June Slate

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Now that the Harrison Dems have their slate, who is Mike Fernandez proposing to run as Independents? Mike has been very active lately, he should show all of his cards, hmmm, When do Independents have to declare?

BTW - The mayor seems to have grown a set, finally, by dropping 2 incumbents. WOW what/who has got in to him?

Guest Guest
Mike has been very active lately, he should show all of his cards, hmmm, When do Independents have to declare?
ok Ray, Mike's smarter then that, or should I say Jim.
BTW - The mayor seems to have grown a set, finally, by dropping 2 incumbents. WOW what/who has got in to him?
James and ray cut a deal....what does that mean for good ol Pete

Guest Guest
Now that the Harrison Dems have their slate, who is Mike Fernandez proposing to run as Independents? Mike has been very active lately, he should show all of his cards, hmmm, When do Independents have to declare?

Mike please repond, when do the Independents have to declare?

Mike please repond, when do the Independents have to declare?

I do not have anything to hide, therefore I will answer your POST, but Thomas Powell doesn't find it necessary to respond. He's too busy trying to come up with something from the NPP right before elections, AFTER ALL THE TOWN PAYS HIM A SALARY & NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE IN 3 YEARS. He thinks it's going to help the Mayor Look good. The problem is, whatever he does is the first thing in 3 years and it didn't involve the community!

Independents have to declare by the June Primary

As of right now, no one has planned on running; no one has approached me or Friends of Harrison Political Action Committee for support.

I'm just looking forward to this primary election. We have a Mayor's race on hand. Michael "Hinchy" vs. Incumbent Raymond McDonough. (Mayor 10 yrs/ Councilman 17yrs.) {Is Harrison going to name Harrison Ave., Raymond McDonough Blvd? or Do you think he’s been in office long enough?}

I can't wait until the Friends of Harrison P.A.C. Debate. Oops, you’ll hear more about it real soon. I think the public might have a few questions for the next mayor till 2011 ; at least to ensure that the quality of life in Harrison is improved.

THE TOWN IS KNOWN FOR RUMORS / ASK AND I'LL ANSWER, DON'T BELIEVE THE RUMORS

Guest Guest
I do not have anything to hide, therefore I will answer your POST, but Thomas Powell doesn't find it necessary to respond.  He's too busy trying to come up with something from the NPP right before elections, AFTER ALL THE TOWN PAYS HIM A SALARY & NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE IN 3 YEARS.  He thinks it's going to help the Mayor Look good.  The problem is, whatever he does is the first thing in 3 years and it didn't involve the community!

Independents have to declare by the  June Primary

As of right now, no one has planned on running; no one has approached me or Friends of Harrison Political Action Committee for support. 

I'm just looking forward to this primary election.  We have a Mayor's race on hand.  Michael "Hinchy" vs. Incumbent Raymond McDonough. (Mayor 10 yrs/ Councilman 17yrs.) {Is Harrison going to name Harrison Ave., Raymond McDonough Blvd? or Do you think he’s been in office long enough?}

I can't wait until the Friends of Harrison P.A.C. Debate.  Oops, you’ll hear more about it real soon.  I think the public might have a few questions for the next mayor till 2011  ; at least to ensure that the quality of life in Harrison is improved.

THE TOWN IS KNOWN FOR RUMORS / ASK AND I'LL ANSWER, DON'T BELIEVE THE RUMORS

Is Hinchy being supported by your PAC? and whom else are you supporting?

BTW - Thanks for answering, you bring a sensible voice to this website.

Don't worry, the independants will soon be signing in. This will most assuredly be prompted and secretly directed by the incumbants. You see it works like this;

There will be those who will vote for the machine no matter what (town employees , family members and those chosen individules who will surely prosper from 4 more years).

Then, there will be the angry taxpayers who are fed up and refuse to take any more of this sh-t, we will refer to these individuals as the ANTI-VOTE. This is because they are anti-machine and want change.

Now if the machine runs an incumbant against only one ANTI-CANDIDATE, there might actually be an election that the incumbants could lose.

So what does the machine do ?

They have another one of their cronies run against them (maybe more than one) this way they will split the anti vote and insure victory for the machine.

Remember, the machine will vote for the machine NO MATTER WHAT......

