Question for town council

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Open question for the Town Council:

Why does the Harrison Town Council refuse to allow town residents to speak at council meetings ? I'm not talking about mailing a question to the town clerk 2 weeks in advance to have a question put on the agenda. I'm talking about an "open public session" , when residents can stand and ask a question, make a comment, complain about something, complement someone, whatever may be on their minds that concern the town of Harrison.

This is not an unknown concept, it is a common practice in every town that I have polled (32 towns polled, 32 with public sessions).

What are you afraid of ?? Being asked an embarrassing question?? Having to listen to a citizen voice a complaint about soccer stadiums ??

I could understand your refusal to allow residents to speak if this was Communist China, where free speech is prohibited. But this is not Communist China and freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution.

As elected officials , you are expected and required to listen to your constituents. Requiring questions or comments 2 weeks in advance, in writing is .simply a gimmick to discourage residents from speaking.

I intend to go to the newspapers about this issue. Perhaps when some reporter does his own polling and realizes that Harrison stands alone in not allowing its citizens to speak openly at council meetings, he will see a story worth featuring in the newspaper.

Guest anyone can talk

Anyone can talk at the town meeting, but they won't answer any questions. You can say what you want for 2 minutes. Harrison times you, other towns don't, thats optional, but they let you talk.

Anyone can talk at the town meeting, but they won't answer any questions.  You can say what you want for 2 minutes.  Harrison times you, other towns don't, thats optional, but they let you talk.

We can talk all we want and it will not make a difference, their minds are made up and we are just going to have to pay for the failures they have created. They seem to know it all but yet they still have not figured out that Harrison is 1 square mile how the hell are we going to have 20,000 extra people here? here is the pretty picture everyone that has 5 to 7 votes in their house are all being taken care of, (jobs) (raises) that is they way they S**K votes out of people, I mean come on just look at some of the new employees in town they all have big families, it is all about the votes. Another tip for you all is once they ruin Harrison they will all be moving down to their shore houses and we will be holding the bag.

Guest Sleepless In Harrison
We can talk all we want and it will not make a difference, their minds are made up and we are just going to have to pay for the failures they have created. They seem to know it all but yet they still have not figured out that Harrison is 1 square mile how the hell are we going to have 20,000 extra people here? here is the pretty picture everyone that has 5 to 7 votes in their house are all being taken care of, (jobs) (raises) that is they way they S**K votes out of people, I mean come on just look at some of the new employees in town they all have big families, it is all about the votes. Another tip for you all is once they ruin Harrison they will all be moving down to their shore houses and we will be holding the bag.

I read a comment the other day by Mulligan saying this soccer stadium was going to be the "centerpiece" of the redevelopment project. WHAT A CROCK !! A big concrete monster, sitting empty every weekday. A centerpiece ?? Frank, put down the Kool-Aid.

Guest Guest
Anyone can talk at the town meeting, but they won't answer any questions.  You can say what you want for 2 minutes.  Harrison times you, other towns don't, thats optional, but they let you talk.

No you can't.  Because they keep changing time and dates of meetings so no one can attend.

Guest guest
I read a comment the other day by Mulligan saying this soccer stadium was going to be the "centerpiece" of the redevelopment project.  WHAT A CROCK !!  A big concrete monster,  sitting empty every weekday. A centerpiece ??  Frank, put down the Kool-Aid.

I wonder if the Planning Committee has an "area" of land in mind "just in case" after a game or two is held, there happens to be "not enough" parking available in the new parking area designated for the customers, in the vicinity of the stadium?

Where would that 'back-up' area be located if parking is found to be lacking?

Most people over over 25, especially couples with 1-2 kids and middle-age couples, prefer to travel 'from out of town by car, in 'comfort'; not have to take a 'crowded' train (probably 'standing room only'); and a bus or another train; especially on their day off from work. The'd rather pay the 'extra' parking fee.

Are we 'prepared' for a 'DOUBLE" PARKING AREA if needed and Where?

Guest Guest

don't worry the new police specials will point them in the right direction. DEREK will make a spot for these parkers, and have the specials maybe serve as valets.

I wonder if the Planning Committee has an "area" of land in mind  "just in case" after a game or two is held, there happens to be "not enough" parking available in the new parking area designated for the customers, in the vicinity of the stadium?

Most people over over 25, especially couples with 1-2 kids and middle-age couples, prefer to travel 'from out of town by car, in 'comfort'; not have to take a 'crowded' train  (probably 'standing room only'); and a bus or another train; especially on their day off from work.  The'd rather pay the 'extra' parking fee.

Guest 2smart4u
I wonder if the Planning Committee has an "area" of land in mind  "just in case" after a game or two is held, there happens to be "not enough" parking available in the new parking area designated for the customers, in the vicinity of the stadium?

Most people over over 25, especially couples with 1-2 kids and middle-age couples, prefer to travel 'from out of town by car, in 'comfort'; not have to take a 'crowded' train  (probably 'standing room only'); and a bus or another train; especially on their day off from work.  The'd rather pay the 'extra' parking fee.

Yes. There is designated parking areas in case of overflow in the parking garage. The areas include double parking, parking in front of hydrants, driveways and crosswalks.

Guest guest

with the price of gas, i'll take the train

Archived