DPW Recycling center.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The DPW center needs a good cleaning, It smells, broken glass all over.

And those large containers are never washed out, Foul order, That attracts

bees and rats.

You can't blame town workers without blameing residents,

They are the ones who make the problems there,

Some of them think that they pay taxes, they can trash the place.

They park were ever they want blocking the driveway. And the DPW parking area.

Throw stuff in containers that are for glass and papers. Leave crap there they do

not want. And the employees have clean up after the Filthy residents.

The police should be there to give summons, Maybe if you hit them

in the pocketbook, They will clean up there act.

Guest Guest

bees and rats.

Throw stuff in containers that are for glass and papers. Leave crap there they do

Good god.... what a tool ! Why should we hire a cop to patrol the DPW recycling center when the town could hire you since you are down there 24/7 to see which bins the tax payers put their trash in.

Guest Guest

bees and rats.

Is'nt a watchman present at the site during the weekend to prevent these things from happening?

Guest Concerned

bees and rats.

B) I know exactly what your talking about, I was there last week and watched resisents throw the trash in the dumpster and what ever fell stayed. Yesterday I had to go down to the yard and what a difference, nice and clean no more cars , or glass, those guys are so busy cleaning the town they don't have time everyday to clean the DPW yard, it's nice to here some good talk about the DPW for a change B)

Guest Guest
:lol: I know exactly what your talking about, I was there last week and watched resisents throw the trash in the dumpster and what ever fell stayed. Yesterday I had to go down to the yard and what a difference, nice and clean no more cars , or glass, those guys are so busy cleaning the town they don't have time everyday to clean the DPW yard, it's nice to here some good talk about the DPW for a change :huh:

Clean the Town !!! Where !! What have you been drinking ! or should I say with who. more likely with the DPW workers. They do little in the morning and after their lunch ????, they do less. Lets be truthful.

Guest Concerned

B)quote=Guest,Apr 16 2006, 09:22 AM]

Clean the Town !!! Where !! What have you been drinking ! or should I say with who. more likely with the DPW workers. They do little in the morning and after their lunch ????, they do less. Lets be truthful.

:lol: What do you do? follow the workers all day? Like in ANY job there are those who work hard and there are those who just do some work. No matter what the work gets done. Would you like a job? I hear the town is hiring for DPW workers, maybe if you would apply, you could get the job and make and clean the entire town the way YOU want. Take a break, if you think it's so easy to work for the town, your WRONG, but then again if we didn't have pigs living here, there wouldn't be any need for the crews to go out and clean the streets and playgrounds.

Guest Guest

B)quote=Guest,Apr 16 2006, 09:22 AM]

:huh: What do you do? follow the workers all day? Like in ANY job there are those who work hard and there are those who just do some work. No matter what the work gets done. Would you like a job? I hear the town is hiring for DPW workers, maybe if you would apply, you could get the job and make and clean the entire town the way YOU want. Take a break, if you think it's so easy to work for the town, your WRONG, but then again if we didn't have pigs living here, there wouldn't be any need for the crews to go out and clean the streets and playgrounds.

Open your eyes. You must live in a dream world or you work for DPW. Which I can only hope not the latter. Get what job done. (At Grahams maybe) not on the street. I agree their are those who don't work and others who do less. Why is their a private tree cutting service around town, when we have our own. The private company works, maybe thats who you been seeing. You don't need to call the people of Kearny pigs or are you describing the DPW workers. They look the part.

Guest Guest

:huh: What do you do? follow the workers all day? Like in ANY job there are those who work hard and there are those who just do some work. No matter what the work gets done. Would you like a job? I hear the town is hiring for DPW workers, maybe if you would apply, you could get the job and make and clean the entire town the way YOU want. Take a break, if you think it's so easy to work for the town, your WRONG, but then again if we didn't have pigs living here, there wouldn't be any need for the crews to go out and clean the streets and playgrounds.

Open your eyes. You must live in a dream world or you work for DPW. Which I can only hope not the latter. Get what job done. (At Grahams maybe) not on the street. I agree their are those who don't work and others who do less. Why is their a private tree cutting service around town, when we have our own. The private company works, maybe thats who you been seeing. You don't need to call the people of Kearny pigs or are you describing the DPW workers. They look the part.

The private company is Nelsons, they are subcontractors for PSE&G. They are cutting trees because the town is not allowed to trim the trees that are dangerous to the power lines.

Guest guest
:huh: I know exactly what your talking about, I was there last week and watched resisents throw the trash in the dumpster and what ever fell stayed. Yesterday I had to go down to the yard and what a difference, nice and clean no more cars , or glass, those guys are so busy cleaning the town they don't have time everyday to clean the DPW yard, it's nice to here some good talk about the DPW for a change :(

I suggest a camara to to be installed .

Guest Concerned

:huh: Who do you think throws trash in the streets? aliens? I live in this town over fifty years, yes there are some services lacking, but do you have any idea how much work there is to do in one day ? People have to understand that there are schedules that have to be followed, like I have said previously the work orders come from Town Hall, these guys are to follow that list, unless a citizen calls with a complaint that needs immediate attention. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THE TOWN!

And as far as the tree's the town can not touch a tree without a hissy fit from the " Beautification Commitee " ! So my friend, it's like this, if the residents want a clean town, stop litering, if you see a little tree pulled out of it's pot either put it back or call the DPW, if you see garbage on the street call and give an address, if we all work together we can have a nice place to live

Guest guest
:lol: Who do you think throws trash in the streets? aliens? I live in this town over fifty years, yes there are some services lacking, but do you have any idea how much work there is to do in one day ? People have to understand that there are schedules that have to be followed, like I have said previously the work orders come from Town Hall, these guys are to follow that list, unless a citizen calls with a complaint that needs immediate attention. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THE TOWN!

