robberies in town

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

There was another robbery in town. I want to know why it isn't in the papers. We all should be aware of what is going on in town so people especially senior citizens could be more careful. Please chief bring back the neighbhood watch in the observer.

Guest Guest
There was another robbery  in  town. I want to know why it isn't in the papers. We all should be aware of what is going on in town so people especially senior citizens could be more careful. Please chief bring back the neighbhood watch in the observer.

Today is WednesDay, July 19, 2006...There was another Robbery today..Rover or Rovel Junk Yard on North 5Th. St. One of the owners was slammed to the Ground and a Gun Put to His Head by 2 Black Males and Robbed , this was done before noon time I believe....OK HARRISONIANS DO YOU REALLY FEEL SAFE. THIS TOWN IS FAR FROM SAFE ANYMORE. AND NOT JUST FOR THE SENIOR CITIZENS EITHER..I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF AND MAYOR TO GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER AND START PROTECTING THE CITIZENS OF THIS TOWN YOUNG AND OLD. NO ONE IS SAFE NOT EVEN PEOPLE WHO JUST WORK HERE. OH THAT IS WHY WE DO NOT PUT ANY OF THIS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH IN THE OBSERVER IT MIGHT SCARE SOME BUSSINESSES AWAY OR ANY FUTURE ONES.AND IT WILL MOST LIKELY JUST GET WORSE, ONCE THE STADIUM IS DONE....IT IS TIME TO LET THE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, THERE IS A LOT OF CRAP HAPPENING AND WE ARE NOT BEING TOLD....IT IS TIME TO HIRE MORE COPS , MR MAYOR THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OF THEM YOU ARE PUTTING OUR LIVES AND FAMILIES LIVES AT RISK HERE....OR DON'T YOU GIVE A DAMN...IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF TO WAKE UP AS WELL...YOU ARE DOING ONE SHI--Y JOB.....YOU HARDLY EVER SEE A COP IN SOME PARTS OF THIS TOWN AND THAT IS YOUR FAULT, I DON,T FEEL SAFE KNOWING AT TIMES THERE ARE ONLY 2 COPS COVERING THIS ENTIRE TOWN..WE DO HAVE A COUPLE OF GOOD COPS BUT THEY ARE NOT SUPER HEREOS CUT THEM A BREAK OR IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO BREAK THEM, YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB AT IT......WE WANT PROTCTION.....IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYONE IN MY FAMILY THIS TOWN WILL BE SUED FOR LACK OF PROTECTION...THANKS TO THE MAYOR AND CHIEF.....

Guest Guest
There was another robbery  in  town. I want to know why it isn't in the papers. We all should be aware of what is going on in town so people especially senior citizens could be more careful. Please chief bring back the neighbhood watch in the observer.

i second that ! what are they waiting for one of this robbers to shoot & kill one of the innocent people in town before it goes in the paper ? bad enough the person got robbed today by two guys at gun point , or is it bad for the redevelopment to put important information like that in the paper so we all know whats really going on in town

Guest Guest
Today is WednesDay, July 19, 2006...There was another Robbery today..Rover or Rovel Junk Yard on North 5Th. St.  One of the owners was slammed to the Ground and a Gun Put to His Head by 2 Black Males and Robbed , this was done before noon time I believe....OK HARRISONIANS DO YOU REALLY FEEL SAFE.  THIS TOWN IS FAR FROM SAFE ANYMORE. AND  NOT JUST FOR THE SENIOR CITIZENS EITHER..I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF AND MAYOR TO GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER AND START PROTECTING THE CITIZENS OF THIS TOWN YOUNG AND OLD.  NO ONE IS SAFE NOT EVEN PEOPLE WHO JUST WORK HERE.  OH THAT IS WHY WE DO NOT PUT ANY OF THIS IN  THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH IN THE OBSERVER IT MIGHT SCARE SOME BUSSINESSES AWAY OR ANY FUTURE ONES.AND IT WILL MOST LIKELY JUST GET WORSE, ONCE THE STADIUM IS DONE....IT IS TIME TO LET THE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, THERE IS A LOT OF CRAP HAPPENING AND WE ARE NOT BEING TOLD....IT IS TIME TO HIRE MORE COPS , MR MAYOR THERE ARE  NOT ENOUGH OF THEM YOU ARE PUTTING OUR LIVES AND FAMILIES LIVES AT RISK HERE....OR DON'T YOU GIVE A DAMN...IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF TO WAKE UP AS WELL...YOU ARE DOING ONE SHI--Y JOB.....YOU HARDLY EVER SEE A COP IN SOME PARTS OF THIS TOWN AND THAT IS YOUR FAULT, I DON,T FEEL SAFE KNOWING AT TIMES THERE ARE ONLY 2 COPS COVERING THIS ENTIRE TOWN..WE DO HAVE A COUPLE OF GOOD COPS BUT THEY ARE NOT SUPER HEREOS CUT THEM A BREAK  OR IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO BREAK THEM, YOU ARE  DOING A GOOD JOB AT IT......WE WANT PROTCTION.....IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYONE IN MY FAMILY THIS TOWN WILL BE SUED FOR LACK OF PROTECTION...THANKS TO THE MAYOR AND CHIEF.....

you make some good points, but there are enough cops, they're just not where they are supposed to be. they are either hanging out at the gardens or hiding while talking on cell phones. or just riding around not giving a shit. the problem is not quantity, it's quality.

