North Carolina Plates?

Guest Inquiring Mind

Guest Inquiring Mind

There seems to be an inordinate number of Borth Carolina cars parked around town. Has Kearny become a Charlotte suburb or is it as I suspect a way of obtaining cheap auto insurance? Does anybody know the real story? Like maybe you can register a car in NC with just a PO box?

Guest Guest
There seems to be an inordinate number of Borth Carolina cars parked around town.  Has Kearny become a Charlotte suburb or is it as I suspect a way of obtaining cheap auto insurance?  Does anybody know the real story?  Like maybe you can register a car in NC with just a PO box?

Not just insurance, if you buy a vehicle and claim to live out of state you can beat the sales tax as well. With the internet it is easy to register in other states. I think that you do need a valid address, summer home, friend, relative. Resident parking permits in town could help to reduce this problem. Residents would have to show proof the the car is legally registered and insured to a Kearny resident to get one, or be ticketed.

There seems to be an inordinate number of Borth Carolina cars parked around town.  Has Kearny become a Charlotte suburb or is it as I suspect a way of obtaining cheap auto insurance?  Does anybody know the real story?  Like maybe you can register a car in NC with just a PO box?

:angry: are you telling me that if i come up to stay for a visit of MY likeing! THAT I SHOULD GET A N/J TAG? who are you? IF HE HAS A REAL HOME IN N/C THEN >NO< HE SHOULD NOT! AND FYI I AM COMMING BACK FOR A VISIT AND I WILL STAY AS LONG AS I WANT AND {>NO<} I WILL NOT BUY A TAG!!!! SO LOOK FOR MY FLA TAG AND SAY HELLO !!!! :huh::lol::lol:

Guest Tarheel

I know the real story but I won't tell you.

Guest guest Ghost Writer

From what I have heard.

In North Carolina, you can get a drivers license even if your NJ license is suspended.

Besides, If you register your car in NC your insurance will be cheaper too.

Guest KearnyKard

You don't know ?? You must be the only person in Kearny that doesn't know.

Guest NJ Resident
You don't know ??  You must be the only person in Kearny that doesn't know.

By the way, NC mails the tags to you!! You don't even need to go down there to get them. The car insurance is around $400 a year down there. And take a good look at the drivers, I know a girl who got the tags, barely spoke English because she was barely in the country long enough!! I'm telling you, we are doing this all wrong. I'm about to join the immigrants, they know how to work the system. Oh, and by the way, ticketing won't work. When they get enough tickets, they toss the plates and register for new ones.

From what I have heard.

In North  Carolina, you can get a drivers license even if your NJ license is suspended. 

Besides, If you register your car in NC your insurance will be cheaper too.

I'm not sure where you got your information from , but it's absolutely wrong. My son lost his license in NJ and when he tried to apply in NC, where we are now living, he was denied a license. He was told to call Trenton, NJ to find out why. With comuterization no one gets a free pass.

My insurance is approximatelt $1300 a year. Alot cheaper than when I was in NJ but certainly not as cheap as some people are led to believe. The biggest saving we get is on real-estate taxes. But this should come as no surprise to ya'll because NJ has the highest rate in the country. My house is valued at $210,00 and my taxes are $1400 yearly.However there are some hidden taxes, like personal property(cars, boats ,etc.). Outside of the real-estate and auto insurance everything else is a wash, although my wife thinks food is more expensive and Drs. and dentists are higher.........I hope this clears up some of the misgivings you might've heard

Archived