KHS

Guest Guest100

Guest Guest
Does anyone know who the next principal of Kearny HIgh School will be?

Nobody knows. The new BOE was just installed last night and they were not officially notified that Frank D. was leaving until yesterday. The process has only just begun.

But the likely applicants from the district are:

Cindy Schirm

Mike Barbone

Pat Ragnoni

Addy Boyd

The best choice for the position, Bob Sprague, will most likely not be interested.

My gut tells me that the next principal will be an external candidate.

Guest Letting you know

The best canidate for the position is Schirm - she does everything at the high school now - just doesn't get the glory .

Guest Guest II
Nobody knows.  The new BOE was just installed last night and they were not officially notified that Frank D. was leaving until yesterday.  The process has only just begun.

Cindy Schirm

Mike Barbone

Pat Ragnoni

Addy Boyd

The best choice for the position, Bob Sprague, will most likely not be interested.

With that list I should hope it would be an external candidate. I agree it should be Sprague. Is that Cindy Schlago-Schirm related to the new Board member? Barbone and Ragnoni were only picked as Degesere's gooba's. Time for some real talent to shake that place up a bit.

Guest bob

bob sprague is by far the best administrator in kearny. i worked with most of them; sprague hands down. he should be the super.

Guest Guest
Anybody but Frank! Its easy, joyful make it a no brainer to find someone better

What an intellectual statement. Maybe you should be the nexr principal or as you might ay.......prince-a-pal

Guest Guest
With that list I should hope it would be an external candidate. I agree it should be Sprague. Is that Cindy Schlago-Schirm related to the new Board member? Barbone and Ragnoni were only picked as Degesere's gooba's. Time for some real talent to shake that place up a bit.

Going to the outside is probably the best thing to do. Degesere wasn't a good choice he was a local guy I thought it would have worked out better than it did.

It also seems people in the system think their entitled to the position. Going to the outside may bring in new ideas and why limit the candidates to a few people. The system needs new blood someone who will be around for awhile. Degesere thought he was entitled to the superintendent's job when it didn't work out he became disgruntled.

Guest Guest
Going to the outside is probably the best thing to do. Degesere wasn't a good choice he was a local guy I thought it would have worked out better than it did.

It also seems people in the system think their entitled to the position. Going to the outside may bring in new ideas and why limit the candidates to a few people. The system needs new blood someone who will be around for awhile. Degesere thought he was entitled to the superintendent's job when it didn't work out he became disgruntled.

Why wasn't he a good choice and how could it have worked out better? Please be specific.

Also, I don't think Frankie D. felt "entitled". I believe he is at a point in his career that it is time to move up. I don't think "disgruntled" is the right term. Disappointed becase if he was going to become a superintendent, he probably very much preferred that it be in Kearny, the system he has given 30 years of hard work to. But, that didn't workout at this time. I think the town will regret the decision. Just my opinion.

Guest Guest
Why wasn't he a good choice and how could it have worked out better?  Please be specific.

Also, I don't think Frankie D. felt "entitled".  I believe he is at a point in his career that it is time to move up.  I don't think "disgruntled" is the right term.  Disappointed becase if he was going to become a superintendent, he probably very much preferred that it be in Kearny, the system he has given 30 years of hard work to.  But, that didn't workout at this time.  I think the town will regret the decision.  Just my opinion.

Disappointed why because the superintendent was able keep his job. I have been involved with Degesere with one of my children and the treatment my family received was shameful. I can only say that if the system is to get better the taxpayers need to stop throwing good money after bad. Degesere is going to Bloomfield I wish him luck and that is more than he did for my child he's their problem now. The next Principal I hope will move the High School to higher testing scores & more children going on to College. Degesere isn't worth the debate our students are.

Guest Guest
Oh please you can;t be serious?

Don't write her off so soon.She knows everything that goes on in that school and what the school really needs to be better . Even though she is small don't let that fool ya, she is sharp as a whip and would do the right thing.

:ph34r:

Guest S Team
Why wasn't he a good choice and how could it have worked out better?  Please be specific.

Also, I don't think Frankie D. felt "entitled".  I believe he is at a point in his career that it is time to move up.  I don't think "disgruntled" is the right term.  Disappointed becase if he was going to become a superintendent, he probably very much preferred that it be in Kearny, the system he has given 30 years of hard work to.  But, that didn't workout at this time.  I think the town will regret the decision.  Just my opinion.

He kissed the wrong ***** and is known as a Political Hack. If he kept to education and not get involved with the wrong people , Kearny would have loved to give him the job.

Guest Guest
Don't write her off so soon.She knows everything that goes on in that school and what the school really needs to be better . Even though she is small don't let that fool ya, she is sharp as a whip and would do the right thing. 

:)

I repeat..you can't be serious. She had a free reign as one of Degesere's pets and Frank wanted to use her husband's vote on the school bd. With Frank gone. things may change. By the way, *** **** has nothing to do with anything.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

:)

Please!! You must be joking.

Why not put her husband in the job. Nice move getting on the BOE so he could see to it that the soccer coach wasn't rehired.

Maybe they could team up and do it together. It sounds like they have the personal revenge part down pat.

Guest Guest
Nobody knows.  The new BOE was just installed last night and they were not officially notified that Frank D. was leaving until yesterday.  The process has only just begun.

Cindy Schirm

Mike Barbone

Pat Ragnoni

Addy Boyd

Is that the same Ragnoni that couldn't handle being Vice Principal?

And why would you want to break up the great team of Addy and Costello?

Most likely from this list is Barbone. This way Frankie D's "old boys club" will remain alive and well.

Guest Guest

You must not know Frank well. Frank worked his way up by working the system and working school bd. elections and having candidates owe him. This is how he managed to get the high school principal's job as well as getting his way to pick the HS vice-principals. With the onset of the Stevenson/Torres click breaking up, he lost the votes on the school board and didn't get the Super's job. He did work hard .......on every school bd. election.

Guest unregistered

Having been around Kearny High for many years, I have seen a few administrators come and go. Given the present population of the high school, I am interested to see the selection to replace Frank. Wether the replacement comes from inside or out, I will read this board with interest, a few years from now. I want to see someone with the dedication,and interest in student affairs that he has shown. We will see, won't we.

Guest KHS PARENT

Most likely from this list is Barbone. This way Frankie D's "old boys club" will remain alive and well.

[/quote Dr. Boyd has alot of credentials and she deserves consideration. She needs a change. I believe the High School needs a women.

Guest In the know

[/quote Dr. Boyd has alot of credentials and she deserves consideration. She needs a change. I believe the High School needs a women.

If the high school needs a woman in charge, than it should be Schalago-Schirm. She has been up there for a few decades, worked her way up from a classroom to department chair. Is in charge of all testing and cares. Who could ask for anything more?

Guest Guest

your kidding me right? why break up the addy and costello team? seems that she may need more time to learn how to run a school from costello or maybe she should just consider retiring in florida. the last thing any of the schools need is dr. boyd. more tax payers money down the drain just like gaulton. but then she must collect a paycheck and ** ****** *** ** *******. i like to know where i can get a job like this.............must be great!

Guest Guest
I repeat..you can't be serious. She had a free reign as one of Degesere's pets and Frank wanted to use her husband's vote on the school bd. With Frank gone. things may change.  By the way, *** **** has nothing to do with anything.

Well I for one of many people know from experience and working with her that she can do the job and make the decisions that will be different but necessary for the students and the faculty to show face to the education community.And for the record she is not married anymore,so when you talk about someone you should know the facts and don't believe everything you hear.This I found out when I was ten years old.

Archived