Guest Guest
you make some good points, but there are enough cops, they're just not where they are supposed to be.  they are either hanging out at the gardens or hiding while talking on cell phones.  or just riding around not giving a shit.  the problem is not quantity, it's quality.

Sorry as@hole, there arent enough cops. The dept manpower is at a 15 yr low. The town fathers blame the state meanwhile the residents are placed in a bad spot and the cops are being taxed. They are working way shorthanded with no relief in site. When you have an alarm of fire call, who shows up first? The FD? I don't think so. The PD is there in most cases 3-5 minutes before the FD roll out of their bunks, wipe the sand from their eyes, and oh yeah, call Kearny FD, because TK won't let his guy do their job. The PD response time is usually outstanding. The cops "hang out" at the gardens because there is a post there. You should know your facts before you open up your yap, dipsh@t!

Guest Guest
how do you know this wasn't an isolated incident....the junkyard and garbage business is not run by nuns.....

does it matter a-hole ? the point is another innocent person was robbed today in town and no one is saying a word about it , just better hope its not your mother thats get robbed next time

Guest Guest

for your info the cops do not hang in the gardens during the day. Get your facts straight. The reason they were not caught is because the owner of Rover dialed 911 which went into jersey city before harrison received it.

Guest guest

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

TELL EVERYINE TO START CALLING UP THE NEW POLICE CHIEF AND ALSO THE LADY EDITOR OF THE OBSERVER, REQUESTING BY POPULAR DEMAND THAT THE 'BEST' 'INFORMATIVE 'PART OF THE OBSERVER WAS THE "NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH", AND TO PLEASE BRING IT BACK IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE IT HELPS KEEPS THE LOCAL PEOPLE AWARE OF WHAT TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR IN PROTECTING THEMSELVES AND THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!!

Harrison Police 973-483-4100 ask for Chief Kearns

The Observer Tel: 201-991-1600

FAX: 201-991-8941

Guest guest
i second that ! what are they waiting for one of this robbers to shoot & kill one of the innocent people in town before it goes in the paper ? bad enough the person got robbed today by two guys at gun point , or is it bad for the redevelopment to put important information like that in the paper so we all know whats really going on in town

Send, or Fax or call this news into the Star Ledger, Jersey Journal. If no response, contact the female reprter Joan W. (Whitaker?) on the editorial page in the Star-Ledger.. She does a lot a columns, usually every week, on exposing the shinanigans of former Mayor Sharpe James; maybe she can expand across the river with a couple of articles.

Also, write a letter in the "Letters to the Editor" page, in any or all of the 3 or so local papers, expounding on the unreported local crime.

Guest Guest
Sorry as@hole, there arent enough cops.  The dept manpower is at a 15 yr low.  The town fathers blame the state meanwhile the residents are placed in a bad spot and the cops are being taxed.  They are working way shorthanded with no relief in site.  When you have an alarm of fire call, who shows up first?  The FD?  I don't think so.  The PD is there in most cases 3-5 minutes before the FD roll out of their bunks, wipe the sand from their eyes, and oh yeah, call Kearny FD, because TK won't let his guy do their job.  The PD response time is usually outstanding.  The cops "hang out" at the gardens because there is a post there.  You should know your facts before you open up your yap, dipsh@t!

If the cops are "hanging out in the gardens during the day, they must be hiding"

I live here and you do not see a cop at all during the day, unless they are called.

There is a walk through at night but you only see him once. So I think you are the one who should get your facts straight.

Guest Guest
If the cops are "hanging out in the gardens during the day, they must be hiding"

I live here and you do not see a cop at all during the day, unless they are called.

There is a walk through at night but you only see him once. So I think you are the one who should get your facts straight.

why don't we see a cop walking through the rest of the town and not just the gardens.

Guest Guest
does it matter a-hole ? the point is another innocent person was robbed today in town and no one is saying a word about it , just better hope its not your mother thats get robbed next time

innocent..are u sure???? and die u f&*k for making comments like that...want to meet me?

Guest Guest
you make some good points, but there are enough cops, they're just not where they are supposed to be.  they are either hanging out at the gardens or hiding while talking on cell phones.  or just riding around not giving a shit.  the problem is not quantity, it's quality.

