Consolidation of Services

Guest Tax Cutter

Guest Tax Cutter

It makes no sense to have 3 Police and Fire Depts. in West Hudson. Property taxes are so high because of this. Why not merge the 3 Police and Fire Depts into the West Hudson Police and Fire and have 1 Chief for each department. Does it make sense to have a Police Chief in a small area such as Harrison or E. Newark?

The way to combat high property taxes is to consolidate services with other towns.

Guest Guest
It makes no sense to have 3 Police and Fire Depts. in West Hudson. Property taxes are so high because of this. Why not merge the 3 Police and Fire Depts into the West Hudson Police and Fire and have 1 Chief for each department. Does it make sense to have a Police Chief in a small area such as HarrisonĀ  or E. Newark?

The way to combat high property taxes is to consolidate services with other towns.

I agree, the three governments of Harrison, Kearny and East Newark should have completed this years ago. One West Hudson area!!! One Mayor, expand counsel representatives, One street dep,t, Water, Etc., etc. The Savings for all three communities would be great!!! Then we consolidate School Systems, Boards of Health, etc. All three communities could then be an Urban Enterprise Zone with all of its benefits, an Abbott School District with its benefits, etc. This is the way to go and the timing in Trenton couldn't be better!

Guest Guest

You're a fool. ENFD is Volunteer. And I Assume you would like to include Harrison, Kearny, and East Newark. Can not happen. Will not happen. Santos nor McDonough would approve of this, because Local Public Services should be run by its own town. Just because Harrison Has a bad Chief doesn't mean Harrison F.D. should become part of this one West Hudson Fire Department.

What money are you saving? Each Town will still want a Big Wig gettin Big Bucks, and East Newark would become an irrelevant Department, because it would have to become a Paid Department!! Would you like to have 9/10 of the firefighters paid and 1/10 Volunteer. The Volunteers would say F that let these guys take over. There would be a bias on the Chief's Part due to the Mayor and people like you would B**ch. You make no sense. It would save money on your taxes. If anything it would raise taxes because a bigger Dept has more white shirts, and more bodies to put in uniform.

So Tax Cutter, I'm glad your Political Genius begins and Ends on this Website.

Guest Guest
You're a fool. ENFD is Volunteer. And I Assume you would like to include Harrison, Kearny, and East Newark. Can not happen. Will not happen. Santos nor McDonough would approve of this, because Local Public Services should be run by its own town. Just because Harrison Has a bad Chief doesn't mean Harrison F.D. should become part of this one West Hudson Fire Department.

What money are you saving? Each Town will still want a Big Wig gettin Big Bucks, and East Newark would become an irrelevant Department, because it would have to become a Paid Department!! Would you like to have 9/10 of the firefighters paid and 1/10 Volunteer. The Volunteers would say F that let these guys take over. There would be a bias on the Chief's Part due to the Mayor and people like you would B**ch. You make no sense. It would save money on your taxes. If anything it would raise taxes because a bigger Dept has more white shirts, and more bodies to put in uniform.

Read the Governor's action plan. He plans on making it easier to merge civil service postions with non-civil service. He also plans on consolidating services for local towns and school districts. The days of wine and roses are over. No more payouts for sick and vacation time. 1 Chief instead of 3 will save big bucks. :lol:

Guest Guest
Read the Governor's action plan. He plans on making it easier to merge civil service postions with non-civil service. He also plans on consolidating services for local towns and school districts. The days of wine and roses are over. No more payouts for sick and vacation time. 1 Chief instead of 3 will save big bucks. :ph34r:

e. nEWARK WILL BE MERGED WITH hARRISON UNDER THE gOVERNOR'S PLAN. tHE SCHOOLS, POLICE AND FIRE AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS WILL BE IN hARRISON. e. nEWARK WILL BE NO MORE. sHOULD HAVE HAPPENED YEARS AGO.

Guest Guest
e. nEWARK WILL BE MERGED WITH hARRISON UNDER THE gOVERNOR'S PLAN. tHE SCHOOLS, POLICE AND FIRE AND OTHER DEPARTMENTS WILL BE IN hARRISON. e. nEWARK WILL BE NO MORE. sHOULD HAVE HAPPENED YEARS AGO.

yeah but at what cost ? look at their depts? yeah........such professionals? NOT.

Guest Guest
I agree, the three governments of Harrison, Kearny and East Newark should have completed this years ago. One West Hudson area!!! One Mayor, expand counsel representatives, One street dep,t, Water, Etc., etc. The Savings for all three communities would be great!!!Ā  Then we consolidate School Systems, Boards of Health, etc.Ā  All three communities could then be an Urban Enterprise Zone with all of its benefits, an Abbott School District with its benefits, etc. This is the way to go and the timing in Trenton couldn't be better!

Mayor Santos cannot support consolidation he will lose his job at the county. Isn't this the guy who ranted and raved in the Hudson Press about the County giving too little back to Kearny and that dual office holding was unethical. Now, he drives a county car filled up with county gas and has a county job. Mayor, read your own Hudson Press editorials you have done exactly what you said was improper. Did I hear "Sold".

Guest Guest

Regarding the Fire Dep't. It would be composed of Paid and Volunteers much like Edison is currently. East Newark has many good responsible firefighters, and some not so great, the same as the Paid Dep'ts. of Harrison and Kearny. This proposed merger would also include the Kearny Vol. (some of whom are paid) Emergency Squad! It would be a great asset to all three municipalities in the West Hudson Area and a great start to stabilize or even lower taxes, depending on the paid/volunteer mix. This works in many communities throughout the country. Why wouldn't it work here? On many occasions these Dep'ts. work together now, Harrison doesn't get a fire that they don't call Kearny for help, and Kearny calls Harrison for at least 10 times the number of Medical Aides (then Harr. calls for help with fires). East Newark has helped both dep'ts. as both paid Dep'ts. have helped them - so it's almost a perfect fit! You can be sure some of the white shirts (officers) will baulk as well as some politicians, but who cares. All residents and regular firefighters would benefit with the extra manpower and LOWER TAXES.

