Harrison hates change

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Mayor Rodgers - 48 years Mayor

Mayor McDonough - 11 years Mayor + 18 years as councilman

For those that can't count that's 59 years = 2 mayors.... Harrisonians do not like change, proof in the numbers. What they like is to complain and vote the usual way... Stop complaining and vote for change, remember you can always recall an elected official....

Guest friend of hinchy
Mayor Rodgers - 48 years Mayor

Mayor McDonough - 11 years Mayor + 18 years as councilman

For those that can't count that's 59 years = 2 mayors....  Harrisonians do not like change, proof in the numbers. What they like is to complain and vote the usual way... Stop complaining and vote for change, remember you can always recall an elected official....

Save yourself the trouble. If elected hinchy will be a disaster. I mean really, hinchy for mayor? Those of us that know him, know that this is just one of his usual short lived interests....

Guest guest
Save yourself the trouble. If elected hinchy will be a disaster.  I mean really, hinchy for mayor? Those of us that know him, know that this is just one of his usual short lived interests....

The only thing in this town that is a short lived interest is the current mayor! At least Hinchy in interested in the Children of this town. GO HINCHY!!!

Guest Guest
Save yourself the trouble. If elected hinchy will be a disaster.  I mean really, hinchy for mayor? Those of us that know him, know that this is just one of his usual short lived interests....

Some friend you are, the point of the post was not about Hinchy, but rather about the 2 past mayors... the debate lies there... what have they done as far as tax relief for the taxpayers? other than have the town designated as an

Abbott and special needs Town?? How can this be a god thing?

Guest Fed Up
Some friend you are, the point of the post was not about Hinchy, but rather about the 2 past mayors... the debate lies there...  what have they done as far as tax relief for the taxpayers? other than have the town designated as an

Abbott and special needs Town?? How can this be a god thing?

If you’re a tax payer do something now vote out Ray or Harrison will crush you under it's (his) weight. Taxes are higher then rent from an apartment.

Guest Guest

Well then you obviously dont know him! Nice try!

Guest Guest

Wake up Harrison people, before it is too late... what has the Mayor done for the Town lately? has he ever lower taxes in 11 years? Is redevelopment going to lower property taxes? NO

Guest Guest

How is a homeowner supposed to afford the taxes in Town? How is a tenant supposed to afford rents well over $1000.00? Things seem to only get worse? What happened to prompt this, forget about the excuse about industry, that has been used for the past 15 years, spending is out of control at the expense of homeowners and tenants alike... It might just be time for a change...

Well it certainly looks like it all comes down to simply this.

1. If you are happy with the current administration spending $40,000,000 of your money without any input from you... then, by all means,- re-elect Mayor McDonough.

2. If you are happy with town meetings where you are not free to question anything that is not on that days agenda, then vote to re-elect Mayor McDonough.

3. If you are happy with a Mayor who changes the date and time of meetings so that you can not attend to question what will be on the agenda.. then vote to re-elect Mayor McDonough.

4. If you like the current way certain people are hired around here and promoted. then you must re-elect McDonough.

5. If you are happy with the new and uncontested water rates knowing that this mayor as well as several council members and their family members are employed full time by the same people who just gave you that giant increase, then vote to re-elect this mayor.

6. If you really believe that Mr. Tanski is involved in the theft of parking meter coins alone and his best friend (the mayor) wasn't part of it or at least knew about it.... then you have to re-elect this mayor.

7. If you are happy with the fact that under this mayor the taxpayers have consistantly received tax increases each and every year. re-elect McDonough

8. If you like the fact that every municipality surrounding us has at least twice the recreation areas that we do (even East Newark) then keep the current administration.

9. If you are happy about our school system being and remaining an Abbott district. then keep the same team working for you and re-elect failure.

10. if you like our town being referred to as a distressed city, then re-elect the

A-team. they have managed to keep us that way for 10 years and experience counts.