If you really want to have a shot at winning an election in this town, you will have to back and support only one candidate. You cannot let the incumbants divide us along race lines (which they will try) you must choose one candidate and only one and everyone has to support that candidate (no matter what) and this mayor will be defeated.

The machine will drop all kinds of money from its emense war chest and the challanger will be assaulted and smeared everywhere in the very last days prior to the actual election (this is done so that the challenger doesn't have time to respond to the false or misleading charges made against him until after the election, which by then, will be too late.) Please tell everyone to expect this tactic it has been used many times in the past with great success.

The machine will begin a mailing campain informing the residents of all their acomplishments (no matter who actually accomplished it, they will take the credit)

THE MAILING IS ACTUALLY DONE BY TOWN WORKERS WHILE ON DUTY...

That means that town workers stuff these envelopes while they are on taxpayers time.

I really hope this town can come together for this election and I believe it can be accomplished thru Mr. Fernandez and the Political Action Committee. Mike I know you are going to be attacked both personally and economicly because they have to stop and somehow discredit you and this group to survive. No matter how bad it gets you will always have the support and respect of this author and many other piss-d off taxpayers. Good luck, don't hold back and keep it honest.

Guest Guest
Don't worry, the independants will soon be signing in. This will most assuredly be prompted and secretly directed by the incumbants. You see it works like this;

There will be those who will vote for the machine no matter what (town employees , family members and those chosen individules who will surely prosper from 4 more years).

Then, there will be the angry taxpayers who are fed up and refuse to take any more of this sh-t, we will refer to these individuals as the ANTI-VOTE. This is because they are anti-machine and want change.

Now if the machine runs an incumbant against only one ANTI-CANDIDATE, there might actually be an election that the incumbants could lose.

They have another one of their cronies run against them (maybe more than one) this way they will split the anti vote and insure victory for the machine.

If you really want to have a shot at winning an election in this town, you will have to back and support only one candidate. You cannot let the incumbants divide us along race lines (which they will try) you must choose one candidate and only one and everyone has to support that candidate (no matter what) and this mayor will be defeated.

The machine will drop all kinds of money from its emense war chest and the challanger will be assaulted and smeared everywhere in the very last days prior to the actual election (this is done so that the challenger doesn't have time to respond to the false or misleading charges made against him until after the election, which by then, will be too late.) Please tell everyone to expect this tactic it has been used many times in the past with great success.

The machine will begin a mailing campain informing the residents of all their acomplishments (no matter who actually accomplished it, they will take the credit)

That means that town workers stuff these envelopes while they are on taxpayers time.

I really hope this town can come together for this election and I believe it can be accomplished thru Mr. Fernandez and the Political Action Committee. Mike I know you are going to be attacked both personally and economicly because they have to stop and somehow discredit you and this group to survive. No matter how bad it gets you will always have the support and respect of this author and many other piss-d off taxpayers. Good luck, don't hold back and keep it honest.

I'm with you brother ,but for Christ's sakes learn how to spell.Both incumbents and challengers can spell.

Guest guest

They are just trying to start up their own machine, just like his father in law was doing as councilman. How can you believe that he is genuine when all this started because of his restaurant. He is mad that he didn't get his way and he doesn't even live in Harrison. If he and his family have been here for 30 years then why didn't they speak up sooner? Why now? I'll tell ya why because he could care less about Harrison or the people in it. He only cares about himself and he is trying to use the people to get his way. He thinks that if he starts enough bologna that he will get his way.

That prospective is very possible, however I happen to agree with the reasons behind unseating this incumbant slate.

For whatever reasons Mr. Fernandez chose to take an active political roll, at this time, in this election, the facts still remain. This mayor and his ilk have eliminated the collective voice of the tax payer by making purchases and taking actions which could conceiveably bankrupt this small town without allowing those funding it to have any say in the matter. I just hope its not to late to stop the bleeding.

I support anyone who will step up and take action to restore the voice of this community. I can not fault Mr. Fernandez in his remaining silent all these years, after all, it would appear that both you and I are guilty of the same thing.

As for my spelling, I apoligize if it bothers some readers. I assume I got my point across in any case.

Really, thanks for reading my point of view.

