Primary Mayors Race!!

Guest Millan supporter

Guest Millan supporter

“Raymond McDonough may never be "The Mayor" of Harrison, N.J. Oh, he was elected to the position -- handily, as a matter of fact. And his stationery says "Mayor." And his secretary answers the phone, "Mayor's office."”

I wonder if Janet Ward, who wrote this article knew she was predicting the future. The Article I refer to can be found at the following web site: http://www.americancityandcounty.com/mag/g...ayor/index.html

“But the last 20 years have not been kind to Harrison. Worthington Pumps, Otis Elevator, RCA and Hartz Mountain left for greener pastures, and the economy soured. Consequently, one of McDonough's first acts as mayor was to form an economic advisory committee whose purpose is to attract new industry.”

His first efforts were failures as the ones to follow. The fact is that his advisory committee was created of all the wrong people, from Peter Higgins to Tom Powell. Peter has been proven to be a liar, speaking to the New Jersey State Legislative Board and Tom has publicly contradicted himself and taken advantage of this town.

“Additionally, McDonough has hired 14 new police officers and 12 new firefighters and is looking at refurbishing Harrison's downtown.”

“But McDonough, who has been in office all of a few months, follows in the footsteps of Frank Rodgers, a legend in these parts. Rodgers was the mayor of Harrison, a small working class community of 14,000 people sandwiched between Jersey City and Newark, for 48 years -- 24 consecutive two-year terms. When he stepped down in January, Rodgers was the longest-serving mayor in the country.”

There currently reside 14,000 people like in 1995. Mayor McDonough has done nothing but buy his elections through the tax payers expense, handing out jobs. What will it take for McDonough to step down?

He can not come close to comparing himself to Mayor Rodgers. The town is in same shape as it was in 1995.

Michael “Hinchy”, may not be the best candidate, but it definitely is time for a change. CAN HARRISON AFFORD ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF THE “SAME OLD HARRISON POLITICS” ? When you go to vote think about that, do we need another 4 years of the Same old Politics?

I will support Michael Hinchcliffe this election especially after talking with former councilman Millan who also supports Michael Hinchcliffe. You have 7 votes from my family!!

Guest Guest
    “Raymond McDonough may never be "The Mayor" of Harrison, N.J. Oh, he was elected to the position -- handily, as a matter of fact. And his stationery says "Mayor." And his secretary answers the phone, "Mayor's office."”

I wonder if Janet Ward, who wrote this article knew she was predicting the future.  The Article I refer to can be found at the following web site:  http://www.americancityandcounty.com/mag/g...ayor/index.html

“But the last 20 years have not been kind to Harrison. Worthington Pumps, Otis Elevator, RCA and Hartz Mountain left for greener pastures, and the economy soured. Consequently, one of McDonough's first acts as mayor was to form an economic advisory committee whose purpose is to attract new industry.”

His first efforts were failures as the ones to follow.  The fact is that his advisory committee was created of all the wrong people, from Peter Higgins to Tom Powell.  Peter has been proven to be a liar, speaking to the New Jersey State Legislative Board and Tom has publicly contradicted himself and taken advantage of this town.

“Additionally, McDonough has hired 14 new police officers and 12 new firefighters and is looking at refurbishing Harrison's downtown.” 

“But McDonough, who has been in office all of a few months, follows in the footsteps of Frank Rodgers, a legend in these parts. Rodgers was the mayor of Harrison, a small working class community of 14,000 people sandwiched between Jersey City and Newark, for 48 years -- 24 consecutive two-year terms. When he stepped down in January, Rodgers was the longest-serving mayor in the country.”

There currently reside 14,000 people like in 1995.  Mayor McDonough has done nothing but buy his elections through the tax payers expense, handing out jobs.  What will it take for McDonough to step down?

He can not come close to comparing himself to Mayor Rodgers.  The town is in same shape as it was in 1995.

Michael “Hinchy”, may not be the best candidate, but it definitely is time for a change.  CAN HARRISON AFFORD ANOTHER 4 YEARS OF THE “SAME OLD HARRISON POLITICS”When you go to vote think about that, do we need another 4 years of the Same old Politics?

I will support Michael Hinchcliffe this election especially after talking with former councilman Millan who also supports Michael Hinchcliffe.  You have 7 votes from my family!!

I DON'T KNOW MICHAEL HINCLIFFE BUT YOU CAN BE SHOULD HE WILL GET OUR VOTES HE HAS TO BE BETTER THEN MCDONOUGH.

Guest Guest
I DON'T KNOW MICHAEL HINCLIFFE BUT YOU CAN BE SHOULD HE WILL GET OUR VOTES HE HAS TO BE BETTER THEN  MCDONOUGH.

YOUR RIGHT YOU DON'T KNOW HIM,A VOTE FOR HIM IS A VOTE FOR THE PETTIGREW AND HINCHCLIFF FAMILY,THAT ALREADY RUNS MOST THE TOWN NOW.

Guest Guest
YOUR RIGHT YOU DON'T KNOW HIM,A VOTE FOR HIM IS A VOTE FOR THE PETTIGREW AND HINCHCLIFF FAMILY,THAT ALREADY RUNS MOST THE TOWN NOW.

WAY TO TRY AND DIVERT THE PROBLEMS OF THS TOWN AWAY FROM RAY. NO ONE IS BUYING IT. IF YOUR GOING TO TRY AND SPIN FOR THE MAYOR GET A LITTLE MORE CREATIVE.

Guest Guest

Man! are you mislead about the Pettigrew and Hinchcliffe family and what department or service do they control.

Guest Guest

What are you talking about??? What family are you confused with???? What part of the town are the Hinchcliffe's running??? Any Hinchcliffe working in the town is providing a service- employed by a department not running it. But of course Michael Hinchcliffe I hope you WILL be running this town- I mostly admire that you are doing this for all the right reasons. You trully have a desire to get Harrison back on their feet because you CARE and because you are a homeowner who is tired of paying high taxes for poorly spent money and rediculous projects. That is not going to be easy but with the voters behind you - you will get the chance to do it!

Archived