11. Do you remember the last time a referandum was voted on in this town. It was to extend term limits for the mayor and council from 2 to 4 years. We all voted against it and within a year this mayor and council had a privite meeting and passed a resolution the extend the term limits anyway.

If you want more of that kind of politics, then, keep voting to re-elect these guys.

This list could go on and on but the point I'm trying to make is this.

Mr. Hinchcliffe may not be the the best candidate for this job, but he is the only option we have right now and at least he willing to try to enact change or at least stop the madness over the next 4 years. Of course he has my vote as well as that of my family and friends and I certainly wish him luck.

If this train wreck doesn't stop soon we will all be bankrupt while this mayor simply moves to his real home down the shore.

Guest 2smart4u

1. If you are happy with the current administration spending $40,000,000 of your money without any input from you... then, by all means,- re-elect Mayor McDonough.

2. If you are happy with town meetings where you are not free to question anything that is not on that days agenda, then vote to re-elect Mayor McDonough.

3. If you are happy with a Mayor who changes the date and time of meetings so that you can not attend to question what will be on the agenda.. then vote to re-elect Mayor McDonough.

4. If you like the current way certain people are hired around here and promoted. then you must re-elect McDonough.

5. If you are happy with the new and uncontested water rates knowing that this mayor as well as several council members and their family members are employed full time by the same people who just gave you that giant increase, then vote to re-elect this mayor.

6. If you really believe that Mr. Tanski is involved in the theft of parking meter coins alone and his best friend (the mayor) wasn't part of it or at least knew about it.... then you have to re-elect this mayor.

7.  If you are happy with the fact that under this mayor the taxpayers have consistantly received tax increases each and every year. re-elect McDonough

8.  If you like the fact that every municipality surrounding us has at least twice the recreation areas that we do (even East Newark) then keep the current administration.

9.  If you are happy about our school system being and remaining an Abbott district. then keep the same team working for you and re-elect failure.

10. if you like our town being referred to as a distressed city, then re-elect the

A-team. they have managed to keep us that way for 10 years and  experience counts.

11. Do you remember the last time a referandum was voted on in this town. It was to extend term limits for the mayor and council from 2 to 4 years. We all voted against it and within a year this mayor and council had a privite meeting and passed a resolution the extend the term limits anyway.

If you want more of that kind of politics, then, keep voting to re-elect these guys.

Mr. Hinchcliffe may not be the the best candidate for this job, but he is the only option we have right now and at least he willing to try to enact change or at least stop the madness over the next 4 years. Of course he has my vote as well as that of my family and friends and I certainly wish him luck.

If this train wreck doesn't stop soon we will all be bankrupt while this mayor simply moves to his real home down the shore.

Good job, "me". You make perfect sense and you have to believe that anyone with normal intelligence has to understand that McDonough must be kicked out of office. Michael Hinchcliffe will make decisions based upon the wants and needs of the residents (a novel idea) and keep spending to a minimum (another novel idea). Harrison is about to experience a new beginning, if the voters want it.

Guest theo

YOU HAVE SAID WHAT SHOULD BE ON EVERYONES MIND BY THIS TIME... THIS ELECTION SHOULD BE A NO BRAINER TO ANY THINKING PERSON. MR HINCHCLIFFE HAS MY FAMILIES VOTES AND OUR RESPECT.

Guest Sick of the fat cats

7.  If you are happy with the fact that under this mayor the taxpayers have consistantly received tax increases each and every year. re-elect McDonough

8.  If you like the fact that every municipality surrounding us has at least twice the recreation areas that we do (even East Newark) then keep the current administration.

9.  If you are happy about our school system being and remaining an Abbott district. then keep the same team working for you and re-elect failure.

A-team. they have managed to keep us that way for 10 years and  experience counts.

Well said, if this town reelects fat bast**d, Harrison is doomed. Mr. Hinchcliffe has my whole families votes. Best of luck to him. We can watch ole' Ray run down to his shore house since he knows he has ruined Harrison, what a disgrace he is, what he has done is CRIMINAL! :P:angry::angry::angry:

Archived