Guest Harrison Cares

Michael Fernández, by attacking a Town employee on the web just shows your ignorant position of Harrison's governmental organization. Your opinion which is skewed just like Millan's, your father-in-law, re enforces that you are a little pawn who unfortunately will learn the realities of being the front guy for Milan. He will let you take all the heat while he just sits around in his job which also was handed to him by the same Mayor that he is bashing now, through your mindless mouth. Could he ever get a real job the way he speaks English? I think not. It is so sad that you are lacking the political savy of your brother. He knows when there is a gain to be had by voicing his opinion and a liabilty when you are shooting off your mouth. I hope Jerry has the common sense to show you the light that your father-in-law is going to destroy you and your grandfather's business. Since you are bringing so much attention to yourself, I also hope that your house is in order because when you start singling out individuals, I hope the Team will inspect your business dealings in detail. How bout *** ***** *** **** ****** ***** ****** ******? Is this ******* *** *****? The public wants to know?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
They are just trying to start up their own machine, just like his father in law was doing as councilman.  How can you believe that he is genuine when all this started because of his restaurant.  He is mad that he didn't get his way and he doesn't even live in Harrison.  If he and his family have been here for 30 years then why didn't they speak up sooner?  Why now?  I'll tell ya why because he could care less about Harrison or the people in it.  He only cares about himself and he is trying to use the people to get his way.  He thinks that if he starts enough bologna that he will get his way.

Your right only people who are interested in Harrison should be involved in politics. It's funny that I never saw Victor Vallata, Carol Mandalglio, or Jesus what's his name at a council meeting or write a letter or take any interest in the town before they were elected to the Harrison Town Council. Not only are they all interested in Harrison now they are also interested in Passaic Valley.

Michael Fernández, by attacking a Town employee on the web just shows your ignorant position of Harrison's governmental organization.

I attacked no town employee. I have a legitimate question for Thomas Powell. I know for a fact he visits this site and feel he should answer. After all, I can't ask at a redevelopment meeting, un-like town hall, at a redevelopment meeting you can't speak, not even for 2 minutes!!

Your opinion which is skewed just like Millan's, your father-in-law, re enforces that you are a little pawn who unfortunately will learn the realities of being the front guy for Milan.

Unfortunately, like many others, you believe THE LIES AND RUMORS they told you about Mr. Millan. What you can't do is find one other person on the council and match the grant monies, or projects he brought to this town (SIDZ, NPP, RECYCLING, SNOW MELTING MACHINE…). Once you find someone who can defend their record, AS Mr. Millan can, then your comments would be appropriate. Don’t forget they said vote for a team player, VOTE VICTOR VILLALTA, that’s because Mr. Millan questioned the wrong doings.

He will let you take all the heat while he just sits around in his job which also was handed to him by the same Mayor that he is bashing now, through your mindless mouth.
Mr. Millan is running for no seat, it boggles my mind why you keep bringing him up. Mr Millan has had nothing to say about the Mayor or Council; SO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!
Could he ever get a real job the way he speaks English?

Your ignorance is amazing this is America, in 1776, colonists in the East coast established an independent nation based on freedom and economic opportunity. Through the years, large numbers of Europeans continued to settle in the United States. People from almost every other part of the world also settled in the country.

I think not. It is so sad that you are lacking the political savy of your brother. He knows when there is a gain to be had by voicing his opinion and a liabilty when you are shooting off your mouth. I hope Jerry has the common sense to show you the light that your father-in-law is going to destroy you and your grandfather's business. 
Because you won't come here to eat anymore? {I might be happy} or because your going to send someone to harass me & my business? or will I be having a few extra inspections? ANSWER THAT, BECAUSE WHEN ROSE DUGER ASKED ME FOR AN EXAMPLE OF HARASSMENT, I'M GOING TO SEND HER TO THIS WEB SITE. I’ll take the best you have to through at me, but I will make sure that the political action taking place in this town will answer to the wrong doings. I will also make sure Harrison’s future will have a better quality of life.

Since you are bringing so much attention to yourself, I also hope that your house is in order because when you start singling out individuals, I hope the Team will inspect your business dealings in detail. How bout *** ***** *** **** ****** ***** ****** ******? Is this ******* *** *****? The public wants to know?

