Disgrunted Business Owners

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Why is it when certain business owners have a gripe that they did not get things their way, it's time to speak up and bash the mayor, council and candidates? Remember business and politics don't mix. Just because things have not worked out in your favor? where were you 3-4 years ago? Are you now speaking up because you have not received favorable treatment? I guess it's never too late...

Guest Guest
Why is it when certain business owners have a gripe that they did not get things their way, it's time to speak up and bash the mayor, council and candidates? Remember business and politics don't mix. Just because things have not worked out in your favor? where were you 3-4 years ago? Are you now speaking up because you have not received favorable treatment? I guess it's never too late...

They run for ofice

Guest Guest

When Harrison was business friendly we had, Worthington, Otis, Hyatt, Napco, Reynolds, RCA, Crucible Steel, Public Service and dozens of others. We had jobs and industry that gave Harrison the lowest tax rate in the state. Now we have nail parlors, travel agencies and Peruvian restaurants. Now we will have ton's of housing and thousands of kids. Who is going to pay for these things. You got it, "You".

The few small business we have to fight city hall to stay in business. This administration has not been kind to our little town.

I've been trying to do the right thing, at least according to what the Mayor and Council was advising me. I realized though that I was going no where. Now I'm addressing my situations publicaly, so the whole town can hear. So put an end to the rumor that all of the sudden I'm bashing the mayor and council. Remember on July7, 2002 I was told I had about 1 year to a 1 1/2 years left. So I've been trying to do things the right way for 4 years and you had no clue. Now you do.

Guest business owner in Harrison

I own a small establishment in Harrison, and not once was the Mayor ever in my place of business , not even to put up a sign for him, some other guys come in and told me that I had to put the sign up, and that was it, I felt intimidated by those big guys, what am I suppost to do?. I feel that if I don't let them put up the sign they will harrass me and do something to my business. Please Help the Business Owners

Guest BUSINESS MAN/ FED UP WITH BULLIE

I AM ALSO A STORE OWNER OF THIS TOWN AND I LIVE HERE, BUT THIS BIG SPANISH GUY COMES IN AND TELLS ME I NEED TO LET HIM PUT A SIGN FOR MAYOR MCDAUGNA BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I AM ASKED TO DO BY THE MAYOR. I TOLD HIM I NEVER PUT ANY SIGNS UP BECAUSE I WANT MY STORE FREE AND CLEAR OF PAPERS ON MY WINDOW THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR BUSINESS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MAYOR OR MY COUNCILMAN THEY NEVER EVER CAME TO INTRODUCE THEMSELVES TO ME OR MY FAMILY, DO THEY REALY CARE ABOUT THIS TOWN OR MY BUSINESS OR IF MY CUSTOMERS ARE GETTING TICKETS JUST BECAUSE THE METER RAN OUT FOR FIVE MINUTS, THEY COME IN TO BUY SOMETHING FOR FIVE DOLLARS AND GET A TICKET FOR TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS, HOW FAIR IS THAT MR. MAYOR, THINK OF THE BUSINESS IN THIS TOWN WE NEED HELP. AND TELL THAT BIG TALL SPANISH GUY THAT WORKS IN THE LIBRARY PARK WATERING THE PLANTS AND SMOKING HIS CIGARETS TO LEAVE US BUSINESS PEOPLE ALONE. WE ARE FED UP.GO AWAY

Guest Contact Friends of Harrison PAC
I own a small establishment in Harrison, and not once was the Mayor ever in my place of business , not even to put up a sign for him, some other guys come in and told me that I had to put the sign up, and that was it, I felt intimidated by those big guys, what am I suppost to do?. I feel that if I don't let them put up the sign they will harrass me and do something to my business. Please Help the Business Owners

I'm sure Michael Fernandes will give you some good advise.

His e-mail is: speakup@FriendsOfHarrison.com

If I were you I'd put a Michael Hinchcliffe sign right next to it.

Guest Guest

This can be a great Sopranos episode. "Put the sign up and no one gets hurt!"

Business owners- just trash your signs! "Gee I dont know what happened to that sign??????"

Guest HBA

Why is there not a Harrison Business Associaton? seems like the businesses in Town have no voice, or at least not the chosen ones... Hopefully this grassroots effort by Michael will lead to change for the better of Harrison businesses. BTW -even some ex-chosen ones are now disgrunted.

Guest Guest
When Harrison was business friendly we had, Worthington, Otis, Hyatt, Napco, Reynolds, RCA, Crucible Steel, Public Service and dozens of others.  We had jobs and industry that gave Harrison the lowest tax rate in the state.  Now we have nail parlors, travel agencies and Peruvian restaurants.  Now we will have ton's of housing and thousands of kids.  Who is going to pay for these things.  You got it, "You". 

The few small business we have to fight city hall to stay in business.  This administration has not been kind to our little town.

Wal-Mart is the problem here, they will run everyone out of business. They do not treat their employees well either.

Guest Guest
I AM ALSO A STORE OWNER OF THIS TOWN AND I LIVE HERE, BUT THIS BIG SPANISH GUY COMES IN AND TELLS ME I NEED TO LET HIM PUT A SIGN FOR MAYOR MCDAUGNA BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I AM ASKED TO DO BY THE MAYOR. I TOLD HIM I NEVER PUT ANY SIGNS UP BECAUSE I WANT MY STORE FREE AND CLEAR OF PAPERS ON MY WINDOW THIS DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR BUSINESS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MAYOR OR MY COUNCILMAN THEY NEVER EVER CAME TO INTRODUCE THEMSELVES TO ME OR MY FAMILY, DO THEY REALY CARE ABOUT THIS TOWN OR MY BUSINESS OR IF MY CUSTOMERS ARE GETTING TICKETS JUST BECAUSE THE METER RAN OUT FOR FIVE MINUTS, THEY COME IN TO BUY SOMETHING FOR FIVE DOLLARS AND GET A TICKET FOR TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS, HOW FAIR IS THAT MR. MAYOR, THINK OF THE BUSINESS IN THIS TOWN WE NEED HELP. AND TELL THAT BIG TALL SPANISH GUY THAT WORKS IN THE LIBRARY PARK WATERING THE PLANTS AND SMOKING HIS CIGARETS TO LEAVE US BUSINESS PEOPLE ALONE. WE ARE FED UP.GO AWAY

The big Spanish guy was very nice when he visited my establishment, and I was proud to put the Mayor's sign in my window. It probably looks better then what you have for sale.

Guest Guest
The big Spanish guy was very nice when he visited my establishment, and I was proud to put the Mayor's sign in my window.  It probably looks better then what you have for sale.

You are a business person in this town? I am glad that he treated you nice, then he most of promised you something, as soon as he was telling me about what was going to happen I cut him off because I don't deal with crooks. He did not look too happy that is why I allowed him to put up a sign, who knows what would have happened. We need to stick together as business owners after all there are not many of us left.

Archived