ISSUE Antenna /Saftey

There will be a meeting Wednesday, March 29th of the Zoning Board; It will be held at the Town Hall 2nd fl. The meeting begins at 7:00 pm. The main topic of discussion will be Antennas for Cellular phones being placed in Harrison on a building roof top.

Issue: That these antennas should not be located near schools or in highly residential areas, for health and safety reasons.

The Friends of Harrison P.A.C. wants to support any Harrison Resident, with his issue of public safety. We also ask all Harrisonians to show support of these Resident, on this issue. Mailings of this meeting were held strictly to residents that live near the building, which the antenna will be placed on, but this affects the whole town’s safety & our children’s safety.

Zoning Board

Erik Brachman

Ronald Catrambone

Eugene J. Gilmore

Gabriela V. Simoes

Jorge Torres

Lily Wang

Dennis Woods

AGAIN THE MEETING WILL BE HELD:

TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29th AT 7:00 pm, IN THE 2nd FLOOR

ANYONE THAT CAN ATTEND SHOULD ATTEND

VOICE YOUR OPINION, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE

There will be a meeting Wednesday, March 29th of the Zoning Board; It will be held at the Town Hall 2nd fl.  The meeting begins at 7:00 pm.  The main topic of discussion will be Antennas for Cellular phones being placed in Harrison on a building roof top. 

Issue: That these antennas should not be located near schools or in highly residential areas, for health and safety reasons.

The Friends of Harrison P.A.C. wants to support any Harrison Resident, with his issue of public safety.  We also ask all Harrisonians to show support of these Resident, on this issue.  Mailings of this meeting were held strictly to residents that live near the building, which the antenna will be placed on, but this affects the whole town’s safety & our children’s safety.

Zoning Board

Erik Brachman

Ronald Catrambone

Eugene J. Gilmore

Gabriela V. Simoes

Jorge Torres

Lily Wang

Dennis Woods

AGAIN THE MEETING WILL BE HELD:

TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29th AT 7:00 pm, IN THE 2nd FLOOR

ANYONE THAT CAN ATTEND SHOULD ATTEND

VOICE YOUR OPINION, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE

Where is the building located?

Guest Angry Taxpayer
TODAY! March 29th the Zoning Board;  Town Hall 2nd fl.  7:00 pm.

The main topic of discussion will be Antennas for Cellular phones being placed in Harrison on a building roof top.

I think the mayor already directed them to vote yes. You don't really think they vote independently. do you ?? This is Harrison (enough said).

The meeting was good. There had to be about 40 residents.

It seems like the board must have voted not to allow the antennas to go up, but that must have happened a few months ago. This meeting tonight had two people; one was an attorney and one from Omni/ T-Mobile. They put on a presentation, which was not all impressive. They seem to have run some test on sites for the antenna which were recommended by the board. They didn't check every site requested by the board and they seemed very confused. At one point Ronald Catrambone questioned the two guys because they contradicted themselves about not knowing where one of the sites was, but they conducted test on that location. It honestly seemed like they just didn’t want any other location, but the one on Harrison Ave. They referred to a location on 5th Street and Sussex, but said that it’s a permitted zone, but not available. They didn’t say why it wasn’t available, just that the board said it wasn’t available.

The town had hired a Doctor Eisenstod to do research and ask questions. These questions seemed to have flustered the lawyer and guest speaker. The Doctor questioned the Omni / T-Mobil speaker that there is no law saying how strong the signal had to be and therefore it's simply a business decision for the telephone company to put the antennas at any risk, if any. He also mentioned the Health & Safety Act of 1999, but don’t know why. Maybe someone can look it up.

Anselmo Millan stepped up from the public and thanked the committee and people for not allowing the antennas to go up. He reminded the public that there was once a day when they said asbestos was ok for installation & that lead paint were good. He agreed with the doctor that this is a business decisions and that the best location would be a more industrial area. That the risks of putting these antennas, in an area so heavily populated, may not be wise and the risk of the people's health should never be compromised.

I was surprised that the Development of the area was not mentioned. I was also surprised to find out that Harrison has 13 Antenna already up in town.

Guest all you need to know

Base stations of cellular phones.

The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Committee on Man and Radiation (COMAR) acknowledges public concerns about the safety of exposure to radio frequency (RF) fields from base station antennas used for cellular telephone and other wireless communications services.

You never know.

Guest Guest

I am not surprised that you are surprised by the events going on in this town. You are surprised because you don't live here and before the town claimed eminant domain over your business you could care less. :(

Guest 1st Warder
I am not surprised that you are surprised by the events going on in this town.  You are surprised because you don't live here and before the town claimed eminant domain over your business you could care less.    :(

Mayor, your full of it and we know where your motives are. You are out for yourself and nobody else. Your redevelopment zone is just a way to steal properties for hardworking folk like Mr. Fernandez. This man has the courage to stand up for what his family built a meal at a time. You instead have lived off of my water and sewer bill at PVSC. Or should I say you get paid for not working. What exactly do you do all day? Governor Corzine should shut you down already. The Feds aren't doing it why I have no idea. You stick out your tongue at them and do whatever you want. I will stand with anyone that stands up to fight this corruption. Michael have my support. Keep standing up we are right behind you. To the Feds, shame on you for not helping folks like Mr. Fernandez.

Guest Guest

Did anyone read this link?? Base stations pose no health risk. The phones by your brain are the real problem not these stations. Millan I am trying to help you since I know you can not read English. Maybe your half wit son-in-law can help. Habla Spanish Pavilion?? I will eat Americana from here out.

Guest Redevelopment No
Did anyone read this link??  Base stations pose no health risk.  The phones by your brain are the real problem not these stations.  Millan I am trying to help you since I know you can not read English.  Maybe your half wit son-in-law can help.  Habla Spanish Pavilion??  I will eat Americana from here out.

Michael, you're already making a difference. These guys are cancelling meetings and scrampling to attack you. They don't have any descent place left to eat in Harrison because they have given all the money to the outside redevelopers and forgotten about the Harrison business district. I say everyone on KOTW go to your restaurant this week on Tuesday April 4th in support of your PAC and in lieu of the cancelled town meeting. How about a march down from the Town Hall to your restaurant.

Guest Guest
In unusual cases, typically with base station antennas located on rooftops, personnel might be exposed to RF fields above recommended limits depending on operating power levels and accessibility to antennas. In such cases, access to areas where exposures might be above safety guidelines should be restricted.
Consequently, wireless base stations are not considered to present a risk to the general population including aged people, pregnant women, and children.
In special circumstances workers, and possibly members of the public, could be exposed to fields greater than the exposure guidelines. In these cases, generally on rooftops, access should be restricted. Appropriate signs and procedures should be implemented. In addition, there may be some risk to personnel with heart pacemakers, implanted defibrillators, or other body-mounted medical electronic devices when they are close (within a meter or so) and in the main beam of an operating base station antenna [8]. Personnel working close to such antennas should follow appropriate work procedures, including the use of survey meters or personal monitors, protective suits, or turning the transmitters off during maintenance procedures.

It seems pretty safe, but I kinda agree with Milan. There should be no compromise of public safety. These people have to put the antennas where we tell them to ensure our public safety. You never know what they'll find in years to come. By the way, doesn't Milan have a defibrillator? Imagine if you had one, you would be by his side in making sure the right thing is done.

I applaud his effort.

Archived