And as far as the tree's the town can not touch a tree without a hissy fit from  the " Beautification Commitee " ! So my friend, it's like this, if the residents want a clean town, stop litering, if you see a little tree pulled out of it's pot either put it back or call the DPW, if you see garbage on the street call and give an address, if we all work together we can have a nice place to live

I agree

:lol: Who do you think throws trash in the streets? aliens? I live in this town over fifty years, yes there are some services lacking, but do you have any idea how much work there is to do in one day ? People have to understand that there are schedules that have to be followed, like I have said previously the work orders come from Town Hall, these guys are to follow that list, unless a citizen calls with a complaint that needs immediate attention. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THE TOWN!

And as far as the tree's the town can not touch a tree without a hissy fit from  the " Beautification Commitee " ! So my friend, it's like this, if the residents want a clean town, stop litering, if you see a little tree pulled out of it's pot either put it back or call the DPW, if you see garbage on the street call and give an address, if we all work together we can have a nice place to live

While I too agree with what you said, I do take exception to the remark about the Beautification Committee, which, by the way, is the Environmental & Beautification Committee. Although I have recently moved down the shore, I was a member of the committee for 12 years and served as chairperson for the last 5 years.

The people who serve on this committee serve the residents, taking time from their busy lives, like so many others refuse to do, attempting to make Kearny a better place to live. Some members, myself included, have attended Rutgers Urban Forestry programs as a requirement for certain state forestry funds. Others have worked to secure a format for town tree removal so that the old way of doing business; call a council member and the tree was chopped down whether it was healthy or not; no longer exists. The committee has also attempted numerous times to volunteer as a Litter Patrol, but have been rebuffed every time because of the liability issues. There are no "hissy fits" on this committee. Just non-compensated volunteers spending their gas money and their time trying to make the quality of life a little better for the rest of you. These same members, along with many members of the Mayor and Town Council, are also the mainstay of the Thanksgiving dinner program, giving up part of their holiday so others in need had a hot meal.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if more residents were to make a real committment to improving Kearny, like the members of the B&E Committee and other committees and commissions do, you would have the town you all care about. Try it, you may like it.

Ron Delaney

Guest Guest
:rolleyes: Who do you think throws trash in the streets? aliens? I live in this town over fifty years, yes there are some services lacking, but do you have any idea how much work there is to do in one day ? People have to understand that there are schedules that have to be followed, like I have said previously the work orders come from Town Hall, these guys are to follow that list, unless a citizen calls with a complaint that needs immediate attention. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THE TOWN!

Sounds like you work for DPW and want others to do your job, so you don't have to. I do agree that their are a lot of services from DPW that are lacking and as a tax payer I'm sure you agree something should be done with those workers whom we speak of. But you must start at the top and hold those in charge responsible. :lol:

Guest Concerned

quote=Guest,Apr 19 2006, 06:06 PM]

Sounds like you work for DPW and want others to do your job, so you don't have to. I do agree that their are a lot of services from DPW that are lacking and as a tax payer I'm sure you agree something should be done with those workers whom we speak of. But you must start at the top and hold those in charge responsible. :blink:

:lol: Well, those at the top of the food chain are the Mayor and council, it's there decision what gets done and what doesn't, so are we banging our heads on a wall or what? Again! I do not work for the DPW I only state what I know for a fact. I agree with you that something has to be done, but if you go to town hall they will tell you it will be taken care of, now, does town hall inform the DPW right away? I doubt it, and when they do it's down the road sometime, so if we are going to cast stones, do it on Kearny Ave .

Guest Guest

:blink: Well, those at the top of the food chain are the Mayor and council, it's there decision what gets done and what doesn't, so are we banging our heads on a wall or what? Again! I do not work for the DPW I only state what I know for a fact. I agree with you that something has to be done, but if you go to town hall they will tell you it will be taken care of, now, does town hall inform the DPW right away? I doubt it, and when they do it's down the road sometime, so if we are going to cast stones, do it on Kearny Ave .

So you really think the mayor and council sit up there and decide which jobs the dpw will do tomorow? Get a life.

Guest Guest
Sounds like you work for DPW and want others to do your job, so you don't have to. I do agree that their are a lot of services from DPW that are lacking and as a tax payer I'm sure you agree something should be done with those workers whom we speak of. But you must start at the top and hold those in charge responsible.  :blink:

The DPW has a finite number of people to do a certain number of tasks. ther eare things that were done by other departments (The Police maintaining the signs, and street lines comes immediately to mind) that have been tacked onto the DPW's other duties. There are only 8 hours in the day, and a lot of things that need to be done, can there be improvements in efficiency?? sure but the more missions yot tack on to any group, the less gets done.

Guest Guest
The DPW has a finite number of people to do a certain number of tasks.  ther eare things that were done by other departments (The Police maintaining the signs, and street lines comes immediately to mind) that have been tacked onto the DPW's other duties.  There are only 8 hours in the day, and a lot of things that need to be done, can there be improvements in efficiency?? sure but the more missions yot tack on to any group, the less gets done.

I do agree with you, when you say (the less gets done.) DPW should clean house first, then maybe the Town.

Guest Guest
I do agree with you, when you say (the less gets done.) DPW should clean house first, then maybe the Town.

Any formman should know how long a particular job takes to do. If he has done that job in the past. Question:Does anyone know if they issue work orders daily?complete with assigned vehicle, crew and assignments.These sheets are filled out with work done for that day. If you want productivity start checking the work orders to see what is getting done. All the supervisors have to do is check the areas assigned, done or not done. Hey! but who's checking Right Joe?

Archived