Town Meeting, April 4th POSTPONED

Harrison water rates to rise due to Passaic Valley hikes

Monday, March 27, 2006

By ROSE DUGER

JOURNAL CORRESPONDENT

HARRISON - Residents and businesses are facing a sizable water rate increase under a proposed ordinance that will have a public hearing at next month's Town Council meeting.

The ordinance proposes a 39 percent increase in water rates - rising from $19 per 1,000 cubic feet of water to $26.50 - along with a 13 percent hike in sewer rates. ...

The ordinance mentioned in the above Quote, was passed Monday, March 27th. The whole council voted yes in favor of the ordinance, except Dan Kelly, who was absent. This information can be confirmed by calling the Town Clerks office. (973) 268-2425. The ordinance # 1134

Guest Town Resident
The ordinance mentioned in the above Quote, was passed Monday, March 27th.  The whole council voted yes in favor of the ordinance, except Dan Kelly, who was absent. This information can be confirmed by calling the Town Clerks office.  (973) 268-2425.  The ordinance # 1134

Monday ?? Was this a special meeting ?? Was the meeting advertised ?? Or was this another secret meeting ?? I see that as usual, the whole council rubber-stamped the vote.

Guest Guest

Find this statement to be so appropriate at this time. Seems the people of Harrison have been dismissed again in regards to there rights to question such a ordinance. Did anyone even know that this Ordinance #1134 was up for a vote so soon????????????

Quote-

"Democracies die behind closed doors. A government operating in the shodow of secrecy stands in complete opposition to the society envisioned by the framers of the constitution".

As stated by, Judge Damon Keith, of the 6th United States Circuit Court of Appeals, 2002.

There is no "We the People" or "For the People and By the People" in the Town of Harrison.

Guest Guest

Michael:

You need to get in touch with Rose Duger and find out why she printed a lie in the March 27th, 2006 Journal informing the people of Harrison that before the Ordinance #1134 would be passed it would be open for public discussion at the April 4th meeting. Journalist don't like to be made fools of they are suppose to print the truth. Am thinking someone lied to Ms. Duger. Bring this wrong information into the public's eye. Ask her to find out why the meeting was canceled for April 4th and why there was no public session with the Towns people before 1134 was passed. Bring it to the front page of all the newspapers that the politician's in Harrison lie.

Guest Guest
Monday ??  Was this a special meeting ??  Was the meeting advertised ?? Or was this another secret meeting ??  I see that as usual, the whole council rubber-stamped the vote.

Not only did they rubber stamp the vote but our asteemed Town Clerk/Town Lawyer allowed the council to vote illegally. Since Dan Kelly was absent, there were 7 votes left. Mayor McDumb, Councilman Pettigrew, Villalta, Dolaghan work for PVSC or have family who work there. They should have recused themselves. The vote is therefore illegal. these guys are raising your water bill to pay there high salaries for there no show jobs.

Guest Town Ruler

Sour Grapes. Do you really think that anything different is occurring here than in Trenton??? One small man is using his son-in-law as a mouth piece and the sad reality is that Micheal is thinking that he is really the man behind the words. Are brothers Fernandez doing secret business behind everyones back with Carl G.????

Micheal is whinning that no one from RiverPark is even ordering a cheese staek from his establishment, trying to distance himself from Mr. Goldberg!!! Who is the real joke in Town??? We see all and know all. Maybe your cheese steak prices have balloned beyond reason, like your head. Mr. Millan speaking on Wednesday night sounds like a total joke when he thinks that lead pipes for drinking water and asbestos are even close to risk free cellular relay stations. Please use your cell phone a few more times a day so we can say good bye sooner. The Town Ruler knows all.

Sour Grapes. Do you really think that anything different is occurring here than in Trenton??? One small man is using his son-in-law as a mouth piece and the sad reality is that Micheal is thinking that he is really the man behind the words. Are brothers Fernandez doing secret business behind everyones back with Carl G.???? 

This post starts off mentioning Trenton, a familiar site, for a select few I guess.

You mention my father-in-law (Mr. MILLAN), I like that.

The comment I like the most is

Are brothers Fernandez doing secret business behind everyones back with Carl G.????

Your attempt to intimidate me, by spreading LIES/ RUMORS is becoming obvious. Friday, March 31st around 9:00pm, I was questioned why I never took the deal I was offered (Can someone tell us What DEAL?). Now, you try to spread a rumor by asking if we could cut a deal with Carl G. :lol:

My name is Michael Fernández. I have just organized a Political Action Committee. It's a non-profit organization, inviting all to participate.

The Following is the P.A.C Mission Statement:

"As members of the community, we share at least some basic bond, Living or Doing Business in Harrison, which may be enough to ensure our loyalty to one another in improving the quality of life in Harrison."

Micheal is whinning that no one from RiverPark is even ordering a cheese staek from his establishment, trying to distance himself from Mr. Goldberg!!! Who is the real joke in Town???

I'm out to encourage Harrisonians to step up, voice their opinion. Maybe encourage someone to run for office and may the best candidate win. I will encourage public debates on real issues.

The only ones that should fear my INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee , are those that are not out for the best interest of Harrison

We see all and know all.
You have to teach me that one.
Maybe your cheese steak prices have balloned beyond reason, like your head. Mr. Millan speaking on Wednesday night sounds like a total joke when he thinks that lead pipes for drinking water and asbestos are even close to risk free cellular relay stations. Please use your cell phone a few more times a day so we can say good bye sooner. The Town Ruler knows all.
THE TOWN RULER KNOWS ALL. Do you realize that they have you believing the town has a RULER? :lol: Do you only follow orders from that ruler? I believe in a different government then you I guess; One that’s run by the people, for the people, with the people; all people.

Thank You

Michael Fernández

Guest Guest

Michael, thats Harrison. They see how the lies about your father-in-law worked and they think making up stories about you will work. Don't stop. I'll be at your meeting.

Guest Guest

Michael:

Perhaps you should have your lawyer look into the passing of Ordinance #1134 weather it was a legal vote or not. Is it possible, with the Mayor and the councilman that work a PVSA voting on 1134 they are guilty of a "Conflict of Interest"? Maybe the question should be brought before the Executive Commission On Ethical Standards in Trenton to find the answer? You have them on the run, don't stop, your doing a real good job.

Perhaps it is time the people drew some real media attention to the issues effecting this town. Perhaps it is time we hold up some signs in front of the town hall protesting the treatment of the tax-payers and voters not to mention all the business owners who keep getting crapped on. I'll bet we would get attention quite quickly then.

Guest guest
Michael:

Perhaps you should have your lawyer look into the passing of Ordinance #1134 weather it was a legal vote or not.  Is it possible, with the Mayor and the councilman that work a PVSA voting on 1134 they are guilty of a "Conflict of Interest"?  Maybe the question should be brought before the Executive Commission On Ethical Standards in Trenton to find the answer?  You have them on the run, don't stop, your doing a real good job.

Trenton is busy accepting bribes and kickbacks. :ph34r:

The next Town meeting will most likely be while everyone is at work. Figure on a weekday at about 4:30pm. This way no one will be able to attend and once again out town fathers won't have to face the music. They are certainly good at this political game, aren't they ?

Archived