Crime is up in Harrison

Guest Crime fighter

Guest Crime fighter

The uniform crime report revealed that crime was up 13.5% in Harrison in 2005. That is a significant increase while the rest of the state experienced a 3%decrease in crime. What's happening? Are the cops sitting on their hands? I thought the new steady shifts would increase morale and make them work harder. Apparently the opposite is happening.

I think that the Police Committee should sit down with the new Chief and ask him what he is doing to prevent crime. What ever happened to community policing? Its time for a change in Harrison. The Chief must produce better results then a 13.5% increase. He has to do crime analysis and put the officers when and where the crime is happening. Its time for a shakeup. New personnel are needed in the Detective Bureau. Its time to stop using the DB offices for a PBA gathering place. :

(

Guest JERSEY FLY

SURE GLAD WE HAVE SKY ROCKETING MORALE ALONG WITH THE CRIME RATE. JOLLY GEE........SEE THE HPD DOESN'T ONLY F*CK UP ON INVESTIGATIONS BUT ON CRIME TOO. KOTW YOU SEE WE DO HAVE MONKEYS WITH UNIFORM AND SUITS.EQUALITY COUNTS NOWADAYS. :P

shame on this police chief , he has droped the ball and has lost the confidence of his dept. resignation is the thought for the day................. pass it on..........

SURE GLAD WE HAVE SKY ROCKETING MORALE ALONG WITH THE CRIME RATE. JOLLY GEE........SEE THE HPD DOESN'T ONLY F*CK UP ON INVESTIGATIONS BUT ON CRIME TOO. KOTW YOU SEE WE DO HAVE MONKEYS WITH UNIFORM AND SUITS.EQUALITY COUNTS NOWADAYS. :P

Must be all those quarters that were taken increased the crime rate.

SURE GLAD WE HAVE SKY ROCKETING MORALE ALONG WITH THE CRIME RATE. JOLLY GEE........ KOTW YOU SEE WE DO HAVE MONKEYS WITH UNIFORM AND SUITS.EQUALITY COUNTS NOWADAYS. :P

SEE THE HPD DOESN'T ONLY F*CK UP ON INVESTIGATIONS BUT ON CRIME TOO.

Why are you picking on the police? It is the Mayor and Councul and Police Administration that sets policies and limits what the Officers can do. How many new officers have been hired? How many times are the Officers disciplined for taking initiative? It is hard to cut crime when you are understaffed and your hands are tied.

Guest Billy the Kid
Harrison Crime is UP per article in Jersey Journal.  Any intelligent discussion..

Harrison Crime Rate

THANK YOU for providing the link to the Star Ledger UCR report, but if you think 2005 had a big jump in crime in Harrison wiat til this time next year when you provide the same link...

I know you get the picture, but unfortunately our cockeyed leaders don't have a clue!!!!!!!

Mr. Mayor your Street Dept. should not have more member than your Police Dept.

I digress though we all know why the street dept. is bigger...LOL

I would suggest to the fine People left in Harrison to run for the borders, but under this regime the borders have totally disappeared.

Let the COPS run the Streets not these punk ass foreigners who are terrorizing the community...

GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO THEIR JOBS MR. MAYOR, MORE COPS

Guest Billy the Kid
Harrison Crime is UP per article in Jersey Journal.  Any intelligent discussion..

Harrison Crime Rate

THANK YOU for providing the link to the Star Ledger UCR report, but if you think 2005 had a big jump in crime in Harrison wiat til this time next year when you provide the same link...

I know you get the picture, but unfortunately our cockeyed leaders don't have a clue!!!!!!!

I would suggest to the fine People left in Harrison to run for the borders, but under this regime the borders have totally disappeared.

Let the COPS run the Streets not these punk ass foreigners who are terrorizing the community...

GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO THEIR JOBS MR. MAYOR, MORE COPS

shame on this police chief ,  he has droped the ball and has lost the confidence of his dept.  resignation is the thought for the day.................  pass it on..........

He got the job because of politics. He should do the right thing as the guy on the news says and hand in his resignation as Chief and go back to Captain. Put some one there who knows what to do.

Why are you picking on the police?  It is the Mayor and Councul and Police Administration that sets policies and limits what the Officers can do.  How many new officers have been hired?  How many times are the Officers disciplined for taking initiative?  It is hard to cut crime when you are understaffed and your hands are tied.

Wasn't he and the Mayor quoted in the Observer that morale was up and sick time had decreased because of the steady shifts. Apparently they forgot to check the crime index. :unsure:

Guest Angry Taxpayer

GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO THEIR JOBS MR. MAYOR,  MORE COPS

Wait until this stadium opens and we have drunken thugs roaming the streets after their team lost. I hope our under-staffed police dept is ready.

Guest Senior Town Resident

Why are you picking on the police?  It is the Mayor and Councul and Police Administration that sets policies and limits what the Officers can do.  How many new officers have been hired?  How many times are the Officers disciplined for taking initiative?  It is hard to cut crime when you are understaffed and your hands are tied.

Can anyone tell me how many cops we have in town ?

the public should demand a resignation from the police chief....

He didn't earn the job---he was chosen because he promised to do the Mayor's bidding. He should do the right thing and ask to go back to Captain. Then hold a test and let the winner become Chief.

