Kool-Aid drinkers

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

I have to shake my head and wonder when I read comments coming from this redevelopment committee like "the stadium will be the centerpiece of the redevelopment". WHAT !! That sounds like something the developers told them to say and is totally rediculous.

Throughout the country, whenever a large area (such as this one) is being redeveloped, the "centerpiece" is an area where residents, visitors, shoppers and the like can go. Small shops, cafes, restaurants, boutiques, walkways with benches, trees and parking areas will attract visitors and investors.

But a stadium ?? Does anyone think this giant concrete monolith is going to attract anyone or anything ?? It will be sitting vacant most of the time casting long, cold shadows over the surrounding area. Oh, yeah. I can see the crowds coming now to stand and stare up at this monster.

And then I think of the $40,000,000 .

Guest 2smart4u
2smart4u, STOP COMPLAINING and do something about it. 

Otherwise, SHUT UP.  :lol:

Mr. Harrison, what do you suggest that I do ?? As I see it, the only way to "do something about it" is at the polls. Until the voters of Harrison get fed up with the abuse and vote these boobs out, will anything change.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
2smart4u, STOP COMPLAINING and do something about it. 

Otherwise, SHUT UP.  :lol:

Mr. Harrison, it's easy to sit behind your computer and say "do something about it". What have YOU done about it ? At least he's trying by bringing the issues to the attention of the voters.

Of course, if you're a supporter of this "gang that couldn't shoot straight", then I understand your outburst.

Mr. Harrison, it's easy to sit behind your computer and say "do something about it".  What have YOU done about it ?  At least he's trying by bringing the issues to the attention of the voters.

Of course, if you're a supporter of this "gang that couldn't shoot straight", then I understand your outburst.

Dear Angry Taxpayer,

You can do something about it by distributing KOTW flyers available from KOTW's main page. Although the number is growing every month, only a small fraction of the residents of Harrison know that KearnyOnTheWeb exists. Printing out two dozen or so flyers and distributing them to your neighbors will definitely "do something about it". If 50 percent of the viewers of KOTW went out and did the same, the number of unique viewers would more than triple. Those folks would then join the discussion and the search for the truth.

KOTW does not support any particular point of view. KOTW however fosters discussion of issues effecting the residents of Harrison. From who should clean the hallways at the Harrison Gardens to whether bonding 40 million for a soccer team from New York makes any sense, KOTW is an outlet for discussion. On this beautiful day, warm up your printer, print out some flyers and distribute them to your neighbors. It's a start.

KOTW

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Dear Angry Taxpayer,

You can do something about it by distributing KOTW flyers available from KOTW's main page.  Although the number is growing every month, only a small fraction of the residents of Harrison know that KearnyOnTheWeb exists.  Printing out  two dozen or so flyers and distributing them to your neighbors will definitely "do something about it".  If 50 percent of the viewers of KOTW went out and did the same, the number of unique viewers would more than triple.  Those folks would then join the discussion and the search for the truth.

KOTW does not support any particular point of view.  KOTW however fosters discussion of issues effecting the residents of Harrison.  From who should clean the hallways at the Harrison Gardens to whether bonding 40 million for a soccer team from New York makes any sense, KOTW is an outlet for discussion.  On this beautiful day, warm up your printer, print out some flyers and distribute them to your neighbors.  It's a start.

KOTW

KOTW, thanks for the tip, I will do that. I can say with certainty that between my family, relatives, friends and neighbors, there are 16 of us that will NOT vote for this mayor or any of his rubber-stamp councilmen. I hope Mr. Harrison will do the same.

Guest guest
Dear Angry Taxpayer,

You can do something about it by distributing KOTW flyers available from KOTW's main page.  Although the number is growing every month, only a small fraction of the residents of Harrison know that KearnyOnTheWeb exists.  Printing out  two dozen or so flyers and distributing them to your neighbors will definitely "do something about it".  If 50 percent of the viewers of KOTW went out and did the same, the number of unique viewers would more than triple.  Those folks would then join the discussion and the search for the truth.

KOTW does not support any particular point of view.  KOTW however fosters discussion of issues effecting the residents of Harrison.  From who should clean the hallways at the Harrison Gardens to whether bonding 40 million for a soccer team from New York makes any sense, KOTW is an outlet for discussion.  On this beautiful day, warm up your printer, print out some flyers and distribute them to your neighbors.  It's a start.

KOTW

Under the guise of performing a public service and freedom of speech your site promotes lies and slander. Rumor unfortunaltely becomes fact and innocent people are hurt.

I also question your selective censorship of names. Who are you to decide whose names appear, who is to be protected and who is not? What is your name? I guess you're not proud enough of this site to put your name to it. I tend to think it's because you're afraid to face those that are hurt here or or expose yourself to a lawsuit.

