.  This is ludicrious.  Both the Mayor and Chief should let the cops go out on the street and do their job and things would be alot better.

Keep up the good work HPD, there are many  town residents who realize what you guys are up against.

How exactly does Steady shifts mean Less cops on the street?? Kearny has had Steady shifts since 1994 at least, North Arlington for a little less time as well, and they dont seem to have the problems that you doom and gloom folks are predicting, Kearny also has unlimited sick time..and once again, there doesnt seem to be the abuse meltdown THERE. In fact, IIRC, Kearny PD's sick time went DOWN once they went to steady shifts, which matched the studies and data they used to justify that to the Town at the time. in fact, take a look around at surrounding communities in both hudson and essex Counties, and you'll see that the Majority of them work steady shifts. Newark, Jersey City, Belleville North Arlington, Bayonne, Hoboken, and i can go on..All steady shifts, and some of them <GASP> Even work 4 on 4 off!!!! Oh the horrors!!!! God forbid Harrison should do something that might improve the health of it's officers...yet another reason i am SO Glad I passed on HPD when i had the chance.

It's not the number of cops that's important, it's what the cops we already have are doing.  I see numbers indicating crime is up, I don't see an equal number indicating arrests are up.  Either we need more detectives or better trainned detectives.

I disagree, detectives are after the fact guys. They followup crimes that already have been committed. Steady shifts have left the Patrol Squads short handed. This was a misguided priority of the hand picked Chief. Keep the Patrol Squads manned and the crime rate will come down. Maybe we should do away with the detectives. Check and see how many arrests they have made. They're at the bottom of the list. B):unsure::unsure:

This is very true.  I would like to know why the Mayor is allowing the hiring of new firemen all the time, but never hires more cops.  Unfortunately, he wants everyone to believe that we live in a safe town.  The crime that goes on in Harrison should be published in the papers so that everyone is aware of what is going on. 

As far as the new Chief is concerned, he seriously needs to get his priorities straight.  Permanent shifts only created less manpower per shift, therefore, we do not have the number of cops to properly patrol the town.  I would also like to know why a police officer now needs permission to tow cars.  This is ludicrious.  Both the Mayor and Chief should let the cops go out on the street and do their job and things would be alot better.

Keep up the good work HPD, there are many  town residents who realize what you guys are up against.

more cops for what?????????it's the correct management that enables cops to do right we have plenty if all were placed properly in target areas but the buddies are selected to stay in and product a lunch menu or praise other buddies on doing NOTHING! NOTHING you want more cops have three detectives qualified on days, one commander and the rest sit your a**es in cars and ride around looking for crime. you don't have to drive long. stop picking the same handful morons from the gardens or hanging out just outside the bridges,people know your cars and know you. your plans are played out just like your tactics. :unsure: watch csi for clues on how to patrol effectively.you guys remind me of dungan security guards guarded two guys department stores. :unsure:

Guest Been there!
more cops for what?????????it's the correct management that enables cops to do right we have plenty if all were placed properly in target areas but the buddies are selected to stay in and product a lunch menu or praise other buddies on doing NOTHING! NOTHING you want more cops have three detectives qualified on days, one commander and the rest sit your a**es in cars and ride around looking for crime. you don't have to drive long. stop picking the same handful morons from the gardens or hanging out just outside the bridges,people know your cars and know you. your plans are played out just like your tactics.  :unsure: watch csi for clues on how to patrol effectively.you guys remind me of dungan security guards guarded two guys department stores. :unsure:

50 cops in 1 square mile is more then adequate. Harrison has a population of 15,000. The average per thousand in NJ is 2.5 X 15 =37.7 cops. Add to that the civilians that are doing jobs such as dispatching and parking enforcement, and you have more then enough. Get the Officers in the DB away from their desks and on patrol and that will solve the problem. Don't blame the Chief. He is doing as much as he can. But, Chiefs are always the scapegoats when things go bad. If you look at the 10 year crime priod, you will see that 454 crimes in 2005 ain't bad. Put things in proper perspective and don't get alarmed by newspaper headlines. In 1996 there were 964 crimes and we had 65 cops. So, crime is down 53% in 2005 when compared to 1196. Good job Chief.

50 cops in 1 square mile is more then adequate. Harrison has a population of 15,000. The average per thousand in NJ is 2.5 X 15 =37.7 cops. Add to that the civilians that are doing jobs such as dispatching and parking enforcement, and you have more then enough. Get the Officers in the DB away from their desks and on patrol and that will solve the problem. Don't blame the Chief. He is doing as much as he can. But, Chiefs are always the scapegoats when things go bad. If you look at the 10 year crime priod, you will see that 454 crimes in 2005 ain't bad. Put things in proper perspective and don't get alarmed by newspaper headlines. In 1996 there were 964 crimes and we had 65 cops. So, crime is down 53% in 2005 when compared to 1196. Good job Chief.

yeah well thanks for that mommy chief but sonny boy has no clue on how to manage a department. scape goat i think not ,considering his boys are those he placed in the detective bureau. secondly, your numbers were taken from where? your scale?back in 1996 we had a strong leader in charge, he took sh*t from no one not even the mayor and crew. every cop on the force knows that. can't say that about your sonny boy. morale? there's no leadership, looks like that course he took with the fbi was just a scam. hate to admit this but the civilians are more productive then the cops. maybe our answer is to have a civilian adminstrator instead of your sonny boy, he can always work for ronnie. :lol::lol: i'll teach him how to change oil and lube something other then the boss :lol:

How exactly does Steady shifts mean Less cops on the street?? Kearny has had Steady shifts since 1994 at least, North Arlington for a little less time as well, and they dont seem to have the problems that you doom and gloom folks are predicting, Kearny also has unlimited sick time..and once again, there doesnt seem to be the abuse meltdown THERE.  In fact, IIRC, Kearny PD's sick time went DOWN once they went to steady shifts, which matched the studies and data they used to justify that to the Town at the time.  in fact, take a look around at surrounding communities in both hudson and essex Counties, and you'll see that the Majority of them work steady shifts. Newark, Jersey City, Belleville North Arlington, Bayonne, Hoboken, and i can go on..All steady shifts, and some of them <GASP> Even work 4 on 4 off!!!!  Oh the horrors!!!!  God forbid Harrison should do something that might improve the health of it's officers...yet another reason i am SO Glad I passed on HPD when i had the chance.

To answer your question, when HPD had rotating ships there were 5 squads, with permanent shifts there are 6 squads. So in order to accomplish this, they had to take officers from the 5 squads to create the sixth one.

50 cops OK let's see 20 are top level bosse = don't do nothing

so that leaves 30-2 in Traffic 28-5 in DB 23.Court boy Marko-22 half on days off=11 that = 11 cops for 3 shifts 24hrs right? 3 cops for each shift...that's no vaction or guys out sick right? 3 DO YOU FEEL SAFE WITH 3 COME ON THE STADIUM

Det. Kearns,why not put the cops on foot patrol or bike patrol through the town,so people will be more aware if they are up to no good. And the people will feel a little more at ease. Think about it.

I'm sure that the ladies and children that walk the street, would not be comforted by your crime statistics.

Why don't we aim to be the 'best' crime-free town in hudson county????

Don't brag umtil we are No1 in the 'least' amount of crime in Hudson County

I'm sure that the ladies and children that walk the street, would not be comforted by your crime statistics.

Why don't we aim to be the 'best' crime-free town in hudson county????

Don't brag umtil we are No1 in the 'least' amount of crime in Hudson County

I disagree, detectives are after the fact guys. They followup crimes that already have been committed. Steady shifts have left the Patrol Squads short handed. This was a misguided priority of the hand picked Chief. Keep the Patrol Squads manned and the crime rate will come down. Maybe we should do away with the detectives. Check and see how many arrests they have made. They're at the bottom of the list. B):ph34r::blink:

HPD HAS FLOURISHED SINCE THE NEW SHIFTS HAVE STARTED, ie ARREST ARE UP, SUMMONES ARE UP, QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES ARE BEING WAGED, BUT THE TOWN FATHERS LACK OF HIRING POLICE OFFICERS AND THE CREATION OF 3 HOUR TRAFFIC POST ARE THE MAIN REASON THE CRIME RATE IS SO HIGH......

HIRE MORE COPS NOT CIVILIAN....JUST SAY NO TO SPECIALS AND SAY YES TO 10-12 MORE PTC CERTIFIED COPS

Guest 1WHOKNOWS

I disagree, detectives are after the fact guys. They followup crimes that already have been committed. Steady shifts have left the Patrol Squads short handed. This was a misguided priority of the hand picked Chief. Keep the Patrol Squads manned and the crime rate will come down. Maybe we should do away with the detectives. Check and see how many arrests they have made. They're at the bottom of the list. B):ph34r::blink:

HPD HAS FLOURISHED SINCE THE NEW SHIFTS HAVE STARTED, ie ARREST ARE UP, SUMMONES ARE UP, QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES ARE BEING WAGED, BUT THE TOWN FATHERS LACK OF HIRING POLICE OFFICERS AND THE CREATION OF 3 HOUR TRAFFIC POST ARE THE MAIN REASON THE CRIME RATE IS SO HIGH......

HIRE MORE COPS NOT CIVILIAN....JUST SAY NO TO SPECIALS AND SAY YES TO 10-12 MORE PTC CERTIFIED COPS

Guest BYE BYE VIN

HEY VIN, not only is your math a little fuzzy, but remeber when you were the Chief and had 62 sworn certified officers, "Go fetch the ASBURY PARK PRESS TRUCK" and keep your silly ass math out of the Town of Harrison :blink:

Det. Kearns,why not put the cops on foot patrol or bike patrol through the town,so people will be more aware if they are up to no good. And the people will feel a little more at ease. Think about it.

GET A PAIR OF GLASSES YOU MORON!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO SEE THEM ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LISTEN FOR THEM, THEY GO FROM JOB TO JOB W?LIGHTS AND SIREN ON< DON'T YOU READ OTHER FORM OF NEWS? LOOK AT THE CRIME RATE SPECIFICALLY THE VIOLENT CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS WHEN YOUR GETTING YOU ASS KICKED AND THE ONLY 4 COPS WORKING ARE ON TRAFFIC POSTS DO YOU REALLY WANT THEY OFFICER WHO IS WALKING THE BEAT OR RIDING A BIKE TO RESPOND!!!! WAKE UP THIS IS NOT HARRISON 1976 THIS IS LITTLE NEWARK 2006......

Guest Guest????

I Don,t think there are 50 Cops on Our Police force can any one answer this , Thanks