FUNNY, KOTW NEVER HAD TO EDIT MY POST.....DID I TOUCH A SORE NERVE.....OR DID YOU REALIZE THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO BE THE ONE THAT WILL HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR A CHANGE WHEN HINCHY WINS?

Guest Guest
I hope the Team will inspect your business dealings in detail. How bout *** ***** *** **** ****** ***** ****** ******? Is this ******* *** *****? The public wants to know?

Spreading rumors like you did to his father-in-law. Harrisonians are starting to catch on!!

Guest Family Affair
Michael Fernández, by attacking a Town employee on the web just shows your ignorant position of Harrison's governmental organization.  Your opinion which is skewed just like Millan's, your father-in-law, re enforces that you are a little pawn who unfortunately will learn the realities of being the front guy for Milan.  He will let you take all the heat while he just sits around in his job which also was handed to him by the same Mayor that he is bashing now, through your mindless mouth.  Could he ever get a real job the way he speaks English?  I think not.  It is so sad that you are lacking  the political savy of your brother.  He knows when there is a gain to be had by voicing his opinion and a liabilty when you are shooting off your mouth.  I hope Jerry has the common sense to show you the light that your father-in-law is going to destroy you and your grandfather's business.  Since you are bringing so much attention to yourself, I also hope that your house is in order because when you start singling out individuals, I hope the Team will inspect your business dealings in detail.  How bout *** ***** *** **** ****** ***** ****** ******?  Is this ******* *** *****?  The public wants to know?

And what aunt uncle mother father sister brother grandfather grandmother might you be? Hypocrite.

Guest Guest
Your right only people who are interested in Harrison should be involved in politics.  It's funny that I never saw Victor Vallata, Carol Mandalglio, or Jesus what's his name at a council meeting or write a letter or take any interest in the town before they were elected to the Harrison Town Council.  Not only are they all interested in Harrison now they are also interested in Passaic Valley.

Duh, how do you know, do you process the mail, or attend council meetings, or take an interest in the town. Do you think that they should not take an interest in the town after being elected? Do you think that they should only take an interest in "Their People". Maybe Alladin should rub his magic lamp and wish that all the people in town be as dumb as you. :lol::lol:

At least you recognize that they have taken an active role in the community since their election. Which is what we elected them to do. Keep up the good work council people!

Guest Guest_Jerry Fernandez_*
Michael Fernández, by attacking a Town employee on the web just shows your ignorant position of Harrison's governmental organization.  Your opinion which is skewed just like Millan's, your father-in-law, re enforces that you are a little pawn who unfortunately will learn the realities of being the front guy for Milan.  He will let you take all the heat while he just sits around in his job which also was handed to him by the same Mayor that he is bashing now, through your mindless mouth.  Could he ever get a real job the way he speaks English?  I think not.  It is so sad that you are lacking  the political savy of your brother.  He knows when there is a gain to be had by voicing his opinion and a liabilty when you are shooting off your mouth.  I hope Jerry has the common sense to show you the light that your father-in-law is going to destroy you and your grandfather's business.  Since you are bringing so much attention to yourself, I also hope that your house is in order because when you start singling out individuals, I hope the Team will inspect your business dealings in detail.  How bout *** ***** *** **** ****** ***** ****** ******?  Is this ******* *** *****?  The public wants to know?

Let me start by stating, that I do respect the positions held by the Mayor and council. I understand that anytime people take the responsibility of serving the public it is not an easy job. I may not agree with all their decisions but I respect the fact they take on the responsibilities to serve the public.

With that said. It has come to my attention that someone would like me to show my brother the light, that his father in law will destroy him or our business. Let me say this, my brother is man enough to say what he feels, and smart enough to handle himself, he does not need me to show him any light. I may not agree with everything he says but I am proud that he has the courage to say what he feels and place his name on what he says. Which is more then I can say about most of the people on here.

It is a shame that people could not voice their opinion without feeling threatened. It is a shame that we can not disagree, fight for what we each believe in and then when the battle and the war is over, shake hands and say still friends lets move on.

The only way my grandfather's business will be destroyed is by this redevelopment. We have survived for 30 yrs including when the bridge street bridge was closed. Which by the way affected us far worse, then any so called boycott by members of this town, which they are entitled to do if they like. I do not believe anyone should be attacked in personal way, but if you hold positions that serve the public, be prepared to take some criticism and answer some questions. If you can not handle that then move on to something else.