There most certainly are not enough Police Officers in this Town, There are more Crossing Giards then there are Cops, These Guys are over worked and the good Cops Who care about their jobs are getting totally disgusted with Our so called Chief and the Mayor...They is are runniong these guys to the point where they don" t give a damn , they just show up to make sure they get a pay check....What other town do You need permission to yow a car when You stop someone and they don"t have a licencse or are drunk or whatever, these cops have to get permission to tow , WHAT A JOKE ....CHIEFFY IS REALLY OUT OF CONTROL WITH HIS NEW FOUND POWER SINCE HE BECAME CHIEF...DON"t YOU think soooo.Let these Cops do their jobs.And Yes their are cop preence in the Garden in the evening , Let"s get rid of some of these Cops that are more worried about their side bussinesses and are getting in trouble and nothing be done about it but keeping it under the table...and get some that care a little more about the job at hand being a Police Officer and protecting the people of this town....It will not Be long before someone is shot and killed in this town the way things are going now ....WE ARE NOT SAFE........For the Cops that work for this town that care about the people of this Town keep Your Heads up and continue to do the best You can , And Please be Careful......Thank You to Those of You that do care. Please keep caring You are the ones We need to Keep us Safe. NOT THE CHIEF OR MAYOR THAT IS FOR SURE....Hopefully this mess will be taken care of someday soon BEBSAFE AND THANK YOU

Guest Guest

The cop's are alway's in *******'s day night it does not matter sometimes three at a time. I understand they have to eat but they hang there for hour's or until the get a call. maybe they get free food there.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Today is WednesDay, July 19, 2006...There was another Robbery today..Rover or Rovel Junk Yard on North 5Th. St.  One of the owners was slammed to the Ground and a Gun Put to His Head by 2 Black Males and Robbed , this was done before noon time I believe....OK HARRISONIANS DO YOU REALLY FEEL SAFE.  THIS TOWN IS FAR FROM SAFE ANYMORE. AND  NOT JUST FOR THE SENIOR CITIZENS EITHER..I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF AND MAYOR TO GET THEIR ACTS TOGETHER AND START PROTECTING THE CITIZENS OF THIS TOWN YOUNG AND OLD.  NO ONE IS SAFE NOT EVEN PEOPLE WHO JUST WORK HERE.  OH THAT IS WHY WE DO NOT PUT ANY OF THIS IN  THE NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH IN THE OBSERVER IT MIGHT SCARE SOME BUSSINESSES AWAY OR ANY FUTURE ONES.AND IT WILL MOST LIKELY JUST GET WORSE, ONCE THE STADIUM IS DONE....IT IS TIME TO LET THE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, THERE IS A LOT OF CRAP HAPPENING AND WE ARE NOT BEING TOLD....IT IS TIME TO HIRE MORE COPS , MR MAYOR THERE ARE  NOT ENOUGH OF THEM YOU ARE PUTTING OUR LIVES AND FAMILIES LIVES AT RISK HERE....OR DON'T YOU GIVE A DAMN...IT IS TIME FOR THE CHIEF TO WAKE UP AS WELL...YOU ARE DOING ONE SHI--Y JOB.....YOU HARDLY EVER SEE A COP IN SOME PARTS OF THIS TOWN AND THAT IS YOUR FAULT, I DON,T FEEL SAFE KNOWING AT TIMES THERE ARE ONLY 2 COPS COVERING THIS ENTIRE TOWN..WE DO HAVE A COUPLE OF GOOD COPS BUT THEY ARE NOT SUPER HEREOS CUT THEM A BREAK  OR IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO BREAK THEM, YOU ARE  DOING A GOOD JOB AT IT......WE WANT PROTCTION.....IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYONE IN MY FAMILY THIS TOWN WILL BE SUED FOR LACK OF PROTECTION...THANKS TO THE MAYOR AND CHIEF.....

DUM AS A ROCK

If you know this to be a fact you should do your duty as the wonderful citizen of town and report these instances as they are happening.Or do you feel safer blaming everyone else.

Sorry as@hole, there arent enough cops.  The dept manpower is at a 15 yr low.  The town fathers blame the state meanwhile the residents are placed in a bad spot and the cops are being taxed.  They are working way shorthanded with no relief in site.  When you have an alarm of fire call, who shows up first?  The FD?  I don't think so.  The PD is there in most cases 3-5 minutes before the FD roll out of their bunks, wipe the sand from their eyes, and oh yeah, call Kearny FD, because TK won't let his guy do their job.  The PD response time is usually outstanding.  The cops "hang out" at the gardens because there is a post there.  You should know your facts before you open up your yap, dipsh@t!

Gee are you a COP?

Guest guest

It will hurt the Redevelopment that is why!!! Someone needs to buy up those 6000 cardboard boxes. This town is nothing but a joke anymore the sad part is it is the residents that are paying the price. Down the line our kids will pay the price.

Guest Guest

This is just a figment of the imagionation. Everyone knows there is no crime in Harrison. People with sour grapes who don't like the mayer make this crap up.