Change Is Needed In Harrison

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

I hope that all of the Harrison residents that read the postings on KOTW understand the importance of the election next month.

We must change direction in this town. We have to put an end to the cronyism, the nepotism, the secret behind closed doors kind of government that disrespects the residents and taxpayers that pay the bills.

Our school system is over-crowded, so what does this mayor do ?? Sign deals with developers to build thousands of housing units that can double the school population.

Our children are in desperate need of recreation space. So what does this mayor do ?? Ignores our children and gives the entire redevelopment area over to the developers for housing.

Our taxes are high and going up every year, so what does this mayor do ?? Holds private meetings with developers and ends up agreeing to spend over $40,000,000 of taxpayer money to help a foreign-owned company build a soccer stadium that will have a NY name and not share any profits with Harrison.

Does anyone need further convincing that we must put an end to this ??

Please do the right thing when you go into the voting booth, vote with your brain.

Guest 2smart4u
I hope that all of the Harrison residents that read the postings on KOTW understand the importance of the election next month.

We must change direction in this town. We have to put an end to the cronyism, the nepotism, the secret behind closed doors kind of government that disrespects the residents and taxpayers that pay the bills.

Our school system is over-crowded, so what does this mayor do ?? Sign deals with developers to build thousands of housing units that can double the school population.

Our children are in desperate need of recreation space. So what does this mayor do ??  Ignores our children and  gives  the entire redevelopment area  over to the developers for housing.

Our taxes are high and going up every year, so what does this mayor do ?? Holds private meetings with developers and ends up agreeing to spend over $40,000,000 of taxpayer money to help a foreign-owned company build a soccer stadium that will have a NY name and not share any profits with Harrison.

Please do the right thing when you go into the voting booth, vote with your brain.

You're absolutely right. This administration is a train wreck. This election will tell the story about Harrison voters. If they put this mayor back in office, then we deserve everything and anything we get. I personally think this mayors days are numbered. I believe the voters, the people that pay the bills, will give this mayor his walking papers.

Guest guest

Our children are in desperate need of recreation space. So what does this mayor do ??  Ignores our children and  gives  the entire redevelopment area  over to the developers for housing.

I haven't seen anything written in the Mayor's letters concerning building additional, new "recreational space" for the children in the area of the "new Redevelopement"

Would somebody connected with the Redeveloemt plans, please address this issue? I am not referring to the new stadium at the other end of town that replaces the old one in the redevelopement area.

I am asking about play and recreational/ park areas in the 'vicinity' of the new condoes/redevelopment area, where parents and toddlers and children can walk to play a couple of blocks near home.

PS A 'positive' answer will be the 'best' way for the mayor to attain votes!!!

Guest Senior Town Resident

I have confidence that the taxpayers of Harrison are smart people. I believe the taxpayers are fed up with this mayor and will show him the door.

The mayor will get his share of the votes, but those that vote for him are just mindless zombies that don't know any better.

I'm sure that the smart ones outnumber the zombies.

Guest guest
I haven't seen anything written in the Mayor's letters concerning building additional, new "recreational space" for the children in the area of the "new Redevelopement" 

Would somebody connected with the Redeveloemt plans, please address this issue?  I am not referring to the new stadium at the other end of town that replaces the old one in the redevelopement area.

I am asking about play and recreational/ park areas in the 'vicinity' of the new condoes/redevelopment area, where parents and toddlers and children can walk to play a couple of blocks near home.

PS    A 'positive' answer will be the 'best' way for the mayor to attain votes!!!

Parks and recreational areas in Harrison won't bring in any money for the town, but more houses will...that is the way the Mayor thinks. The more housing units he builds the more kids, traffic and chaos we will have to deal with we are going to need another school if the building continues and as far as the soccer stadium they can stick that, I would rather have a park or a field where my kids can play and practice.

Guest Guest
I have confidence that the taxpayers of Harrison are smart people. I believe  the taxpayers are fed up with this mayor and will show him the door.

The mayor will get his share of the votes, but those that vote for him are just mindless zombies that don't know any better.

I'm sure that the smart ones outnumber the zombies.

You are absolutely correct on that, I've lived in Harrison for over 35 years now, and I have come across many smart people in this town, many zombies but like you said they are outnumbered. I would like to think that these smart people will not let anyone intimidate them or tell them what to do on election day and they will stand up for Harrison and not let Ray Mc do any more damage.

Archived