I never really look at this web site. Nor do I feel this site will do much to change things here. I feel it's probably the same few dozen people bickering over the same subjects. I mean that with no disrespect to it's creator or to those who use it. I just feel you may get your point across by other means of media.

For those who speak against the town or its politics, and are afraid to put your name next to your statements, for fear of repercussions I understand. What I do not understand is someone who favors the town and makes comments like the one I read.

If you make statements of my family business or brother being destroyed, then be man or women and put your name on it, it seems awfully cowardly not to. And know this, whoever you are, our house is in order and we are a family. I may not be involved in all that my brother does, but I will always be his brother and I will always be here if he needs me. So if you have issues with me or anyone in my house, you know where I am and you know who I am which is more then I can say about you. Feel free to come talk to me instead of writing to me.

Jerry Fernandez the proud brother of Michael Fernandez in case you don't know me.

Guest Guest
Duh, how do you know, do you process the mail, or attend council meetings, or take an interest in the town.  Do you think that they should not take an interest in the town after being elected?  Do you think that they should only take an interest in "Their People".  Maybe Alladin should rub his magic lamp and wish that all the people in town be as dumb as you.  :lol:  :rolleyes:

At least you recognize that they have taken an active role in the community since their election.  Which is what we elected them to do.  Keep up the good work council people!

You show your ignorance by saying the Harrison Councilpersons are doing good work. Perhaps you can give us an example of that. Tell us how they lowered taxes, water bills, or improved the quality of life in Harrison. You can really show us your ignorance by telling us Harrison is a better place to live now, than it was twelve years ago.

Guest 2mart4u
You show your ignorance by saying the Harrison Councilpersons are doing good work.  Perhaps you can give us an example of that.  Tell us how they lowered taxes, water bills, or improved the quality of life in Harrison.  You can really show us your ignorance by telling us Harrison is a better place to live now, than it was twelve years ago.

"Keep up the good work council people" ??? LOL That post had to be written by one of our esteemed councilmen. Even the Kool-Aid drinkers in town know that there is NO good work being done by this group (unless you call rubber stamping every money-spending issue that comes before them, "good work".)

Guest Guest
You show your ignorance by saying the Harrison Councilpersons are doing good work.  Perhaps you can give us an example of that.  Tell us how they lowered taxes, water bills, or improved the quality of life in Harrison.  You can really show us your ignorance by telling us Harrison is a better place to live now, than it was twelve years ago.

You show your ignorance by thinking that the cost of anything is going to decrease. Thats why salary increases are called "cost of living". The cost of living increases therefore the salary needs to increase. Its been going on forever, where have you been. Get you head out of your rear end and participate in community events and you can witness their involvement. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
Let me start by stating, that I do respect the positions held by the Mayor and council. I understand that anytime people take the responsibility of serving the public it is not an easy job. I may not agree with all their decisions but I respect the fact they take on the responsibilities to serve the public.

With that said. It has come to my attention that someone would like me to show my brother the light, that his father in law will destroy him or our business. Let me say this, my brother is man enough to say what he feels, and smart enough to handle himself, he does not need me to show him any light. I may not agree with everything he says but I am proud that he has the courage to say what he feels and place his name on what he says. Which is more then I can say about most of the people on here.

It is a shame that people could not voice their opinion without feeling threatened. It is a shame that we can not disagree, fight for what we each believe in and then when the battle and the war is over, shake hands and say still friends lets move on.

The only way my grandfather's business will be destroyed is by this redevelopment. We have survived for 30 yrs including when the bridge street bridge was closed. Which by the way affected us far worse, then any so called boycott by members of this town, which they are entitled to do if they like.  I do not believe anyone should be attacked in personal way, but if you hold positions that serve the public, be prepared to take some criticism and answer some questions. If you can not handle that then move on to something else.

I never really look at this web site. Nor do I feel this site will do much to change things here. I feel it's probably the same few dozen people bickering over the same subjects. I mean that with no disrespect to it's creator or to those who use it. I just feel you may get your point across by other means of media.