Guest Guest
Read the Governor's action plan. He plans on making it easier to merge civil service postions with non-civil service. He also plans on consolidating services for local towns and school districts. The days of wine and roses are over. No more payouts for sick and vacation time. 1 Chief instead of 3 will save big bucks. :ph34r:

For the price that we pay per student the school system should be privatized, look into KIPP it works, it would not only save Harrison money but the kids would get a much better education, look into it.

Guest GUEST88888
Regarding the Fire Dep't. It would be composed of Paid and Volunteers much like Edison is currently. East Newark has many good responsible firefighters, and some not so great, the same as the Paid Dep'ts. of Harrison and Kearny. This proposed merger would also include the Kearny Vol. (some of whom are paid) Emergency Squad! It would be a great asset to all three municipalities in the West Hudson Area and a great start to stabilize or even lower taxes, depending on the paid/volunteer mix. This works in many communities throughout the country. Why wouldn't it work here? On many occasions these Dep'ts. work together now, Harrison doesn't get a fire that they don't call Kearny for help, and Kearny calls Harrison for at least 10 times the number of Medical Aides (then Harr. calls for help with fires). East Newark has helped both dep'ts. as both paid Dep'ts. have helped them - so it's almost a perfect fit! You can be sure some of the white shirts (officers) will baulk as well as some politicians, but who cares. All residents and regular firefighters would benefit with the extra manpower and LOWER TAXES.

i THINK MERGING IS A GREAT iDEA, YES IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE MANY yEARS AGO....aND ALSO East Newark Fire Dept has some GREAT Volunteer Fire memand Woman I personnally rank them a hell of alot higher then Harrison Fire Dept........They are not not getting paid for what they do so obviously they love what they are doing unlike Harrison they are there for the pay check only.....

i THINK MERGING IS A GREAT iDEA, YES IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE MANY yEARS AGO....aND ALSO East Newark Fire Dept has some GREAT Volunteer Fire memand WomanĀ  I personnally rank them a hell of alot higher then Harrison Fire Dept........They are not not getting paid for what they do so obviously they love what they are doing unlike Harrison they are there for the pay check only.....

Did you see the Belmar Police Chief has a plan to merge his dept. with Wall, Spring Lake, S. Belmar, and a couple of other Towns. he realizes that he will have to give up his Chief's job, but is willing to do it for the betterment of the Towns effected. Is anyone that altruistic in Harrison and E. Newark?

Hey wait I think the hpd chief and dep.chief are friends with the belmar chief maybe they can take some pointers from him. I dont think belmar has all the bullshit like harrison does.

Guest Miss Crabtree
It makes no sense to have 3 Police and Fire Depts. in West Hudson. Property taxes are so high because of this. Why not merge the 3 Police and Fire Depts into the West Hudson Police and Fire and have 1 Chief for each department. Does it make sense to have a Police Chief in a small area such as HarrisonĀ  or E. Newark?

It makes no sense to have a Supt. of Schools and two Asst. Supt. of Schools and many secretaries and curriculum coordinators and grant officers and all of the other "jobs" in the B.O.E. in an Abbott District either. How can this town be proud of that. It's almost 20 years on the Abbott dole now(or longer).

How come no one is moaning about that?

To bad there aren't educators like Honan and Manning around any more. They dealt with their own immigrant waves and the town made out just fine.

Guest Guest_SAMMY_*
Hey wait I think the hpd chief and dep.chief are friends with the belmar chief maybe they can take some pointers from him.Ā  I dont think belmar has all the bullshit like harrison does.

REGARDING MERGING THE LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENTS, I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA.......... THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER ANY WAY.........AND IF IT WOULD SAVE SOME MONEY, WHY NOT......BETTER FIRE SERVICE, BETTER EMS SERVICE, BETTER FOR THE COMMUNITY......WHO COULD BE AGAINST IT????????

Guest SAM I AM
i THINK MERGING IS A GREAT iDEA, YES IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE MANY yEARS AGO....aND ALSO East Newark Fire Dept has some GREAT Volunteer Fire memand WomanĀ  I personnally rank them a hell of alot higher then Harrison Fire Dept........They are not not getting paid for what they do so obviously they love what they are doing unlike Harrison they are there for the pay check only.....

WHO ARE YOU TO RATE ANYBODY....IF YOU KNEW ANYTHING, FIREMEN AND WOMEN, DON'T DO IT FOR MONEY.....NOT ANY ONE WORTH ANYTHING.....THEY DO IT TO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM.... MOST OF THEM COULD DO IN ANY TOWN, OR STATE.....YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE THEM...YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU MAY NEED TILL THE TIME..

Guest Guest88888
REGARDING MERGING THE LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENTS, I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA.......... THEY ALL WORK TOGETHER ANY WAY.........AND IF IT WOULD SAVE SOME MONEY, WHY NOT......BETTER FIRE SERVICE, BETTER EMS SERVICE, BETTER FOR THE COMMUNITY......WHO COULD BE AGAINST IT????????

Yes they do and East Newark is the better of the 2 dept......

Guest Guest8888
Did you see the Belmar Police Chief has a plan to merge his dept. with Wall, Spring Lake, S. Belmar, and a couple of other Towns. he realizes that he will have to give up his Chief's job, but is willing to do it for the betterment of the Towns effected. Is anyone that altruistic in Harrison and E. Newark?

NOT