Buses Coming

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

You can be sure that all the out-of-towners that will be buying these new waterfront townhouses that have teenagers will be demanding school buses to the high school. And I can't blame them, they will be paying high taxes and they will want services for their money.

I can see it now, new residents demanding school busing, McDonough and the BOE refusing, a law suit, the court saying "bus them".

Another reason why the town should have concentrated on attracting commercial and industrial tenants to the redevelopment area. Commercial and industrial tenants don't add students to an already overcrowded school system, don't require buses and have a minimal impact on police and fire depts.

Guest Guest
You can be sure that all the out-of-towners that will be buying these new waterfront townhouses that have teenagers will be demanding school buses to the high school. And I can't blame them, they will be paying high taxes and they will want services for their money.

I can see it now, new residents demanding school busing, McDonough and the BOE refusing, a law suit, the court saying "bus them".

Another reason why the town should have concentrated on attracting commercial and industrial tenants to the redevelopment area.  Commercial and industrial tenants don't add students to an already overcrowded school system,  don't require buses and have a minimal impact on police and fire depts.

I drove the route from Sussex & 1st to Hamilton & Schuyler today. That would be a long freakin walk for any kid. School buses are absolutely necessary here . I wouldn't want kids to walk back and forth every day, especially in the rain and cold.

Guest former resident
I drove the route from Sussex & 1st  to  Hamilton & Schuyler today. That would be a long freakin walk for any kid.  School buses are absolutely necessary here . I wouldn't want kids to walk back and forth every day, especially in the rain and cold.

Its a little over a mile walk, they should be able to handel that walk easy.

Guest LH - mole

You idiots have no clue... For about 40 years children from the Gardens have been walking from their homes to Washington School, down past 3rd street. Add two more blocks, and presto, you have a completed treck to school. This whole arguement shows how little you people really know. If this is what you people have to worry about, its proves the theory that small things amuse small minds.

Guest Guest
HA !!  Easy for someone that doesn't live in town to say, it's not your kids.

My friends and I walked from one end of town to the other to go to school.

Parents have made sissies of these kids by driving them everywhere. They don't wanna walk cross town to go to school but they will walk 2 miles for a weed.Nice job parents. Keep on spoiling them. just what we need more a$$ holes

Guest BlueTideBacker
The kids that attend KHS and live up by the NA line( the pike) have to walk..and it's a longer walk...the kids will deal with it!

From Sussex & 1st to Hamilton & Schuyler is farther than the Pike to KHS.

From the Gardens to Washington School is about half way.

Guest Guest
  From the Gardens to Washington School is  about half way.

You are an idiot and have no perception of distance first of all, second of all Garden Athletes have walked to JFK for years. Get a grip.

Blue Tide Backer, i think you are a little out of shape, and thats not just a low blow at you, I think you should lose some wieght, after all you have to go Campaign soon _oesph would.

Guest BlueTideBacker
You  are an idiot and have no perception of distance first of all, second of all Garden Athletes have walked to JFK for years. Get a grip.

Blue Tide Backer, i think you are a little out of shape, and thats not just a low blow at you, I think you should lose some wieght, after all you have to go Campaign soon _oesph would.

OK, using your logic, if it was wrong to force kids to walk long distances in the past, then it's still OK to continue that practice ?? You don't justify one wrong by quoting another wrong.

Guest Guest
From Sussex & 1st to Hamilton & Schuyler is farther than the Pike to KHS.

From the Gardens to Washington School is  about half way.

Sussex & 1st to Hamilton & Kingsland = 1.04 miles

Madison & Belleville Pike to Devon and King = 1.8 miles

Everyone knows that the kids of today are much more fragile then days gone by.

How can you expect our mommies boys and girls to (Gasp) walk.

They might get too much exersize and suddenly start losing all that fat we have been allowing them to store up since they were born.

It is best that they be transported any distance more then one block because anything could happen to them on their trecherious journey to school.

Maybe the sky will fall on them. Maybe we as parents should do their homework and schoolwork for them too so they won't stress themselves out trying to learn anything.

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME LAUGH......The new residents will be so busy trying to get rid of our current leadership that the walk to school will be exactly what it should be, A MINOR ISSUE....

Guest Guest
Its a little over  a mile walk, they should be  able to handel that walk easy.

True'''''''' But "will" it tirn out that way? Or will the kids and then the parents demand busing, hire a lawyer if needed and eventually get the buses and add that big bill on all of the Harrison taxpayers???

fees: the buses, drivers, health insurance, accident insurance, maintanance.

Opps; I'm sure that I forgot another fee to be added on.

Guest Guest
You  are an idiot and have no perception of distance first of all, second of all Garden Athletes have walked to JFK for years. Get a grip.

He didnt deny it, so he who is named must supply it! Deny Deny Deny - just like a good politician young one. I remember many a politician who has run against the slate, and then gained respect for future go rounds. some are on our council now. Good luck, you'll need it against a man with a great elecion History.