For those who speak against the town or its politics, and are afraid to put your name next to your statements, for fear of repercussions I understand. What I do not understand is someone who favors the town and makes comments like the one I read.

If you make statements of my family business or brother being destroyed,  then be man or women and put your name on it, it seems awfully cowardly not to. And know this, whoever you are,  our house is in order and we are a family. I may not be involved in all that my brother does, but I will always be his brother and I will always be here if he needs me. So if you have issues with me or anyone in my house, you know where I am and you know who I am which is more then I can say about you. Feel free to come talk to me instead of writing to me.

Jerry Fernandez the proud brother of Michael Fernandez in case you don't know me.

Three items.

(1) First off, Harrison redevelopment is not destroying your business. This issue has went to the Supreme Court. They are however taking advantage of this.

(2) Surprised you don't have a better relationship with the town when this was being planned being that council members and judges have had a few cocktails at your place over the years.

(3) I stated in an earlier response somehwere on this board was the PAC was not about Harrison, but rather about your personal dilemma. I feel bad what is happening, but this town is a freakin eyesore and needs to be fixed. hey, I don't want a soccer stadium, but beginning tothink at least its progress.

Guest Guest
Three items.

(1) First off, Harrison redevelopment is not destroying your business. This issue has went to the Supreme Court. They are however taking advantage of this.

(2) Surprised you don't have a better relationship with the town when this was being planned being that council members and judges have had a few cocktails at your place over the years.

(3) I stated in an earlier response somehwere on this board was the PAC was not about Harrison, but rather about your personal dilemma. I feel bad what is happening, but this town is a freakin eyesore and needs to be fixed. hey, I don't want a soccer stadium, but beginning tothink at least its progress.

YOU HAD 3 POINTS TO BRING UP?

WHAT WERE THEY?

1). THEY ARE CLOSING THE BOYS RESTAURANT

2).HOW CAN THEY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A BUNCH A BACK STABERS

3).THE PURPOSE OF THE PAC, BE MAY WHAT IT BE, THERE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES WHEN YOU LEAVE THE KIDS WITH NO FIELD TO PLAY ON BECAUSE A DEVELOPER WANTS TO MAKE $$ OR IT'S AN ELECTION YEAR.

SO THINK ABOUT IT. JERRY FERNANDEZ AND HIS BROTHER HAVE MENTIONED SOLID ISSUES, SOLID, SUPPORTED BY FACTS.

I WISH ONE WOULD RUN FOR OFFICE!

Guest Guest
You show your ignorance by thinking that the cost of anything is going to decrease.  Thats why salary increases are called "cost of living".  The cost of living increases therefore the salary needs to increase.  Its been going on forever, where have you been.  Get you head out of your rear end and participate in community events and you can witness their involvement. :lol:

sure salary increases make sense, 8%, 10% even 13%, but 30% increases? and more?!! what world are we living in that our cost of living almost doubles in a year?! you're the one that needs to get your head out of your rear and see what it's like in the 'real world'...thre is no company or business out there that gives out such increases!!

Guest guest
YOU HAD 3 POINTS TO BRING UP?

WHAT WERE THEY?

1). THEY ARE CLOSING THE BOYS RESTAURANT

2).HOW CAN THEY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A BUNCH A BACK STABERS

3).THE PURPOSE OF THE PAC, BE MAY WHAT IT BE, THERE ARE SERIOUS ISSUES WHEN YOU LEAVE THE KIDS WITH NO FIELD TO PLAY ON BECAUSE A DEVELOPER WANTS TO MAKE $$ OR IT'S AN ELECTION YEAR.

SO THINK ABOUT IT.  JERRY FERNANDEZ AND HIS BROTHER HAVE MENTIONED SOLID ISSUES, SOLID, SUPPORTED BY FACTS.

I WISH ONE WOULD RUN FOR OFFICE!

So you want people who don't live in town to run for town office? Supported by facts, give me a break any a$$hole can manipulate the facts! Whats your name?

Guest guest
sure salary increases make sense, 8%, 10% even 13%, but 30% increases? and more?!!  what world are we living in that our cost of living almost doubles in a year?!  you're the one that needs to get your head out of your rear and see what it's like in the 'real world'...thre is no company or business out there that gives out such increases!!

The oil companies and restaurants

Archived