trees

Guest guest

Guest guest

I would love to know who is responsible if someone falls on a sidewalk that is a mess because of tree roots. Some of the sideways are unbelievable. I was out walking the other night and had to walk in the st. because of the sidewalks. If I do fall Kearny will have some lawsuit. I don't blame the homeowners at all. Get rid of some of those trees Dead or Alive.

Guest Guest 99
I would love to know who is responsible if someone falls on a sidewalk that is a mess because of tree roots. Some of the sideways are unbelievable. I was out walking the other night and had to walk in the st. because of the sidewalks. If I do fall Kearny will have some lawsuit. I don't blame the homeowners at all. Get rid of some of those trees Dead or Alive.

You had better blame the homeowner because they are the responsible party. Although ten feet in from the curb in is town property, the owner must maintain it in a safe and clean manner. <_<:(;)

Guest Guest

If the tree is alive the owners cannot have it removed. So it is definitely the towns lawsuit. I've already checked into it.

You had better blame the homeowner because they are the responsible party. Although ten feet in from the curb  in is town property, the owner must maintain it in a safe and clean manner. ;)  ;)  ;)

<_< it makes me so happy to hear NOTHING has changed! as far back as "i can think of" thats the way the side walks and trees roots have always been!! so why change that now! and im talking 50 years or more!!! :(

Guest Guest100

Why should the homeowner fix the sidewalks? Why is the town giving new free sidewalks to homeowners on Kearny Ave and other streets, while others have to pay to get their sidewalk fixed? Waste of tax money!

Guest someone who knows
You had better blame the homeowner because they are the responsible party. Although ten feet in from the curb  in is town property, the owner must maintain it in a safe and clean manner. ;)  ;)  ;)

Well now if you lived in Harrison, you could call the D.P.W. speak to ron catrabone and he would fix the sidewalk for you if you made up an address in Harrison and voted for Mayor Mcdumbshit. Believe me its the only time residents get what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest 99

If the tree is alive the owners cannot have it removed. So it is definitely the towns lawsuit. I've already checked into it.

You are right and wrong. While the property owner is, by law, not allowed to remove a town owned tree; any tree within ten feet of the curb; the property owner is still responsible for maintaining the sidewalks. Please let us all know who you checked this out with because they are wrong.

Why should the homeowner fix the sidewalks? Why is the town giving new free sidewalks to homeowners on Kearny Ave and other streets, while others have to pay to get their sidewalk fixed? Waste of tax money!

What waste of tax money? Any sidewalks repaired or replaced on Kearny Avenue were done with UEZ funds, which are not from your property taxes, but from sales tax collected within the zone. As to repairs done by the town on other streets, please tell us what streets.

Get your facts straight before posting. ;););)

Guest Guest

Ok, someone explain this to me. Mayor Santos wants Kearny to be "Beautiful", but it looks terrible with all the disasterous sidewalks. Why not take down the problem trees, fix the sidewalks, and have the owners donate a new tree.

Guest Guest

I was willing to have the sidewalk repaired and the tree taking care of . But was told I cannot touch it because it is alive. You should see the shape of my sidewalk. There is nothing I can do about it. Someone, if you know what I can do please write back. ty

Guest Guest
I was willing to have the sidewalk repaired and the tree taking care of . But was told I cannot touch it because it is alive. You should see the shape of my sidewalk. There is nothing I can do about it. Someone, if you know what I can do please write back. ty

Move, unless your one of the Ironbound Invaders. If your one of them just do what ever you what forget the permit the Mayor will take care of you later. He made sure he's on the Planning Board Just go see Mr. Fixit Santos his non citizen types are laughing at us.

Sidewalks are the responsibility of the homeowner. If the sidewalks are slate, my suggestion is to call the Dept. of Public Works and ask to have the sidewalk slates temporarily taken up. Once up then have someone cut the tree roots to prevent them from lifting the sidewalks. Call Public Works and have the sidewalk slates replaced.

The homeowner is responsible for maintaining the sidewalks. The DPW doesn't have to lift the sidewalk slates for the homeowner, but this was the practice for the years I was on the Town Council. I doubt the policy has changed.

If the sidewalks are concrete, the home owner will have to hire someone to remove the sidewalks, cut the tree roots, and then replace the concrete.

I hope this helps.

Jim Mangin

ps - If you need help with DPW, call your councilperson. I know I called a number of times for people to have this done.

Guest Guest
:lol: it makes me so happy to hear NOTHING has changed! as far back as "i can think of" thats the way the side walks and trees roots have always been!! so why change that now! and im talking 50 years or more!!! :lol:

And how are the tree roots in your trailer park? Keep your comments to the low life Gainsville experience.

Guest Guest

jim, I have roots that are interfering with my drain pipes. I had someone come to my house and was going to do the repair at my expense. I was told I can not touch the tree or sidewalks. That's the gods honest truth. Thank You anyway for your help Jim.

Guest Guest 99
Sidewalks are the responsibility of the homeowner. If the sidewalks are slate, my suggestion is to call the Dept. of Public Works and ask to have the sidewalk slates temporarily taken up. Once up then have someone cut the tree roots to prevent them from lifting the sidewalks. Call Public Works and have the sidewalk slates replaced.

The homeowner is responsible for maintaining the sidewalks. The DPW doesn't have to lift the sidewalk slates for the homeowner, but this was the practice for the years I was on the Town Council. I doubt the policy has changed.

If the sidewalks are concrete, the home owner will have to hire someone to remove the sidewalks, cut the tree roots, and then replace the concrete.

I hope this helps.

Jim Mangin

ps - If you need help with DPW, call your councilperson. I know I called a number of times for people to have this done.

If it is a town tree, which I believe we are talking about, the town will cut or shave the roots after an inspection to determine if the process will not adversely affect the tree. It is not the homeowners right nor responsibility to hire someone to do the job. :lol::lol::lol:

Archived