Guest New to town
Everyone knows that the kids of today are much more fragile then days gone by.

How can you expect our mommies boys and girls to (Gasp) walk.

They might get too much exersize and suddenly start losing all that fat we have been allowing them to store up since they were born.

It is best that they be transported any distance more then one block because anything could happen to them on their trecherious journey to school.

Maybe the sky will fall on them. Maybe we as parents should do their homework and schoolwork for them too so they won't stress themselves out trying to learn anything.

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME LAUGH......The new residents will be so busy trying to get rid of our current leadership that the walk to school will be exactly what it should be, A MINOR ISSUE....

I have a deposit on a townhome along the river. My husband and I have three children and have been following this dialog on KOTW. The new high school is too far for my kids ( one will be in HS next year, another the following year) to walk, it would take them over 1/2 hour each way. My husband is an attorney and on behalf of all the new residents, we will sue if necessary to get our children provided with bus service. For the amount of property taxes we'll be paying, it's the least we can expect.

Guest Guest
I have a deposit on a townhome along the river. My husband and I have three children and have been following this dialog on KOTW. The new high school is too far for my kids ( one will be in HS next year, another the following year) to walk, it would take them over 1/2 hour each way. My husband is an attorney and on behalf of all the new residents, we will sue if necessary to get our children provided with bus service.  For the amount of property taxes we'll be paying, it's the least we can expect.

What do they do take baby steps? I am 65yrs old and I walk from the Gardens to

Passiac Ave in much less than that. Get real!

Guest Guest
I have a deposit on a townhome along the river. My husband and I have three children and have been following this dialog on KOTW. The new high school is too far for my kids ( one will be in HS next year, another the following year) to walk, it would take them over 1/2 hour each way. My husband is an attorney and on behalf of all the new residents, we will sue if necessary to get our children provided with bus service.  For the amount of property taxes we'll be paying, it's the least we can expect.

State law provides for mandatory busing for students that live more than 2 miles from an elementary or middle school and 2 1/2 miles from a high school.

What grounds will the lawsuit be based on? Are you claiming the walk is not safe?

Guest Guest

if your husband is an attorney he must not be very successful , why would you want to buy a townhouse with 2 bedrooms with 3 children to raise in a residence like that, I would think harrison would be the last place a sucessful lawyer would want to set up a residence , it won't look good on a resume , even ambulance chasers would live in west orange...............

Guest Guest

yea sure you going to send your children to the harrison school system , even people in town who can afford to send their children to private schools do. lawyer, i bet, what other b.s. your want to try and sell here a.h.................

Guest STUPID

Your husband is a lawyer and you are buying one of those shoe boxed that will wither away in a flood?? STUPID STUPID STUPID!! Are you going to sue every time your house floods cause there are no flood gates?

Guest Jersey mom

Where do you come from that you are buying anything in Harrison if your husband is an attorney? Even the teachers in our school system that have lived here for generations send their kids to low rated Catholic schools rather then send them to the lower rated Harrison schools. If you would like your children to also go to a GOOD college or university then......ya better rethink that!

It's just not where you MOVE to raise a family. Families move out..if they can afford it! Not that it isn't a great town but it's an acquired taste.

Very urban yet small town every=buddy knows your business. Not where I have chosen to my kids yet I wouldnt have traded being raised there.

I can bake brownies with best of the suburban soccer moms but as soon as you get my back up........I can get all Harrison on you!

Freaks my kids out! Go to West Orange, the Caldwells, Montclair ?

Lots of great locales in Bergen County too once you get a little further up Rt. 17..don't get stuck in Maywood or Hackensack.

You are probably not even from Jersey or you would have known this!

Harrison is not Hoboken chic but it is home.

Guest Guest

If You are new to Town Maybe You should be more concerned about all the thefts , muggings , car thefts ,Kids getting jumped and their bikes amd cell phones and jewelry stolen, and the Senior citizens getting mugged and beat up in front of their own homes in broad daylight......We do not have enough Police Men on our force, Talk to some of them and You will find out how disgusted they are...The only ones that will deny it are the brown nosers....Some one needs to do something here Our decent Police officers that used to care about this town are starting to get fed up, and I don't blame them........One of the Police officers car was almost stolen the other day...aaaahhhhhhh walking to School is one of the lesser problems of this town....WE ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT SAFE HERE ANYMORE....Ansd it is not the Police Officers fault it is The Chief and Mayors......

Guest GUEST

Another reason why the town should have concentrated on attracting commercial and industrial tenants to the redevelopment area.  Commercial and industrial tenants don't add students to an already overcrowded school system,  don't require buses and have a minimal impact on police and fire depts.

BLUE TIDE BACKER

I HAVE NOT SEEN YOU SINCE THE PRIDE PARADE

Guest Guest

:angry: Your kids are going to be lazy and fat. Good job mom & dad.