The right to free speech stops when innocent people are hurt. There are laws against that as there should be. The damage is done here annonymously by people who don't have the character to say the same thing in person or in public where they can be held accountable. You provide a forum and protection for these people.

Shame on you.

Is our community any better because of Kearny on the Web? I think not and I know I'm not alone. KOTW is not constructive, it is destructive.

Guest The Ruler has spoken

The Ruler says that 15 home games a year is worth investing $40,000,000.00

The Ruler rays that it will be the center of the re-development.

I say their full of Sh!t

Guest guest
Dear Angry Taxpayer,

KOTW

What is your interest in the Town of Harrison Mr. KOTW? East Newark and North Arlington have the lowest number of views why didn't you make a post like this on their forum? From what I understand you are buddies with pac founder and his FIL. :ph34r:

Under the guise of performing a public service and freedom of speech your site promotes lies and slander. Rumor unfortunaltely becomes fact and innocent people are hurt.

I also question your selective censorship of names. Who are you to decide whose names appear, who is to be protected and who is not? What is your name? I guess you're not proud enough of this site to put your name to it. I tend to think it's because you're afraid to face those that are hurt here or or expose yourself to a lawsuit.

The right to free speech stops when innocent people are hurt. There are laws against that as there should be. The damage is done here annonymously by people who don't have the character to say the same thing in person or in public where they can be held accountable. You provide a forum and protection for these people.

Shame on you.

Is our community any better because of Kearny on the Web? I think not and I know I'm not alone. KOTW is not constructive, it is destructive.

guest,

If you have a problem with a particular post, email me. I will review it. I attempt to read every post completely but on occasion I have missed a post or two. When it's brought to my attention, I will remedy the error. I believe that KOTW serves a very important function -- it sheds light on issues effecting our community. I expect that it ruffles some feathers on occasion but rarely does it go beyond that. As far as being anonymous, it's a tradition handed down from the first KOTW to the present KOTW.

For those who believe that KOTW is constructive, not destructive, now is the time to show your support by priting out some flyers, going door to door and getting the word out. Buying some stuff from my advertisers on the main page and throughout the site would be nice.

KOTW

Guest Guest
guest,

If you have a problem with a particular post, email me.  I will review it.  I attempt to read every post completely but on occasion I have missed a post or two.  When it's brought to my attention, I will remedy the error.  I believe that KOTW serves a very important function -- it sheds light on issues effecting our community.  I expect that it ruffles some feathers on occasion but rarely does it go beyond that.  As far as being anonymous, it's a tradition handed down from the first KOTW to the present KOTW.

For those who believe that KOTW is constructive, not destructive, now is the time to show your support by priting out some flyers, going door to door and getting the word out.  Buying some stuff from my advertisers on the main page and throughout the site would be nice. 

KOTW

"tradition"? That's a good one.

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Shame on you.

"Promotes lies and slander" ?? Mr. Guest, why don't you give specifics on the lies and slander claims. Unless you can name them specifically and offer evidence that someone has been slandered, then your statement is only what you claim KOTW is guilty of; lies and slander. Put the Kool-Aid down.

Guest Guest
What is your interest in the Town of Harrison Mr. KOTW?  East Newark and North Arlington have the lowest number of views why didn't you make a post like this on their forum?  From what I understand you are buddies with pac founder and his FIL. :ph34r:

ALRIGHT TP WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO DO SOME WORK FOR THE COMMUNITY IN WHICH YOU GET PAID BY, YOU GET PAID FOR DOING NOTHING....WHAT HAVE YOU DONE BIG MOUTH? NOTHING,,,,,, NOTHING,,,,,,, NOTHING.,,,,,,,,,,

Guest Guest
QUOTE(guest @ Apr 3 2006, 06:35 PM)

What is your interest in the Town of Harrison Mr. KOTW?  East Newark and North Arlington have the lowest number of views why didn't you make a post like this on their forum?  From what I understand you are buddies with pac founder and his FIL.

What is your problem with this Forum. You seem to visit it enough. Harrison seems to be full of people who like to start rumors. You, for this reason alone. should love this site.

Dear Guests and Members:

I received emails stating that the individuals could not find the KOTW flyers. The flyers are available as a link after an article on the main page. But to save you the effort of scrolling down the main page, here is the link to the Harrison KOTW flyer

http://www.kearnyontheweb.com/Hey%20Harrison%20Flyer.pdf

Have fun distributing the flyer.

KOTW

Guest guest
Dear Guests and Members:

I received emails stating that the individuals could not find the KOTW flyers.  The flyers are available as a link after an article on the main page.  But to save you the effort of scrolling down the main page, here is the link to the Harrison KOTW flyer

http://www.kearnyontheweb.com/Hey%20Harrison%20Flyer.pdf

Have fun distributing the flyer.

KOTW

Mayor we will need more personel to pick up the flyers off the streets.

Archived