The uniform crime report revealed that crime was up 13.5% in Harrison in 2005. That is a significant increase while the rest of the state experienced a 3%decrease in crime. What's happening? Are the cops sitting on their hands? I thought the new steady shifts would increase morale and make them work harder. Apparently the opposite is happening.

I think that the Police Committee should sit down with the new Chief and ask him what he is doing to prevent crime. What ever happened to community policing? Its time for a change in Harrison. The Chief must produce better results then a 13.5% increase. He has to do crime analysis and put the officers when and where the crime is happening. Its time for a shakeup. New personnel are needed in the Detective Bureau. Its time to stop using the DB offices for a PBA gathering place. :

(

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to two business owners who had their businesses broken into. In each case they were able to tell me exactly who was responsible. They learned this from other people in the neighborhood.

It seem everyone knows who is committing these crimes but the police. Of course it is one thing to know but another to prove who did it. Better trained detectives should be able to prove who did what.

GIVE THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO DO THEIR JOBS MR. MAYOR,  MORE COPS

A thousand more cops sitting at Dunkin Doughnuts isn't going to reduce crime. We either need more detectives or better trained detectives. Get them off their butts and out investigating crimes until their is an arrest. If they cant find the bad guys, put someone in there who can. Send these guys to schools so they get better trained.

It is not the Officers fault, their hands are tied. It is almost like a waste of time for these guys to go to the Academy because they are not allowed to do what they were trained to do, did the Mayor, DPW or Council ever graduate the Academy? What do they know about Law? The new Officers that are fairly new are doing a great job there are at least 3-4 of them who do not care who you are or who you are related to, unfortunately once they are brought into the station they are told don't you know who that is? It really shouldn't matter who you are if you break the law you should be punished, instead they keep giving everyone the old slap on the wrist and they are back out the next day doing the same things they were arrested for. How is anyone supposed to learn it is not going to be tolerated if they are not punished?

Wasn't he and the Mayor quoted in the Observer that morale was up and sick time had decreased because of the steady shifts. Apparently they forgot to check the crime index. :unsure:

Wasn't that right before the election?? Don't you people get it? He is making their lives such a living hell they are starting to all hate each other, is that going to be good in a crisis? Will they have each others back? I would think everone learned something from 911 - UNITY. It is much better to have guys that work together then to have guys work against each other. I hope all the officers see what is really happening, I personally think he is making your life a living hell so you will transfer to another town, this way he can get down to 30. Do the residents of this town a favor and don't give him that satisfaction, work as a team and keep up the good work.

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to two business owners who had their businesses broken into.  In each case they were able to tell me exactly who was responsible.  They learned this from other people in the neighborhood. 

It seem everyone knows who is committing these crimes but the police.  Of course it is one thing to know but another to prove who did it.  Better trained detectives should be able to prove who did what.

There has to be a clean sweep in the Detective Bureau. Out with the crybabies and in with the workers who will do the job. What is their clearance rates? Why are they not held accountable?

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to two business owners who had their businesses broken into.  In each case they were able to tell me exactly who was responsible.  They learned this from other people in the neighborhood. 

It seem everyone knows who is committing these crimes but the police.  Of course it is one thing to know but another to prove who did it.  Better trained detectives should be able to prove who did what.

nothing that is NOT EARNED IS WORTH KEEPING! better trained detectives? HOW ABOUT REAL DETECTIVES!!!!none of this jean wearing driving chiefy around nonsense for starters. steady shifts caused this mess and a no brainer kiss a$$ placed position. what morale? again you earn it then it works otherwise eat sh#t. more cops? for what reason how about use what you have on patrol not this pansy created positions. the hpd has a sleepfeast during their tours along with cell phone feast or out of town feast. i saw a unit not too long ago heading onto rt 21 at five thrity in the morning where the hell was he headed? by himself no less? going home in units? rarely do you even see them in town. sounds to me there is a problem. of course the chief don't care he don't live in town.sounds to me you have PERSONNEL PROBLEM.at this rate,forget the townlines and merge with newark. B):unsure::unsure:

Guest Andy Taylor
nothing that is NOT EARNED IS WORTH KEEPING! better trained detectives? HOW ABOUT REAL DETECTIVES!!!!none of this jean wearing driving chiefy around nonsense for starters. steady shifts caused this mess and a no brainer kiss a$$ placed position. what morale? again you earn it then it works otherwise eat sh#t. more cops? for what reason how about use what you have on patrol not this pansy created positions. the hpd has a sleepfeast during their tours  along with cell phone feast or out of town feast. i saw a unit not too long ago heading onto rt 21 at five thrity in the morning where the hell was he headed? by himself no less? going home in units? rarely do you even see them in town. sounds to me there is a problem. of course the chief don't care he don't live in town.sounds to me you have PERSONNEL PROBLEM.at this rate,forget the townlines and merge with newark. B)  :unsure:  :unsure:

..and on what credentials are you posting all this crap on???

..wannabe??

..low scorer??

..change counter??

:P:P:P:P:P:P:ph34r:

There has to be a clean sweep in the Detective Bureau. Out with the crybabies and in with the workers who will do the job. What is their clearance rates? Why are they not held accountable?

beacause daddy chief watches over us! :lol: we flock together! pay our way to stay inside,cover up each other's errors we do right by our department blame patrol the bottom of the barrel :lol::lol::lol: